Lochloosa
War
The Sweetest Thing
Everything Good Is Bad
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
On Fire

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

found this out there .......

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Thank you DT. Higher you climb opener, dont see that too often. Ten song setlist. Hmpf. So did Jonny Lang get more? Was the length of sets about the same? I see On Fire as the encore again. I say again to those who are only accustomed to the studio version of this that the live encore version is epic. The last several minutes has Dennis and Art killing it on horns. Epic I tell you.

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Thank you DT. Higher you climb opener, dont see that too often. Ten song setlist. Hmpf. So did Jonny Lang get more? Was the length of sets about the same? I see On Fire as the encore again. I say again to those who are only accustomed to the studio version of this that the live encore version is epic. The last several minutes has Dennis and Art killing it on horns. Epic I tell you.

Mofro played 10 songs, just like in Boulder, but only had 3 songs repeat on the setlist which was very cool.  OB, Lochloosa, and Sweetest Thing.  Jonny Lang played a little bit longer and had an Encore.  I would say he played for almost two hours and about the same amount of songs, I can't remember for sure.  It's hard to count his songs because he ties them all together and has a 20 minute guitar solo literally every song. 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #5 
In this show, the guys really brought it, probably because they had to hold back in Boulder.  You can tell from the set list that there was alot of songs that are louder and more Rock N Roll than usual.  JJ played the hell out of his new guitar this show.  He was soloing like crazy and didn't put down his guitar until the latter part of the set. 

The rest of the band killed it as well.  Trube and JJ going back and forth on guitar for WYLF is killer.  I think I have a little video on it that I will post when I get home.

Anthony was awesom on the keys for Slow Hot and Sweaty.  That and his robot dance he does now always gets a good laugh.

Art and Dennis, jesus, what can you say about those guys.  They really got alot of wows and standing ovations out of the crowd.  Art went up to someone in the front row and played right on top of them, it was killer.  Dennis was On Fire for EGIB and Slow Hot and Sweaty. 

Throw in Trube for the On Fire finally and it's out of control.  I love how they bring everyone in front and just go to town.

JJ's story on Slow Hot & Sweaty was the same, but he really played it off this show.  Had the crowd laughing like crazy.  There were alot of people standing and dancing.  Some people had a make shift JJ Grey and Mofro sign that they kept holding up.  I tried to get a picture of it, but it never turned out. 

For a 10 song set and opening act, this was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen of the guys.  They really played well and you could tell they were all having a really good time.  They gained alot of fans after this show because I noticed alot of people had no clue who Mofro was and by the end of it they were dancing standing up, or dancing in thier chairs.  Alot of them were singing EGIB also when JJ got them going.  A standing ovation to end and alot of people left after that, didn't stay for Jonny Lang.

One other thing, Jonny Lang played a really good show, but he was overshadowed by JJ and the guys.  One guy kept yelling out during his set for JJ to come back on.  It was kinda funny.  Felt bad for Jonny Lang, but whenever there was a silent part to his show, all you heard was "Where's JJ?"  "Bring JJ back out!"

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #6 

I have video of Lochloosa as well and some pictures.  I'll post them when I get a chance...

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 

can't wait to see your vids Mr. Moderator!!

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #8 
Another new thing, I don't know if JJ has done this yet, but when he sings the Sweetest Thing, at the end, he sang a bunch of funny events that have happened with his little one.  Got alot of laughs out of the crowd and he couldn't have a bigger smile when he sings about his daughter.  It's really cool to see... 

A few examples...  In between singing "you're the Sweetest Thing, the Sweetest Thing"  He would throw in, "even when you take a permanent marker and write all over the walls"  or  "when you locked mommy and daddy out of the house". 

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Another new thing, I don't know if JJ has done this yet, but when he sings the Sweetest Thing, at the end, he sang a bunch of funny events that have happened with his little one.  Got alot of laughs out of the crowd and he couldn't have a bigger smile when he sings about his daughter.  It's really cool to see... 

A few examples...  In between singing "you're the Sweetest Thing, the Sweetest Thing"  He would throw in, "even when you take a permanent marker and write all over the walls"  or  "when you locked mommy and daddy out of the house". 

awesome DT, I have yet to hear of anything like this!  how amazing to share his stories of his little lady with everyone.

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #10 
When I saw them at flood city and Cleveland he didn't mention anything about his daughters shenanigans , so that must be new, very sweet.
I got to meet her last year while working blackwater, she was all over the place running around backstage , cute as a button!!!

Very cool DT, thanks for the reviews. I was just thinking that it's been almost a year when we were at Ogden and the mish. Can't wait to see you guys again on rombello

( funny quotes from rombello )
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #11 

Another Rombello comment...  During the Denver show, JJ was introducing the band members and mentioned that Andrew and Anthony are the Greyhounds and then mentioned that they were going to be on Rombello with them.  He mentioned how it is going to be a good time had by all, just like hanging out with friends and playing music together.  He said that Trube is going to sink the boat with his stanky, nasty, funky guitar playing... 

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #12 
Somebody posted pictures of the show at the link below.

You can see JJ's new guitar and the people holding up the sign that I mentioned in my review...  Cool pics...

http://www.heyreverb.com/2011/08/15/jonny-lang-arvada-center/#name here

Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #13 

Very nice to see JJ playin a Les Paul.

Reply with quote  #14 

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #15 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 

SWEET JOB DT!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #17 

AWESOME DT!!

love  your video camera! 

one day Imma gonna have me a HD one, I will. 

You can see the frustration at times on JJ's face as his voice tapers against his will,

but he should know that we enjoy, and take to heart, and enjoy his songs everytime he sings them.  To bring it every time, from his heart is just simply put, amazing! 

Oh and thanks for the angle with AC pounding away as JJ jams towards the end, that is one of my all time fav scenes to be able to see. 

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #18 
JJ was having trouble with the altitude up there.  Thats what he is referring to when he said he almost passed out after playing the harp.  It's definitely hard to breathe up there.  Especially if you are use to sea level and then to be a mile high and try to play harp or sing, not the easiest thing...

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
JJ was having trouble with the altitude up there.  Thats what he is referring to when he said he almost passed out after playing the harp.  It's definitely hard to breathe up there.  Especially if you are use to sea level and then to be a mile high and try to play harp or sing, not the easiest thing...

I did not know the altitude would have such an effect, I was wondering about the harp taking his breath away.

fnkyFritzNplz

Reply with quote  #20 
 great video DT . that ampitheatre is almost a spitting image of one up here S.P.A.C. it is in a state park.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter