Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #1 
Just got home, what a killer show! My ears are ringing, my face hurts from smiling, my feet hurt from dancing... and I'm already wondering when I get to see the guys again!

Setlist:
Hide and Seek
Higher You Climb
Air
Six Ways
I've Been Loving You Too Long (if I can't have "A Woman," this Otis Redding number is one hell of a substitute!)
WYLF
GA Warhorse
War
Dirtfloorcracker
Country Ghetto
Fireflies
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Ho Cake
Lochloosa (Jesus Effing Christ on a cracker, they tore this one up!!!)
Sweetest Thing
Junior
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #2 

Hell of a first post   ,,,,we gots another un yall!!!! Welcome to the front porch.

Reply with quote  #3 

Aw, thanks! Been lurking for a bit, figured this was as good a time as any to jump on in. So hi there, everyone!

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #4 

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

Welcome Lemugrl!!!  Glad to have you!!  Love how you said your face hurt from smiling, I can surely relate!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

Howdy Lemurgrl and welcome to our Mofro Madness. I'd tell you how great all the peeples are but if you've been lurking then you already know! We're mighty glad to have you here.

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #7 

Nice additions to the setlist..  Six Ways, Air, Higher You Climb and WYLF making a comeback....

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #8 
I REALLY liked the setlist, except I would've loved to hear "A Woman," which is one of my faves. But like I said, the Otis was awesome too!

(Apparently I got spoiled by hearing "Stagger Lee" at my very first JJ show... would also have loved to hear that again, but I really can't complain at all!!!)

Thanks for all the welcomes!
TN_Cracka

Reply with quote  #9 

No Orange Blossoms on the setlist....that may be a first.

Reply with quote  #10 

Yeah, I was a little disappointed about not getting to get my hop on to "Orange Blossoms"... but only for a second. 

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #11 
Welcome to the Front Porch! Great setlist especially with my all time favorite encore-Junior.
little flower

Reply with quote  #12 

Wow, is all I can say about last night's show in Lexington! Had a kick ass time and definitely got my groove on.  The set list was amazing, and getting to hear Air, WYLF, and Fireflies was a real treat. Kinda regret not taping some, but I just couldn't be still enough for it! Got some pics, will try posting them later.  Still on that Mofro high, and feel so fortunate that I was turned on to this awesome music!!!

Reply with quote  #13 

I taped part of Lochloosa, until I realized that my camera battery was about to croak. Fail! Lesson learned: charge that bad boy and pack the spare battery next time. I'll see if I can figure out how to post tapes and pics here... in the meantime, I put my favorite photo up on their FB page if you're on that.

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #14 
I somehow always manage to get a billion blurry action shots and one perfect one... now, can someone please tell me if there's a way to re-size photos other than just editing the actual file? I'm kinda tech-illiterate.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 

I can relate lemurgrl. My mofro high usually lasts a week. I can also relate to taking a bunch of pics hoping a few come out with good focus and lighting...like the one above!! Very nice. AND I can relate to the batt failure! and not having my extra memory card. Happened to me last month at the Bamboo Room. I coulda taped at least 5 more songs if I had cleared a card that I thought was cleared!!  Arrrrgggg!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #16 

Love the photo lemugrl!!!!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 
As for re-sizing the photo...don't worry I used to be as tech illiterate as they come and that wasn't all that long ago!! Hell, I still am. And the fact you got the image from photobucket posted above says your being modest and ain't as tech ill as you think! U done great.

Allus here are always willing to help each other out; I've learned quite a few things from folks on here about all sorts of computer stuff!

I see you're using photobucket. I use flickr so I'm not familiar with the photobucket tools. Flickr has an edit feature that can be used to crop, adjust color and costrast, re-size, etc.  Since they're basically competitors, I'd be surprised if photobucket doesn't have something similar. On flickr they do a great job of burying the edit feature. There are so many damn things to click on it takes some diligence.

People use a variety of ways to post photos on here. I guess it's time for me to finally put directions on a thread and pin it to the top. Sorry everybody, I've been meaning to do that for a long time. Permission to pull my hat down all the way to my neck next time y'all see me.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #18 
Simplest way to post a photo...to the right of the "Post Message" button there is a "Go Advanced" button. Click on that (either after you type ur post or not...don't matter). At the bottom you'll see a link that says "Manage Attachments" and click on that. From there it's easy as sweet potato pie...browse your photos and upload.

That will create a thumbnail on your post and when someone clicks on it it expands to full size.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Sorry everybody, I've been meaning to do that for a long time. Permission to pull my hat down all the way to my neck next time y'all see me.

I thought that only worked in the cartoons!! 

Hahahaaaa!  ha!

lemurgrl

Reply with quote  #20 
Well, hot damn! How'd I miss that editing feature on PB? Thanks for the guidance.

Me and my companion for the evening... it was his first show, so it was fun watching him give in to the groove!

Editing liberties taken because the original photo didn't look so hot...

Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter