Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 6      1   2   3   4   Next   »
DABoccio

Reply with quote  #1 
JJGrey&MofroSetlist

It was great to get to see these guys again.  My wife and I had an absolutely fantastic time.  We were able to meet up with Fritz and also mark&jilly. At first the crowd was a little stiff and quiet.  Being a free show in a park, most of them brought chairs.  I did not.  I knew I would not want or need one.  An older woman came up to my friend and I as we were standing in front of the stage to the left-hand side and said that we were going to have to sit down because no one can see.  Needless to say, we didn't follow her advice.  I felt like telling her that everyone else needs to stand up.  After a few songs that was not necessary because JJ Grey & Mofro makes you stand up. 

I got to grab one of the fan site cards.  Very nice!

After the show, mark&jilly and my wife and I got to talk with JJ and the rest of the band and even went to have a few drinks and check out some more music at a local pub with Chris and the entire band, minus JJ,  This was a first for me and my wife and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk to the guys. 

This made my 10th show I've seen, which is not too shabby for a northerner, and I can't wait to go to the next one.

Here are some pictures I took.  They are only from a Droid X so quality isn't great.

Reply with quote  #2 
Sounds like a great time. Especially getting to meet all of them and getting them to sign your setlist.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #3 
Nice DABoccio, glad you had a great time and even got to hang out with the band afterwards?  JJ with the Otis Redding T-Shirt...  Very nice...  Can't wait to see these guys twice next week! 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

Damn DAB what a great night! What a treat. Thanks for posting the setlist--looks like you got the whole band to sign. The pics look good man. I particularly like the one where it looks like Farrell has a metal rod growing out his head.

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #5 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #6 
A partial video of On Fire.....

DABoccio

Reply with quote  #7 
Who took the video, giggles?

Clay, I didn't even realize that the picture looked like that until you mentioned it. That's funny as hell.

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #8 

I stumbled upon both videos on youtube and they were posted by temanuelli

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice pics DAB.  Sounds like a great experience.  Thanks for posting.
Looks like ALL the boys got haircuts.

Reply with quote  #10 
Loved this version of Brighter Days.  Can't believe there wasn't anyone
up front but I could swear that I could see a phantom image of Bad Habit
just to the right of center.  Thanks Giggz.

Reply with quote  #11 
I almost forgot to mention that the woman who told my friend and I to sit down was dancing by the end of the evening. 

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day
Loved this version of Brighter Days.  Can't believe there wasn't anyone
up front but I could swear that I could see a phantom image of Bad Habit
just to the right of center.  Thanks Giggz.

I was there in spirit  Soon...
mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #13 

Nice review,Dave. It was great meeting you and Terri. What a great hang at the pub after.

DABoccio

Reply with quote  #14 
It was great meeting you guys as well, mark&jilly.  We had a great time.  I think you took a picture or two in the pub.  If you have any of us we'd love to see them.

We may be heading out to Buffalo in a couple of weeks to see a couple of other friends.  We will let you know if it happens and maybe we can get together.

Reply with quote  #15 

Sorry pics aren't very good. Please look us up when you shuffle of to Buffalo. OK gotta go, we have an appointment with JJ GREY&MOFRO at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland,OH. Thrree gigs in four nights.......WE ARE NOT STALKERS....We love this music sooooo much. When you see the tech guy(Chris) singing the songs...well you just ....gotta know.

Attached Images
Name: norwich_jj_grey_august_5_2011_028.JPG, Views: 40, Size: 144.97 KB

Name: norwich_jj_grey_august_5_2011_010.JPG, Views: 37, Size: 1.18 MB

Name: norwich_jj_grey_august_5_2011_005.JPG, Views: 29, Size: 1.30 MB

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #16 
I have never quite understood people telling others to sit down at a concert.  If they don't want to get up and get their groove on, then move back and find another seat.

OK guys, time to mix the setlists up a bit....they are getting a little stale.  All the tunes they have and it seems like they don't even play half of them anymore.  Come on JJ, as good of musicians you have on the stage with you, I know they wouldn't have any problem playing any Mofro song that has been written!

Reply with quote  #17 
wow!! this looks like a great place to see the band!! though it's beyond exciting to have witnessed the bands growth and how the crowds/fans have rocketed in numbers over the last decade, i deeply long for those small, intimate, not crowded Fro shows.....ah the nostalgia)

Thank you for sharing!!
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkelley
I have never quite understood people telling others to sit down at a concert.  If they don't want to get up and get their groove on, then move back and find another seat.

Word Up!!

DABoccio

Reply with quote  #19 
She didn't even need to get another seat.  We were in a grass field.  She could have moved anywhere she wanted.  It all worked out once the music made her feet move.

Reply with quote  #20 

I posted those videos from the Norwich show...I have a couple more...does anyone else want to see them? I'll put them up today...That was the first time I've seen JJ and the boys live and was blown away...been a fan for a while...but seeing them in person in such an intimate setting was incredible...We walked right up to the stage and stood there....it was unreal...Can't wait to see them again...and again...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter