Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Danny, aka MOFROTM, aka Mofro's former tour manager is texting me the list song by song from the City Winery.

Hide n Seek
Brighter Days (with butterfly ending verse)
Beautiful World
A Woman
Orange Blossoms
Circles
Higher You Climb
-------------------
Adam Scone sits in on grand piano
Lochloosa
Mississippi
-------------------
Tupelo Honey
Ho Cake
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Sweetest Thing
ENCORE
Gotta Know (w/ Otis Redding tribute)
Junior
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

He texted me that JJ's got a stomp box with him. WTF is a stomp box?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
Okay I looked it up. It just like what you'd think:

"A stomp box or stompbox is a simple percussion instrument consisting of a small wooden box placed under the foot, which is tapped or stamped on rhythmically to produce a sound similar to that of a bass drum."
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

Giggles is texting me 2! It's a 3 way.

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #5 
hot damn Clay...and it aint even friday night

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

well it is for you. every night's friday night for you

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 
Giggles and Danny keep running neck and neck. I'll get a text from one and 30 seconds later get one from the other. Then next song it's the other way around. She knows he's texting me but he don't know she is.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

Awwww...when danny texted me Sweetest Thing he just said 'my anniversary song!'

For those who don't know, Danny surprised his future wife Andrea at Blackwater Festival last Aug. The band took pulled back in the middle of sweetest thing and JJ had danny come out and introduced him. Then Danny had Andrea come out and he got down on one knee and proposed. (She said hell no.) I don't know that I could do that in front of thousands of people. I'd be quaking.
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #9 

Great show and venue...Clay you had the set list before the show ended..Scone added some nice soul to Lochloosa and Ms.  Giggles was gigging to Jr!  Shannon McNally was good, too bad Chris wasn't on the sound board for her.  Sound was 100% better for JJ.  Fritz and Lilly made the show as well. I think we got a story on every song. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 

Yeah Danny said JJ was telling stories and all. I texted back it sounded like JJ was having fun and Danny texted back he was having a blast. Danny said the show was excellent! Said JJ's voice was as stong and good as ever has been.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #11 

Morning!  Giggles was texting me too, but it was a school night so I could not stay up for awl of the songs    And when I woke this morning I checked my phone and my Giggles called me for Lochloosa and luckily she let my voice mail get filled up with that song, thank you!!!  Great way to begin my Friday!!

I was sooo envious to see that Adam played again with JJ, what a super talented key player.  I wonder if a taper was in the house?  Oh, and Giggles did say that she got video of The Butterfly verse at the end of Brighter Days, can't wait to see that!!!!!

I look forward to fritzi, MusiclovinMom, Giggles's reviews and snippets of memories from last night!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #12 

No tapers..some photos...

Attached Images
Name: DSC_2378_(640x426).jpg, Views: 53, Size: 96.00 KB

Name: DSC_2379_(426x640).jpg, Views: 52, Size: 90.69 KB

Name: DSC_2395_(640x426).jpg, Views: 52, Size: 96.85 KB

Name: DSC_2401_(426x640).jpg, Views: 54, Size: 76.91 KB

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #13 

YEA for redfisherroy!!!!!!!   

What a great photo of (a clean shaven) JJ and MLM and MLM and Giggles and thank you for a photo of JJ playing with Adam RFR!!  Adam was on board when I first started out with Mofro and it brings me back, thank you.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #14 
Real quick before I run off to work (I'm late!) I wanted to post this video that I shot! It's a bit shaky but it was the best I could do with my bubbling excitement! More to follow when I get home from work!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

modifab

Reply with quote  #15 
Whatta nice treat to have Adam in the mix in NYC!! JJ's groovin to the keys a lil...

Thx for puttin that up this mornin Giggles.  For the most part I've been refraining from watching the videos from the West Coast run (but I will...and thank you DT for putting them up!) cuz I'm wantin to reel in the solo vibe live over in Illinois next week. This was one I simply could not stop myself from playing...

I shoulda went to that show last night. Damnit this workin for a livin shit sucks!

Honorary Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #16 
What an awesome show. As TM I was the one who would travel w/ JJ to all his solo in-studios at radio stations and all of his in-store appearances while we were on tour.. So I was familiar w/ JJ Solo. However, this is a whole new ball of wax. JJ has now truly come full circle. He doesn't need a band, he doesn't need horns, he doesn't need an electric guitar, he doesn't need to catch his breath or anything. His voice was fuller and stronger then I have EVER heard it and supposedly it wasn't even his best night.. He always was but now he is truly a One of a kind artist. The story telling, the flow, the songs themselves. He had everyone's attention the entire time even w/ a lot of story telling and banter. It flowed, it wasn't awkward, it was perfect.  I was like a proud papa walking out of there last night and was really happy for JJ. Sky is truly the limit and I know at 40+ years old what he does day in and day out and being away from home and leaving that adorable thing at home, is no easy thing..
In talking w/ JJ before and after you could sense that things were truly where they needed to be and w/ a growing European following and US following that the road ahead will be AOK and BUSY! Good to see Arlene AKA Giggles last night.

Oh, we bought 2 bottles of the wine!! Chris brought us a bottle while there. Delicious, although my head hurts today...

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 
Wow roy...great stuff. So JJ's all clean shaven huh? Hey when y'all saw the piano out there did anyone have any idea it would be used or was it just like kinda sitting there like it usually does or something?

I love your shirt gigs...it says the word FUN right on top of your left breast. Nuff said.

And lookey Sunny! It's 10 a.m. and I'm up!!  I didn't get to bed til about 2 cause that damn giggles was still texting me.

The setlist shot is sweet.
MOFROTM

Honorary Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #18 
They knew Scone was coming and I knew he would be sitting in as Chris told Scone  before the show "JJ is going to put you on the spot, we got the grand all ready to go, so be ready freddy"
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #19 
The setlist says he was gonna play Hurricane!!!! but played Gotta Know instead.  Man... Hurricane would have been so sweet.  Sounds like a great show and a great time was had by all.  Jealous
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #20 

Thank you much for your insights and comments Danny. We're all uber fans--and I know you are too--but your insights into JJ past and prospects for JJ's future carry much more weight and credibility than any of us could ever say. It's nice to hear someone who truly knows JJ and worked with him for years come on here and say what we all think but with nothing to back it up but our love for JJ, our support, and our dreams for him.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter