Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

heading to Greenville in a couple and will check back with you.  Gots to be to work by 7:30 am so I will be sure to post a little sumptin!!

I swears I got butterflies, er fireflies in my tummy in anticipation!!

as Liz says:

(and you can hear her at the end of Gotta Know at the

saturday Skippers show !!!)

MMMOOOOOOOOO FFRROOOOOOOOOO

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #2 

go get 'em guuurl!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #3 

Here is a short recap cuz I am at work, and well, they expect me to work, lol!! From the King Hummingbird opener to the bow at the very end, that show NEVER stopped, the energy was just incredible!!  I will have to say, that last night is in the top 3 performances I have seen, maybe the top two!!  my hands are sore and I did bruise a finger from so much clapping much.  Hung out with AC for a while and he told us all about his "Mr. Meanie", a van gough finger puppet he puts on this microphone or cymbals.  Ran into Harp...20, briggz, and the other Karla and her husband and Lochloosa and his wife. 

The opening band was awesome!  and I actually bought one of their cds, which is an unheard of act coming from me, so I think that says something.  AC loved em and was moshing behind us for their whole set.  Will post more later. Oh, and I got video of all of King Hummingbird, Lochloosa (14 min version I think), Wrongside, and Art and Dennis battling it out. Dennis came up to the camera twice and put his trumpet literally on the camera!!  but it was my friends camera and will post as soon as I bug them enough to get it to me.  I am still on my concert high and with just 3 hrs sleep it is gonna be an ASWSOME day!! 

Hey, anyone know if a taper was there, gosh I hope so!  When JJ was talking about Slow Hot & Sweaty and how his Mama kinda gave him that look and he was worried about his Granny response, but he looked back at her in the car and she was grooving, JJ was rolling his shoulders imitating her, it was so cute!!..ok guys more later.  Here is the set list:

can't figure out what AC wrote here, good version, good venison???

Now go out there and put on some M*O*F*R*O!!!

AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #4 
Oooh, you got Wrong Side! Nice! Soooo glad you had a great time! Aren't they freaking spectacular???
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #5 

Rat Farts!! I can't see the setlist picture!  

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsyAshley
Oooh, you got Wrong Side! Nice! Soooo glad you had a great time! Aren't they freaking spectacular???

freaking spectacular times pie squared!!! 

I can not can not wait to get that video footage from my friends camera!  I am still just giddie inside.  I told AC before the show that I was just so darn happy that if you turned me inside out awl you would see would be a bunch of smiley faces,lol!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

Rat Farts!! I can't see the setlist picture!  

KING HUMMINGBIRD
COUNTRY GHETTO
A WOMAN
HIDE AND SEEK
WYLF
ALL
BY MY SIDE
LOCHLOOSA
GEORGIA WARHORSE
HOTTEST SPOT IN HELL
BEAUTIFUL WORLD
ORANGE BLOSSOMS
SLOW HOT AND SWEATY
EGIB
HO CAKE
SWEETEST THING
WRONGSIDE
ON FIRE

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #8 

Sounds like you had a great time!!!  I am jealous though that they played Wrong Side, I don't remember ever hearing them play it at any of the shows we have been to.  Glad you had so much fun.

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #9 

Aw Sunny! Thanks so much for sharing your joyous experience and for re-posting the setlist for me!

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #10 
" I told AC before the show that I was just so darn happy that if you turned me inside out awl you would see would be a bunch of smiley faces,lol"

LMAO !!!!!

love they played 'by my side" , havent heard that one ina while!!

and dennis sticking his horn into your business??? haha

the first time I saw him do that was in raleigh last july, he was lleaning into the crowd , playin the horn over there heads and ears, I thought it was because the place was so small but he's been doing that since then. he did it at skippers, stuck it right into this girls face, pretty funny!

( funny quotes from rombello )
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #11 

Here is AC and Mr. Meanie.  AC said that last night (in AL 2-2-11) he had placed Mr. Meanie on a mic and while JJ was belting out A Woman, JJ happened to glance over and see Mr Meanie on the mic, and him amd JJ made eye contact and nearly busted out laughing during one of the intense parts of this song.  So last night during A Woman, we saw those two make eye contact and laugh a bit, no doubt about what almost happened last night.

My new treasure!! I just wish Art, Dennis, and Todd were able to sign

zcreative

Reply with quote  #12 
Holy S&%$ that is so awesome! I hope JJ brings some albums to the Bamboo Room. I don't know the next time I'll get to see him or the band again.

Congrats on that awesome treasure!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #13 
I think AC wrote"cool version" on your set list.  He sometimes asks if you want the long or short version of his autograph, now maybe it's the cool version he's giving out.
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #14 
What a show it was. Sunshine great review. In fact it is an excellent review. It was great to see all of ya'll last night. I didn't get too much more sleep than you did before I had to get up and go to work. Felt like I didn't get any since I was still on my Mofro high. Well as far as the whole night goes, it was fantastic. I finally got to talk to AC. Man that guy is a trip. He is so cool. It's like you have known him for years. There is one fella that doesn't meet a stranger. Ponderosa was indeed fantastic. Like you Sunshine I finally bought another bands cd at the show. When JJ started King Hummingbird I thought oh no. Hope everyone is quiet. You could have heard a pin drop. That was one of the best openers I have ever heard. Can't wait to see it again on the video that Sunshine took. I have never heard him do By My Side live. Great job on it too. The talk he did before Slow Hot and Sweaty was priceless. I'll add more later. Gotta get back to work myself.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mofro ho
I think AC wrote"cool version" on your set list.  He sometimes asks if you want the long or short version of his autograph, now maybe it's the cool version he's giving out.

ooooooh that is IT!!!  I asked for the long version and he gave me the cool version. why thank you .... you litlle mofro ho!!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20
What a show it was. Sunshine great review. In fact it is an excellent review. It was great to see all of ya'll last night. I didn't get too much more sleep than you did before I had to get up and go to work. Felt like I didn't get any since I was still on my Mofro high. Well as far as the whole night goes, it was fantastic. I finally got to talk to AC. Man that guy is a trip. He is so cool. It's like you have known him for years. There is one fella that doesn't meet a stranger. Ponderosa was indeed fantastic. Like you Sunshine I finally bought another bands cd at the show. When JJ started King Hummingbird I thought oh no. Hope everyone is quiet. You could have heard a pin drop. That was one of the best openers I have ever heard. Can't wait to see it again on the video that Sunshine took. I have never heard him do By My Side live. Great job on it too. The talk he did before Slow Hot and Sweaty was priceless. I'll add more later. Gotta get back to work myself.

glad you felt the same vibe at this show!  I spoke with my friends with the video and they have dl to their computer and they are gonna put on a dvd for me tomorrow.   so hopefully very soon, I CANT wait to see KH again. I started the tape as they walked out on stage just hoping for a keeeeller opener and I was so in awe......

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #17 

Oh Sunshine! Thank you so much for taking the "tiny hiney" shot!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

Oh Sunshine! Thank you so much for taking the "tiny hiney" shot!

my darling Giggles, it was not easy at awl!  That man loves to move and to get a shot for you that was in focus was fun work.  The gals behind me kept on laughing at the fact that I was zooming in on JJ's "tiney hiney", I kept telling them, "it is for Giggles!!"

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
There is one fella that doesn't meet a stranger.

What a great way to describe AC, so true!

Sunshine - your photos are great!!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclovinmom

Quote:
There is one fella that doesn't meet a stranger.

What a great way to describe AC, so true!

Sunshine - your photos are great!!

thank you MLM!!  I had so much amazing moments last night..I am JUST now starting to come off the Mofro infused adrenaline rush and the reality of 3 hours of sleep in being to creep up on me. 

Adrenaline, what a wonderful natural high!!!!

Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter