Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Figgered I'd open a new thread. The other one's getting kinda long. I'll have pics and vids loaded up hopefully before I head off to Windjammer on Wed.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

Here's the first nite setlist as posted by Bad Habit on the roll call thread. Love the backdrop BH!

Attached Images
Name: Windjammer_5_20_11.jpg, Views: 73, Size: 2.74 MB

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #3 
I'll add a little myself later tonight. Been busy for me since I have gotten back.
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #4 

I've been swamped at work all day today, but all I can say is... WOW.  Friday night was great, but Saturday night, the setlist took my quite happily by surprise.  First of all, there was not a single repeated song between the two nights. 

I can't remember the order at all, but just a quick rundown of what I know was definitely played:

Fireflies
Air
Orange Blossoms
Wrongside
Blackwater
Jookhouse
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Florida
Ho Cake
Stagger Lee (I asked JJ about this on Friday after the show & he told me if I holla'd for it during Ho Cake that he'd play it, and sure as shit he did just that!  Made a hot mess outta me fo sho!)
Junior
Sweetest Thing
(i know Sun is Shining got cut from the original setlist)

Of course unless it's a 2+ show situation like this, they will definitely include the standards that everyone expects to hear.  But I think the filler songs will start to change up a bit to include more of the older songs that haven't been played in a while.

It was a great weekend, and the Greyhounds show at the Pour House was awesome.  Had some sit-ins with Art & Todd as well.

Only other thing was that the house was not packed like it has been in the past.  I was looking around at the crowd both nights and what I noticed was a definite lack of college crowd.  Too early in the year for them to make it I guess, as I know a lot of schools aren't out yet.  So while we all thoroughly enjoyed the weather being cooler than when we've been up there in the past, it seems the hotter the better as far as packin' em in at Windjammer!

Anyway, trying to catch up on my work so's I can do the Bamboo later this week!

Had a blast w/y'all!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

awesome that they played not a repeated song!! and Move it On!!  bean a long time coming.  so glad it was a wonderful weekend for y'all!!  and TW got Stagger Lee, how keeler is that for you!!  now I gotta go and check out the other thread regarding the WJ!  Happy Monday y'all!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #6 
You're goin' back to the Windjammer on Wed.?

Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Day

lol Brighter Day .... I was jest gonna let that one go

Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #8 
Just got home @ 7:00.

We did make it for the "late" sound check.  The guys never fail to come over 
and speak.  Met Todd for the first time.  The concert was great.  Loved, loved
the setlist.  AC was hid from our viewpoint behind his cymbal.  Trube tore up
GW.  Met Pete and Sonya from N.C. (about 20 min. from you Sunshine.  They
were at the Orange Peel)  Met Bad Habit.  What a sweetheart! And, what a fan!
Drove home both nights (3 hrs.)  We also met Rommy, Harmonicas20 and
Danny.  And of course, Clay and Jennifer were there.(I've got blackmail pictures
too, Clay so be careful).  Sang and danced the night away.

Saturday, JJ came out in a bold striped Bob Marley tank and his moccasins. 
Yet, another amazing set.  There were a lot of individual features - the guys were
all over the place.  Trube broke a string.  JJ played the keys - a first for us.  I
finally got pictures of Anthony smiling - another first.  AC tore up the drums.
We've got to get Todd to come out from behind the amp for his features.  And,
Dennis and Art really entertained.  Stagger Lee (oh my) replaced The Sun Is
Shining Down.  How many times do you suppose JJ had to sing that song before he learned all the words?

JJ, MOFRO, "Good" Friends, "Good" Music, "Good" Fun, "Good" Spirits,
"Good" Dancing, 2 Setlists, a Pic, a Drumstick (my 4th - gave it to Erica)
IT WAS ALL "GOOD"!!!!!!

Just don't get no better than that - except maybe the She Crab Soup, Crab Cakes,
Shrimp n' Grits and Fried Green Maters.

Missed you Ute, Liz and Dave.  See you at the Bamboo Room.         donna

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Just got home @ 7:00.

We did make it for the "late" sound check.  The guys never fail to come over 
and speak.  Met Todd for the first time.  The concert was great.  Loved, loved
the setlist.  AC was hid from our viewpoint behind his cymbal.  Trube tore up
GW.  Met Pete and Sonya from N.C. (about 20 min. from you Sunshine.  They
were at the Orange Peel)  Met Bad Habit.  What a sweetheart! And, what a fan!
Drove home both nights (3 hrs.)  We also met Rommy, Harmonicas20 and
Danny.  And of course, Clay and Jennifer were there.(I've got blackmail pictures
too, Clay so be careful).  Sang and danced the night away.

Saturday, JJ came out in a bold striped Bob Marley tank and his moccasins. 
Yet, another amazing set.  There were a lot of individual features - the guys were
all over the place.  Trube broke a string.  JJ played the keys - a first for us.  I
finally got pictures of Anthony smiling - another first.  AC tore up the drums.
We've got to get Todd to come out from behind the amp for his features.  And,
Dennis and Art really entertained.  Stagger Lee (oh my) replaced The Sun Is
Shining Down.  How many times do you suppose JJ had to sing that song before he learned all the words?

JJ, MOFRO, "Good" Friends, "Good" Music, "Good" Fun, "Good" Spirits,
"Good" Dancing, 2 Setlists, a Pic, a Drumstick (my 4th - gave it to Erica)
IT WAS ALL "GOOD"!!!!!!

Just don't get no better than that - except maybe the She Crab Soup, Crab Cakes,
Shrimp n' Grits and Fried Green Maters.

Missed you Ute, Liz and Dave.  See you at the Bamboo Room.         donna

AWESOME review Brighter Day!! I was looking forward to yours!!! 

now where is the pic of JJ in a bold striped Bob Marley tank!?

!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Chief smart ass just got out smart-assed. Touche y'all.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #11 

Apparently, I had quite the "Mofro glow" going on today as there were three people who mentioned it and/or asked me what exactly I did this weekend to put such a big smile on my face - if they only knew!  I definitely feel as though I've been "rode hard and put up wet", but it was worth every ache and pain (and a few unexplained bruises)

Quote:
MofroFan1:  Here's the first nite setlist as posted by Bad Habit on the roll call thread. Love the backdrop BH!
 Ha! Ha!  Thanks - the backdrop is actually my pillow that I had with me in my car, which certainly came in handy!

What a fun weekend!!!  I had a rough day Friday and almost chose not to go but am so glad I did.  Saturday was even better!  I loved seeing The Greyhounds at The Pour House (I will be seeing them again June 15th in Austin, TX!!) and the Windjammer that night was superb 

This was my first Stagger Lee -   Hot Damn!  Please tell me somebody got that on video!!!  And a special Thank You to Brighter Day for passing on the drumstick

Quote:
Brighter Day:  Saturday, JJ came out in a bold striped Bob Marley tank and his moccasins.
 For some reason (ladies, don't shoot me), and I don't know why, but I didn't like his tank - at all.  It did eventually grow on me though  Sunshine, I attached a picture for you - enjoy!

I gotta keep this short and try to get ready for the Bamboo Room run.  It's going to be another rough one (schedule-wise), but I know it will be SO worth it!

I can still only figure out how to download five photos at a time, so here they are:

Attached Images
Name: Greyhounds_@_Pour_House.JPG, Views: 45, Size: 2.08 MB

Name: Windjammer_5:21:11.jpg, Views: 46, Size: 2.30 MB

Name: WJ_5:20:11.JPG, Views: 47, Size: 2.86 MB

Name: WJ_05:20:11.JPG, Views: 44, Size: 2.84 MB

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #12 

I AM SPEECHLESS!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #13 
Well, there you go!  Thanks giggles  Why is my picture of JJ so small and yours so, well... so big (no actual response necessary here )
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #14 
What a great weekend! Met some fantastic people, listened to 2 nights of absolutely great music, and some time on the beach. I guess for starters I got to meet many people on here. Mofrofan1, TrophyWife, Bad Habit, Brighter Days, Cool Breeze, and also Pete and Sonya. All very cool people. Sorry if I left anyone out. And I can't go any further without saying a very big THANK YOU to Brighter Days for getting me a setlist Saturday night. Wish I could make more shows with all of you. The energy level both nights was amazing as usual. Like TrophyWife, I did notice the crowd was a little down but they were all into it. The stories were right on to all of his songs. He keeps adding different twists to them. It's like you are hearing them for the first time. Slow Hot and Sweaty comes to mind.

Me and my friend Danny got to talk to JJ after the show. Got to ask him a burning question I have had for a while about the harmonica. And got my hat signed. I'll post some pics of it sometime later. The setlists did surprise some too. He kind of got away from concentrating all on songs from Georgia Warhorse. A very good mix both nights with my favorite was Saturday night. He opened with WYLF. Wish I had my setlist with me then I could tell you the exact order. He did do Stagger Lee on TrophyWife's request . He moved Sweetest Thing to the encore and finished with Junior which is my all time favorite finishing song. Did anyone get pics of JJ's shoes from Sat. night?  The whole band was on fire. AC grinning from ear to ear to Art getting down and dirty. Of course Todd smiles the whole time and Dennis was amazing with his trumpet. Trube killed it on Georgia Warhorse Friday night. And I too finally saw Anthony smile-alot.

He also did Hide and Seek. No repeats at all. I keep thinking he did at least one more but can't think of it right now. I'll post more later if I think of it. Oh my friend Danny finally got signed up on here. He is WhatARod on here. Say Hi if you see him. Hopefully he will post instead of just lurk. 
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Quote:

lol Brighter Day .... I was jest gonna let that one go

Was going to let it go too myself.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 
Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20
Did anyone get pics of JJ's shoes from Sat. night? 

I did, but this "manage attachments" thing refuses to cooperate with me!!!  I'll try again later - sorry!
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20
Did anyone get pics of JJ's shoes from Sat. night? 

I did, but this "manage attachments" thing refuses to cooperate with me!!!  I'll try again later - sorry!

I have the same problem too at times.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #19 

B.D. upload your pictures to photobucket or flickr, create a slide show than post the embeded link here using the <> feature on the tool bar in the message window. Or once you've uploaded your pictures to a web based picture hosting site, you can simply copy and paste to this site. That way you don't have to upload thumbnail pictures directly from your computer. Plus the pictures are bigger that way!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

B.D. upload your pictures to photobucket or flickr, create a slide show than post the embeded link here using the <> feature on the tool bar in the message window. Or once you've uploaded your pictures to a web based picture hosting site, you can simply copy and paste to this site. That way you don't have to upload thumbnail pictures directly from your computer. Plus the pictures are bigger that way!

OK, I may try it sometime - thanks!  It's just so convenient to plug in my camera and have my pictures directly upload to iPhoto then click on the little facebook button.  I'll play with it later
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter