Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Briggzz

Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone heading to the make up show in Charlotte this Thursday. I've been waiting since November!! It was a present from my girlfriend the night JJ got food poisoning and couldn't go on. I've got the fever this week!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Hey there Briggzz!! Sure wish I was, but I will see you at the Handlebar on Feb 3rd!!  you gonna make the Asheville shows when they open for Wide Spread Panic?  We are going to the Friday show.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Hey Briggzz! Hope ur well. I can't believe ain't nobody jumped on here to say they're going to Charlotte. There's gotta be somebody else!

Briggzz

Reply with quote  #4 
I know!!  I feel sooooo lonely

But you know what I am doing all night.... Rockin to our boys in preparation for tomorrow!

fat-ass

Reply with quote  #5 
I will be in attendance.....venue sold out as i understand it.....good show last go-round but it isn't a Mofro show without JJ.
Briggzz

Reply with quote  #6 
haha guess I will see you there fat-ass! lol

Ya I ready it is sold out too. I called to make sure I was still on the will call list from the November show.

Rock out!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggzz
haha guess I will see you there fat-ass! lol

Ya I ready it is sold out too. I called to make sure I was still on the will call list from the November show.

Rock out!

awesome they are sold out again!!!  thinking about you and fat ass tonight!!  eagerly awaiting any pics and reviews!!

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #8 
The visuality ain't big but great venue. It better sold out, lol
Enjoy the show!!!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
fat-ass

Reply with quote  #9 
Good to have had JJ in Charlotte last night. Unfortunately, out of the last 4 shows I've seen, I would have to say this has been my least favorite. Still a good show, just seemed a little to much like work for all of the guys last night.The crappy sound quality of the Visualite Theater didn't help things either. The Orange Peel in Ashville was twice as good..
My Wife said I am crazy and said they were great.
Regardless, I am excited about seeing em' in Atlanta tomorrow night.
Briggzz

Reply with quote  #10 

First of all I have to say I am happy with my decision to take today off!

Great night at the Visulite. I loved the show and it was a great mix of new and old songs. I swear the driving energy in Hottest Spot In Hell will not let you just stand still. I loved the new songs and this is my first time getting to see the new line up with Trube on guitar and Todd on bass. Trube absolutely destroys the lap steel on Georgia Warhorse. The Hercules horns were on point as always and I really like how they are getting out of that corner and moving all around. It is about time they come front and center and get the attention they deserve. Art's baritone sax is HUGE!!

The crowd seemed into it, singing along to almost every song. I heard JJ say once
 " Damn it sounds good in here and it never does" so I think he approved. Minus a couple of super annoying people next to me I had a great time. When you encounter someone you don't care for just move a couple feet away I always say. I didn't want to move too far though as I was front and center. I don't know how I always end up lucky enough to get there but it always seems to work out. Is the lady that jumped up on stage and danced with JJ on here? That's one brave (or drunk) lady !

Up to this point I had not heard Sun is Shining at a show, so when I heard the first few notes of it being played at the first encore my girlfriend just looked at me and smiled. She knew my night was complete.

My friend got a setlist so I will try to post a complete one when I can get it from her but the set included lots of goodies.

Opening with Country Ghetto if I remember correctly, had
War,
Dirtfloorcracka,
 Brighter Days,
Ho Cake,
Air, a blazing new faster version of Orange Blossoms (wow that song has really picked up! ),
Lochloosa,
Hottest Spot,
Georgia Warhorse.
Slow Hot n Sweaty with a great story included. All that I can remember at the moment... I did just wake up ya know...  oh and the
final song was On Fire with a blazing horn battle.  I got quite a bit of video so I will be posting in the next couple of days.

CAN"T WAIT FOR GREENVILLE Feb 3rd!!!!!

These guys inspire me every time to go out and play my shows with my band with as much energy, drive and passion and humanly possible. They are living proof that if people can see you having a good time on stage, they will join you.

I love this band.

modifab

Reply with quote  #11 

Nicely done Briggzz!!

Reply with quote  #12 

Bravo Briggzz, Bravo!!!

I loved your review and can feel your energy that you are stilling experiencing! 

13 more days!!

very much looking forward to your videos!!

pilot14

Reply with quote  #13 
yes,  who was that lady!?!?!??!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot14
yes,  who was that lady!?!?!??!

pilot14!!

Finally ..... glad to see ya posting!!! 

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome!!!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 
Hey fat-ass I know what you mean...sometimes me and my wife/friends go thru that. One person will say it's the best or near best they've seen while someone else will say it was great but not that great. For me, there are a lot of factors involved when I weigh where the show fits on my 'awesome meter.' And I know what you mean about your wife saying ur crazy. Mine says that to me like every day. But crazy is how crazy does!

Beautiful job briggzz. I just lived the show thru you. I can't believe you've never seen a show where Sun is Shining has been played! That's great man, what timing. I wish I could play an instrument, much less play in a band, so I could experience the buzz and energy you get from a show that you can carry over into your own show. How cool.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 
And welcome to pilot14! Hmmmmm...sounding awfully suspicious here about you. Does anyone have pictures of the purported dancer on stage?  We can have prints made and have pilot sign them for us!! 
pilot14

Reply with quote  #17 
Nope,  Wasn't me,   hardly that good looking.   We were towards the back, and randomly this "healthy" blond jumps up on stage.   Looked like JJ was taken back for a moment but didn't miss a beat and (if I remember correctly)   simply danced with the woman for the remainder of the song.   Then graciously lent her a hand so she could get back on the floor.   

Wife and I just looked at each other like wow.  That was interesting.    We were both introduced to JJ by my brother in law a few months back and both have really enjoyed getting to know his music.   So much so, we might be at his spartanburg show in a few weeks.....

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #18 
I like healthy blondes. Hell, I even like unhealthy blondes.

The more you see of the band the more you have to see 'em. The music creeps into your soul and has to be replenished often. So, drop the dog off at grandma's and the kids at the pound and head to Spartanburg!
pilot14

Reply with quote  #19 
Actually  the kid will be coming up from florida to goto the concert with us,  if we go.  We were thinking of bringing him to the charlotte concert but didn't see we could get him in until we were at the door.   He's become a big fan too.....
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #20 
That's awesome pilot! Where does said kid live in Fla? Me and my trophy wife live in Tampa. Understandably, there's more folks on here from Fla than other states but that's quickly changing!

There are alot of people on here with kids, from toddlers to college age, who've become big fans. I love hearing the stories of people taking their kids. I can't imagine my mother even going to a concert, much less taking me when I was anywhere from a toddler to a teen. She did go see Engleburt Humperdink after I was out of the house and married. I only bring it up because I like saying Engleburt Humperdink.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter