Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #1 
What an unforgettable night.  Started off at Brothers with dinner and a couple preshow beers.  Walked down the street to get a coffee at Roots (a vegetarian restaurant) and spotted JJ at the counter.  We talked to him for about 15 minutes and I told him that everytime he comes to Indiana it gets cold.  It was 71 the day before.....33 degrees the day of the show!  He was even nice enough to say hi to a friend of ours who was at the Evanston show and they talked about all the drunken, suburban housewives that were up dancing.  Didn't think I was gonna get my phone back!  Thanked him for his time and we left and got in line to get into the show.

Great, great show.  Shannon McNally was very impressive as an opener and took it in stride that some extremely drunken jackass was sitting at the front of the stage screaming and yelling at her the whole show, raising his shirt and rubbing his nipples for whatever reason.  He kept yelling "DAVE ISN'T HERE!"  Weirdo.

JJ did the majority of the set he's been doing this solo tour, but we got thrown a couple of bones in Dirtfloor Cracka and On Palastine.

After the show we got "backstage", which at the Bluebird is a single 10'x12' room.  But JJ took photos with us and signed the only 2 CDs of his that I didn't have signed yet, and then he saw we got the setlist and swiped it away and signed it too!  He cut out Ho Cake as the closer, but man I didn't care.

And as for the drunken guy yelling....he continued into JJ's show.  So my gf went and told the security guys at the door, they came and watched his behavior, and yanked his ass outta there and kicked him out.  SO THANKFUL they did this.  Everyone had a much better time not having to compete to hear with this asshat.

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the review Indy! Sounds like not only did you get a great show, but some awesome keepsakes!

On Palastine!?!?!?!?!?! Wow! To my knowlwedge, he hasn't broken that little gem out in quite a bit of time! Lucky Ducks!
And Dirtfloorcracka acoustic is quite a treat! It was worth it going to the show for just those 2 songs alone!!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

YOU got to hear/see On Palestine?!?!!  you are one lucky fella!!  I know alot of folks have been wanting that one on a setlist for a while.  Awesome story and great pics of you and your gal!! 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #4 
He said he hadn't played On Palastine in quite some time.  I was salivating because I had just listened to it earlier in the day on Country Ghetto and said that I'd love to hear him play it last night.

The story that goes with Slow, Hot, and Sweaty is a gem too.  I heard it in St. Louis back in February, but it gets better each time.  Funny thing was, the story was longer than the actually playing of the song. 
Brighter Day

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow, Indy - a hand written setlist!  What a treasure!  Sounded like a great time!
JJ is so accommodating to his fans.  That's why we love him so much.  Not to
mention his music.  Always love to see pictures, too.  Thanks.

Reply with quote  #6 

Headed to catch the next show in Louisville here in a little over an hour.  Gonna eat at a restaurant called Baxter Station, near Headliners.

questionablesanity(hhfan)

Reply with quote  #7 
http://aaronlingenfelter.smugmug.com/Music/JJ-Grey/16341031_P7huD#1228392255_GCxKK

Here's my photos from the show. Enjoy. Clay, if you want to snag any for the site, let me know and I'll send them your way. You can always DL from my FB page.

Reply with quote  #8 
the crowd was super loud during the sun is shining down. completely disrepectful. I remember that guy that they kicked out. One thing about the Bluebird is that they don't tolerate idiots like that.
modifab

Reply with quote  #9 
Hot damn Indy!! That WAS a great day indeed! Thank ya for sharin man and definately have a safe trip today to Louisville.

I just love gettin on the road to see these shows like that!

Love On Palestine live! Soooper coool!

Reply with quote  #10 
On Palestine! Wow! All of you are so lucky that got to see him do that! Great setlist all around too. 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
That sounds like a helluva time Indy! That's way cool you bumped into JJ like that. And that he talked to your friend on the phone!! Also way cool you got to hear On Palestine (maybe JJ's been reading the board...there was a thread recently about the meaning). I think all the setlists on his solo tour are handwritten so if you can snag it you've got a real treasure indeed. Damn, AND you got backstage too! Nice night man.

DAVE ISN'T HERE!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 

Holy shit Aaron! Absolutely fantastic shots!!

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. 

Reply with quote  #14 

thanks clay.

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #15 

Aaron, is it ok for me to use a couple of pictures to frame with my autographed setlist?  I'm not savvy if you take these to sell or what, but I figured I should ask first.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter