Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Mom is at the Recher and texting the setlist to me as it happens.

Georgia Warhorse
Beautiful World
War
WYLF (guitar playoff right now!)
A Woman
Hide & Seek (very good story)
Country Ghetto (smokin hot)
Lochloosa (JJ smokin on guitar)
DFC
Brighter Days
Slow Hot & Sweaty (storytelling, granny's got his back )
Ho Cake (JJ's jumping in on keys w/Anthony)
Orange Blossoms
Sweetest Thing
------------------
E1 Fireflies
E2 On Fire

Them items in (  ) are mom's comments as she went along. I think I got 'em in the right places.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

And another great show! she said.

Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #3 

Sooo excited right now, happy to see MOM is a havin a good time. Thanks for the chocolates, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Reply with quote  #4 
Change story from H&S to a Woman and you got it right. Some where towards the end of set, he did a little James Brown impression.  Definitely a great show.  Hard charging show...JJ running in circles at time..some type of Mofro boogaloo.  Hopefully, the taper sends you the show.  He also said he can't play slow hot and sexy or on fire at St Augustine this week because the family will be there!

Long ride home as both interstates we take were having overpasses installed, nothing like sitting for a half hour while the road is closed.
bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #5 

Great show. Wish I were back in NE Fla so I could go to St Aug on Saturday . . .

Attached Images
Name: JJ2.jpg, Views: 27, Size: 50.52 KB

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #6 
My stomach is still kicking my ass and to add insult to injury my accountant just informed that I owe Uncle Sam money.....the giggz is not happy but I am really glad everyone had such a good time! !

Got Mofro, were the chocolates by any chance dark chocolate dipped Peeps?  MLM is the best for thinking of others and bringing chocolates!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 

awesome setlist! FIREFLIES!! YOU LUCKY FOLKS!! 

Yeah!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #8 

Dark chocolates and milk chocolates 

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Mofro

Dark chocolates and milk chocolates 

Mmmmm! My favorite. I am petitioning the Surgeon General to add Peeps to the Food Pyramid!

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #10 
Hey giggles - sorry about the tax news that sucks - you are now officially due for some good vibes.  The Chocolates got mofro is referring to are the wilbur buds I sent for them rescueing my favorite sweatshirt from Skippers weekend : ).  I don't think choc covered peeps would hold up to well being shipped, otherwise I would give it a shot.  Next time I see you I will bring another goody for you.  You have to let me know what other items you enjoy dipped in chocolate ( not J J ).  I do hope things turn around for you.

Onto last night, as I told MF1 it was another great show.  There are not too many performers/bands that can consistently put on a good show, these guys do it!!!  To clarify what RFR said earlier - I think what J J was saying  about On Fire & Slow, Hot & Sweaty was that he can't tell his regular stories about them in St. Augustine because his Mom and Dad will be there and he would be in big trouble if he tells those stories : )!!
I'll type some more tomorrow about the show, I'm feeling a little tired right now.  Gettin a little old to be gettin by on 4 hours sleep and getting up and going to work : (.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
You have to let me know what other items you enjoy dipped in chocolate ( not J J ).

Then she'll pass.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #12 
Sorry, I lost consciousness after reading the words "JJ" and "dipped in chocolate" in one sentence......all my blood flowed south!

Believe it or not, I never comtemplated a chocolate covered JJ (it gives new meaning to the term "man candy"), now I find that I just can't the idea out of my head......just kidding

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
just kidding

Yeah...right.
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #14 
I won't make this too long, Ha Ha Ha.  The show was really good, the guys seemed really into it, J J was dancing and twirling all night.  It was fun to watch.  Everytime he talks about going home and seeing his little girl the thought always crosses my mind that he may throw in the towel someday to spend more time with her.  That would be really sad for all of us, because he really does put on a great show!!

The venue was a pretty good one as far as sightlines to the stage and the sound (of course Chris gets a lot of credit for that), but the acoustics were good.  It wasn't extremely crowded, so I might have a different opinion if I were there on a Friday or Saturday night.  Of course as always Chris was very cordial to RFR and I.

There was a taper in the house!  When we first approached him about sharing the show he didn't seem to anxious to have to put the time into it, I don't know ANYTHING about how all of that works so I can't say that I blame him.  After the first band RFR did approach him again and gave him one of the fansite business cards so we will see what happens.  He and his wife were nice people and we chatted for a while with them.  From what I could gather he's been a taper for quite some time (going back to the dead days).  Maybe we will luck out and he'll share the show!!

As of right now it looks like we won't get to see the band again until Sept., unless something pops up around here before that : (.  So the show the other night will have to hold us for a while.

There were only two bad parts to the night, one that giggles couldn't make it, we were really looking forward to hanging with her and the other being that we had to sit in traffic on the way home : (.  Too bad we didn't get to meet bobbyw24, hopefully another time!  It sounds like he enjoyed the show as much as we did.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter