Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 9     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #121 
Goodness...where to start? First, thanks hollis for the summary of the evening. Between that and your blog I feel like I was there. Okay not really, but close. You have a great way with words. I'm with DT tho...you cant remember if he did Everybody's? That IS too much rye. Too bad about Whitehouse and Santa not making the cut but I know what you mean. Right place wrong time.

Tox that's great stuff about your co-workers, and your dad. Din't know he was a musician. Sounds like a cool old guy.

z, your comment warms my heart
Quote:
The more people I meet from here the happier I am to have found this place!

lazyep that's so great you got in. Persistence paid off! Too funny you and giggles walked in together and didn't know it. The pick and harmonica on your table...that's great!

I know we havn't heard from bad habit yet today but just wanted to thank her in my absence for bringing a little goodie bag for everyone. How sweet. U DID save one for ME right???????
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #122 
and on a completely different note I just noticed DT has a new avatar/pic. very nice.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #123 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyep
As I usually am after seeing JJ I am still on high, but last night was particularly fantastic! After frantically searching this board for tickets, driving to Lake Worth, chatting up the security guard who said there was no way I was getting in without a ticket, I headed to a near-by bar. 3 times I thought I had found a possible ticket only to be told that it had just been sold. Finally I made my way back to Bamboo Room and posted up outside in hopes a ticket could be found. I got a good portion of Tim the security guard's life story and suddenly there was someone who had and extra ticket!! 

Ended up walking in with Arlene but since I'm new to this whole thing I had no idea who anyone was. Within a few minutes I was introduced to the crew and  was thrilled to meet such neat, appreciative people. I truly felt embraced by those of you that were there. It was a pleasure! A shot of rye whiskey later, there was no better way to start the night!

JJ was fantastic as always and it was such a treat to be dancing just feet away. It was great to have the opportunity to chat with him after the show and drinks on the porch later in the night was a perfect end to a wonderful night

It all felt like such a dream. 

But when I woke up this morning I found his pick and harmonica that he gave me sitting on the table and I knew that it was in fact a dream come true. 

you got his harmonica!! that is amazing!!! Erin!!! wow, I just got goosebumps!!  I have always dreamed that I would walk away with a pick, harmonica, or better yet, that tamborine with the old school Mofro sticker on the inside!  I am so happy for you that you got a ticket, wow, it was meant to be that you got in.  I gotta ask, did JJ hand you the harmonica directly or did he toss it and you caught it?  just cuz at one of the shows I was at, JJ tossed out his harmonica and iffin I was 2 feet taller like TN Cracka standing next to me, I may, just may have caught it, lol!!

and I would have to agree as well, that whenever I meet someone from our board it is a wonderful experience and I have made many friends for life and love everyone that I meet here. 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #124 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
and on a completely different note I just noticed DT has a new avatar/pic. very nice.

what wonderful things were in that goodie bag that I keep hearing bout??!! and some brownies too!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #125 

Quote:
and I have made many friends for life and love almost everyone that I meet here.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #126 

YO YO YO YALL WAS THERE A TAPER IN DA HOUSE?

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:

YO YO YO YALL WAS THERE A TAPER IN DA HOUSE?

ES was gonna try but when I asked him if it went down, he replied "Nare bit - details to follow"

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #128 

Quote:

Quote:
and I have made many friends for life and love almost everyone that I meet here.

ya gotta take a heart felt moment and tweak it doncha!?! 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #129 
LMAO!

Well...u know me, I just cain't hep myself
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #130 
Local newsite has pics from the show. Check out the one on the link below. I see giggles, I see morena, I see gracyjj, I see Pilchards, I see about half of my trophy wife's head, I see kellyko, I see part of Liz's head. It's like a puzzle!!

http://photos.pbpulse.com/mycapture/enlargePopup.asp?image=34215533&event=1175059&CategoryID=48431&pSlideshow=1&picnum=28&move=F#Image
lazyep

Reply with quote  #131 
Sunshine - He handed it to me at the end of the show and said "Thank's for rockin it". 

If it's any help, I don't remember him playing Everybody's. 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #132 
Quote:
Sunshine - He handed it to me at the end of the show and said "Thank's for rockin it". 

That's fucking cool
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyep

If it's any help, I don't remember him playing Everybody's. 

wow!! that is one hellava keepsake!! 

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #134 

Quote:
Local newsite has pics from the show. Check out the one on the link below. I see giggles, I see morena, I see gracyjj, I see Pilchards, I see about half of my trophy wife's head, I see kellyko, I see part of Liz's head. It's like a puzzle!!

http://photos.pbpulse.com/mycapture/enlargePopup.asp?image=34215533&event=1175059&CategoryID=48431&pSlideshow=1&picnum=28&move=F#Image

hahah!! that is AWESOME!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #135 
Here's another vid. This one Hide n Seek

modifab

Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:

Anybody seen my wife?

Fuckinnnggg.... HILARIOUS!

Reply with quote  #137 
Wow! Great stories! Too much to respond, but I will say I agree with everything Clay said! :-) And by the way z, your photos' grainy quality adds a special little effect, I think! 
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #138 

WOW is right - sounds like everyone had a great time.  I love the photos.  Now I am even more excited about City Winery.  Can't wait to hear about the Pilchards party.

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #139 
one guy was tapin with a handheld
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #140 
Another article about the Bamboo Room...

http://www.pbpulse.com/music/concert-reviews/live-shows/2011/02/19/the-bamboo-room-is-back-feels-like-home/

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter