giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #2 

Woo Hoo! Big Thanks to Sam!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #3 

BIG thank you.  The show was amazing.  JJ signed my step son's orange blossoms shirt and I got my snook foundation hat signed.  Also got to talk to Ac to tell him how great the show was.  Overall the best show I've been to.  It seems like they top themselves everytime I see them lol.  JJ started singing king hummingbird but stopped because the crowd wouldn't shut up, so he just started singing it to the band.  He let it out at the end of the song though on the "I feel you" part...gave me goosebumps.  The lochloosa performance was amazing, as always, and the band was on fire the entire night.  My favorite song of the night though would have to be the sun is shining down.  JJ's soulful singing and crazy energy throughout the whole night still brings a huge smile to my face...I can't wait to experience it again. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

Hey that's really cool JTX. Sounds like an amazing experience all the way around. Would have to loved to see your faces as all this went down!

Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #5 

Sorry....I don't know how to embed the videos.
dweezy

Reply with quote  #6 
Hey I agree with everything JTX said, the show was great, I also got my snook foundation hat signed and a pic as well haha. What about "That One Guy", as the opener he was pretty entertaining.  The one thing about the show that I missed was they didn't play "Gotta Know" I was really looking forward to hearing it live again, but playing the sun is shining down, is never a bad consolation.  

During King Hummingbird I was disappointed that JJ only sang to the band because of a couple of stupid so called fans not listening or paying attention, but I understood his feeling.  I was afraid after that moment the whole show was going to be a downer, but JJ blew it off and finished as strong as ever like nothing happened. 

Also, there are some pics from the Granada Theater on flickr... couldn't figure out but here is a link to get you there for anyone interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billellisonphotographer/5407309313/
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 
WOW! Awesome shooting dweezy. I could have all the best equip money could buy and still never be able to touch what you do. Like all the arts, I believe you're either born with the talent or not. You were.

I tried to embed the slide show but it's weird cause I can't find the code for it. I was able to make it an active link tho so people won't have to cut and paste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billellisonphotographer/sets/72157625828523851/show/
bacchus

Reply with quote  #8 

I love the pic where the lady is taking a "pull" and the guy behind her is having a "whahh" moment.

dweezy

Reply with quote  #9 
haha those aren't my pics, sorry, but I can't take credit...the venue had photographers that were taking pics and this was the link I was sent in an email
Markus

Reply with quote  #10 
Really interesting reviews! I was at all three texas shows. All were of course well played by the band. For me, the Austin show was by far the best. They blew it out in every single song. The looks they were giving each other were priceless. The Houston show was also very good. But for me, the Dallas show was the worst of the three. not a bad show just the worst of the three. The vibe from the beginning was a little odd. Place was PACKED with kids from a fraternity I think! Anyway, it was an odd vibe. And it was loud as shit. Not the band the crowd. Though this isnt the first time JJ stopped King Hummingbird for the same reason it was a little off to say the very least. And All I heard was people still talking and bitching about him moving away from the mike. Now for a snippet that shows what kind of poeple MOFRO is...pre show.. parking lot.. homeless guy sitting on the curb. We pull in just as Chris is walking out with a plate of food...walks towards the bus... stops.. looks over and sees the dude... and gives him his plate of food. Fucking class 100% man. 100%
Markus

Reply with quote  #11 
one from Dallas

Attached Images
Name: DSCF3264.JPG, Views: 13, Size: 2.09 MB

Markus

Reply with quote  #12 
a few more from dallas

Attached Images
Name: DSCF3275.JPG, Views: 12, Size: 2.06 MB

Name: DSCF3283.JPG, Views: 11, Size: 2.15 MB

Name: DSCF3286.JPG, Views: 12, Size: 1.95 MB

Markus

Reply with quote  #13 
and a few from atx since im on a roll

Attached Images
Name: DSCF3176.JPG, Views: 12, Size: 2.05 MB

Name: DSCF3164.JPG, Views: 12, Size: 2.00 MB

Name: DSCF3164.JPG, Views: 13, Size: 2.00 MB

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter