Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
To start, here is the setlist from the show, I will post a bunch of pictures and video, along with a review of the 'Filet Mignon Show', when I get a chance. 

Hide & Seek
Brighter Days
Beautiful World
A Woman
Orange Blossoms
Circles
***Higher You Climb*** 
Lochloosa
***Georgia Warhorse***
***Tupelo Honey***
Ho Cake
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Sweetest Thing
***On Fire***

Encore:
Junior

***Songs cut from the Set List due to time restrictions and the fact that JJ had to catch a plane right after the show to get back home and see his little girl***

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks DT. Can't wait to see ur vids and pics. I heard rumor you video'd Junior. Acoustic Junior...I can't wait!

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Thanks DT. Can't wait to see ur vids and pics. I heard rumor you video'd Junior. Acoustic Junior...I can't wait!

Update to the rumor - I have 2 videos of Junior...  Acoustic...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #4 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 
Love it. The screen behind him had to be a nice touch for those far back. The pics of him with the screen behind are cool. Does he stand at all or sit the whole time?

TWO JUNIORS? Oh man how awesome is that.
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #6 
Clay- he sat the whole time.

Great photos DT.

The Venue- beautiful intimate venue, great high stage, nice seating. ..and.because of the seating and the stage height a pretty perfect view from every seat, and the whole place had colored lights which created this awesome blue glow inside. The vibe of the place was a little too upscale & uptight for me. “Dinner theater”.is a great concept..if theres good food…but I didn’t like the chef inspired menu….lots of things with fennel…what the hell is fennel and seriously….why? I survived by eating the hard as rock bread and a cheese plate I ordered that came with 3 fricken wedges of cheese…I kid you not! Thank god for the wine..Joe and I polished off 2 bottles of it before Sunny War even came on swearing we were going to Dennys after the show…I guess we’re not “fine dining” peeps.

As uptight as the venue & food was once JJ came on…it was super relaxed. He made sure of that. He let it be known how he envisioned the evening. Numerous times he told us “don’t hold back, holler out if ya want” and that he wanted it to be like we were all sitting on a porch.

What a great, funny storyteller he is. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much during his stories and the music was absolutely beautiful acoustically.

The set was way to short. I would have loved to see the songs that were cut but I understood he wanted to get back home to his baby girl. I could have sat and listened to him talk for hours. We thoroughly enjoy the time JJ was onstage. Great, personal way to see someone that is such a great artist. And ladies (and you men out there with a boy crush on JJ) he looked adorable.

Had a fabulous time with DT & Gloria. Two great people. We sat near each other during the show but not really close enough for conversation...so DT and I texted funnies throughout the night. We got hang out time after the show with them though and we had a great time running around downtown San Diego. (my feet still hurt!)

Sunshine…I didn’t see Rob until after the show and he came up and said hi. He said he thoroughly enjoyed it also.

All in all a great memorable night and we felt lucky to be able to see JJ is such a personal intimate way.

p.s- ..."Drinking doesn't cause hangovers....waking up does"

Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #7 

Awesome review. Thanks DOE. 2 bottles before the opener, thats the way to do it

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #8 
there is a video of the Santa Cruz Junior up on you tube.  its pretty damn good.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #9 

Great photos DT and thanks for your review d.o.e.!!! Thank you both for taking the time to post and reivew!!

can't wait for the videos!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:

Look at this. She just now thanks you for the pics and is already bitching at you to put up the videos. Sheesh!! That girl is never happy.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 

Super review doe, almost like I was there. Between it and DT's nice pics I've got a great visual. Thank y'all very much.

Now...hurry the hell up and post the goddam videos.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:

Quote:

Look at this. She just now thanks you for the pics and is already bitching at you to put up the videos. Sheesh!! That girl is never happy.

I just now thanked him cuz I JUST NOW lurked at them!! 

and I was just simply a stated that I can't wait for the videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

uh huh

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #14 

Clay=

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
there is a video of the Santa Cruz Junior up on you tube.  its pretty damn good.

Can you put the link up on here? Can't seem to find it.
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #16 

HJGHHPO - Santa Cruz

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 
jesus h. christ on a potato chip that's awesome!

Love the lyric flub in the beginning. He just laughed it off, cool.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
jesus h. christ on a potato chip that's awesome!

Love the lyric flub in the beginning. He just laughed it off, cool.

Yes, yes it is...  wait until I get the video from SD and LA up for this...  I should hopefully have them up tonight and JJ does a little bit different version as he beat boxes off his guitar to get a drum effect on the backing loop.  Plus, with my seats, I got quite the view for both videos.  Only problem is the SD one, I had to film from my knee due to security watching out for people taping and being all high and mighty, they had servers running around in front of us closing out everyone's $200 tabs, but it still turned out great... 

Once I get off work, I'll get them up for ya'll...  Plus some other goodies...

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #19 

This is someone else's video from the LA show of Junior...  I'll have mine up later on today...

Note:  The plug for Daryl as someone yelled out his name.  JJ does a great job of plugging his new record and making sure we all check him out.  If you hear someone yell out "Hallowed Ground", that would be me!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #20 

wow!!  acoustic Junior, amazing energy there folks!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter