Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Readymade

Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone else going to the Alexander City JazzFest this Sat. At the Lake Martin Amphitheater? Hope to see ya there!!!
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readymade
Anyone else going to the Alexander City JazzFest this Sat. At the Lake Martin Amphitheater? Hope to see ya there!!!

I will be there!  I met you at Windjammer, right?  I will certainly look for you
Readymade

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes you did, I just finished setting up campsite in Wind Creek State Park, relaxing and can't wait for Sat. It should be a beautiful venue.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

You 2 are giving me a run for my money on most attented shows this year. Damn!

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

You 2 are giving me a run for my money on most attented shows this year. Damn!

Well, come on then!  It will be fun...  (of course, not nearly as much fun if you and TW aren't there, but we'll try)  
Readymade

Reply with quote  #6 
Agreed, Bring it don't Sing it!!!
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #7 
OK, just gotta let y'all know that JJ is wearing that same damn red checkered shirt!!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

LOL! Liz and giggles are gonna be all excited!!

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #9 
Pre-Mofro: Randall Bramblett, Yonrico Scott, Ted Pecchio (sp?), and Geoff Achison - all on stage together - DAMN!
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #10 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #11 
This is from my phone so a review will have to wait (sitting at the airport right now - ugh!)

Readymade - great to see you Hope you made it home OK!

Here's the setlist (I actually kept up with every song!)

Hide & Seek
A Woman
Brighter Days
Country Ghetto
Dirtfloorcracker
Beautiful World
War
Lochloosa
Georgia Warhorse
Everything Good is Bad
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Ho Cake

encore
Sweetest Thing
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #12 
Glad you had a good time!  Great setlist!  Just wanted to wish you a
wonderful pre-week birthday and a fabulous birthday weekend.  Sounds
like you are getting a good start on your Summer Mofro  and "Other
Music" Journey.  Have Fun and Be Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day
Glad you had a good time!  Great setlist!  Just wanted to wish you a
wonderful pre-week birthday and a fabulous birthday weekend.  Sounds
like you are getting a good start on your Summer Mofro  and "Other
Music" Journey.  Have Fun and Be Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!  Yes, I'm getting a good start - I am currently in Austin, Texas and will be seeing Ponderosa tomorrow night (I saw them open for Mofro in Atlanta for the filming of the DVD and have seen them a couple of times since) and will also see the Greyhounds at the Continental Club on Wednesday

Then I'm off to see Mofro again next Friday and Saturday.  I have to say... this traveling is getting to me a bit (not quite as resilient as I thought ) but the awesome music and great friends along the way are SO worth it!!!
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #14 
Lots of great things to say about this show.  It was outside at a beautiful venue (I wish I had taken pictures of the view!) and the weather was perfect.  This was a free show and one in which you are allowed to bring your own coolers  There ended up being a great turnout later in the evening with lots of new Mofro fans.

All the guys were hanging out before the show - and while the other bands played - everyone except Art.  Didn't see much of him and he seemed exceptionally quiet last night.  Hope everything is OK with him.  Actually, all the guys were a little quieter than normal last night.  Maybe they were tired?  Trube, Dennis, and Art all "did their thing" as always - they just didn't seem all that into it.  

JJ forgot his harmonica(s) so some guy let him borrow one that he had gotten from the Cracker Barrel.  He used it during Lochloosa and it sounded fine .

I took lots of pictures, but none of them turned out all that great.  They all start looking the same, and it doesn't help when JJ keeps wearing the same shirt They all had on their standard wardrobe - maybe one day they'll surprise me and come out in matching sequined thongs  

Sage and Simone were there - and even Sam.  Sage played with the granddaughter of some friends of mine, and all the kids seemed like they were having a good time.  All in all, it was a great show - as always!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #15 

awe, what a fine review!!!

Great setlist as well.  K

eep up the great reviews and safe travels!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 
Got some disappointing news for ya BH. I don't know why but their set was cut short. There were 2 songs left on the setlist...Sun is Shining Down, and On Fire. I just got this a.m. and looked. Ending with Sweetest Thing seemed kinda unusual, now I guess we know why.

Sounds like a great festival grounds! Nice to hear lots of people were there to see the guys. You know sometimes I wonder if it's not harder for the guys to gear up for 2 days after a week off and then having another week off an then 2 days and then off some more. Seems like the more they're on the road the more they cut loose. Or like you said, maybe their just tired! I can't imagine keeping up with their schedule. What am I talking about...I can't imagine keeping up with Bad Habit's schedule!!!

I can't believe JJ forgot his harmonicas! Didn't he do that sometime last year somewhere? A Cracker Barrel harp. You gotta love it.

Very cool Sage and Simone came along. And who is Sam?

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Got some disappointing news for ya BH. I don't know why but their set was cut short. There were 2 songs left on the setlist...Sun is Shining Down, and On Fire. I just got this a.m. and looked. Ending with Sweetest Thing seemed kinda unusual, now I guess we know why.

Sounds like a great festival grounds! Nice to hear lots of people were there to see the guys. You know sometimes I wonder if it's not harder for the guys to gear up for 2 days after a week off and then having another week off an then 2 days and then off some more. Seems like the more they're on the road the more they cut loose. Or like you said, maybe their just tired! I can't imagine keeping up with their schedule. What am I talking about...I can't imagine keeping up with Bad Habit's schedule!!!

I can't believe JJ forgot his harmonicas! Didn't he do that sometime last year somewhere? A Cracker Barrel harp. You gotta love it.

Very cool Sage and Simone came along. And who is Sam?

Yeah, I got the set list and saw that there was some stuff missing - wasn't too surprised as they don't always follow the list.  I even wondered if they did only one song for the encore because of crowd response or lack thereof.  I also wondered if they didn't do Sun because crowd wasn't always quiet at the right times.  Crowd wasn't terrible at all - just wondering.

Sam is his son.  Or least that's what I thought his name was.  I had been drinking just a little by then (read just a lot) so I could be mistaken.  Heck, for all I know it wasn't even his son
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #18 

Ah...you mean Romy. About 22-ish, 5'9-ish, muscles out to here, 28 inch waist and 38 inch chest. Dreads. Wearing a wife-beater? If so that's Romy (short for Romair, if I spelt it right.) Really, really, really nice guy. He's so totally into his little sister it's really cute. He dotes on her like you wouldn't believe.

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:

Ah...you mean Romy. About 22-ish, 5'9-ish, muscles out to here, 28 inch waist and 38 inch chest. Dreads. Wearing a wife-beater? If so that's Romy (short for Romair, if I spelt it right.) Really, really, really nice guy. He's so totally into his little sister it's really cute. He dotes on her like you wouldn't believe.

Hmm...  definitely no dreads.  I wondered if he had a daughter of his own or is dating someone who does.  There was another cute little youngin' running around playing with them.  Just being nosy.
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #20 

Alexander City 6/11/11
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter