Higher You Climb
Beautiful World
Orange Blossom
Slow Hot and Sweaty
Juke Joint
Sweetest Thing

Encore
On Fire

May have missed a song in there as I was busy taking photos side stage thanks to FF.  JJ has a cold.  But how many times has he NOT played Lochloosa?!  Will post photos later including AC on synthesizer with Ryan Montbleau Band.
Mr Pilchard

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the set list........Mississippi........nice!

Can't wait to hear the responses to how many shows that Lochloosa has not been played at!

Reply with quote  #3 
It's amazing how much material he is cycling through the shows.  Just take a look at the setlists from this most recent run. Not a lot of acts keep this much material alive:

Ho Cake, Diyo Dayo, A Woman, Hide and Seek, Country Ghetto, Brighter Days, All, Fireflies, Mississippi, Lullaby, Higher You Climb, Beautiful World, Orange Blossom, Slow Hot and Sweaty, Jookhouse, Sweetest Thing, On Fire,
War, The Hottest Spot In Hell, I Believe (In Everything), Ybor City,  Lochloosa, Georgia Warhorse, Everything Good Is Bad,  WYLF, Blackwater,
Dirt Floor Cracker, Circles, King Hummingbird, Gotta Know

30 songs in the last 4 setlists on this site.

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #4 
Interplanetary alien ambassador mission completed. This is my report:It just is so freaking cool to go to a mofroshow anywhere in this country and gun into fellow mofros, I can't tell you how special I think that is.

Roy and Colleen. It's been a pleasure knowing you guys since we met in Baltimore over oysters.

I ran into my friend Bettina. Didn't see chris Cornell or Arlene.

Misty and Liz were holding down the front.

Hung out with Danny and Andrea.

Some of my friends came out on fri and sat so I had to do
Some mingling around. Didn't stay in one place only.

Ryan montbleau band was awesome!!! Both bands walked away from this experience being buddies . the appreciation for each other was mutual and everybody was hanging put together.

Brooklyn bowl is a fun venue. Good sound and Food! We bowled both nights, what a riot .

I seriously enjoyed myself, lots of good conversation and laughter with old and new friends( besides seeing Mofro, this was also homecoming trip
For me as i used to live on long island for 9 years before moving my spaceship operation down south.)

Oh and roy, the whole meninblack thing is funny, lol. And I wanna see your pics. I didn't take any . To busy

( funny quotes from rombello )
MOFROTM

Honorary Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #5 
Juke Joint = Jookhouse
helix77

Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFROTM
Juke Joint = Jookhouse

That's what I assumed when I read redfisherroy's setlist.

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #7 
Yo Danny, I didn't know that dust is flammable?
DABoccio

Reply with quote  #8 
Unfortunately I could only track down four of the guys to sign it.

Attached Images
Name: IMG00209-20101128-1620A.jpg, Views: 230, Size: 45.41 KB

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #9 

Lovin AC's unique autograph!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
DABoccio

Reply with quote  #10 
AC's signature was accompanied with a kiss.  Luckily I had my wife ask him for it.

Reply with quote  #11 
Firefly, I was the bald guy right next to Liz to the right up front both nights jumping like a fool at times.  I wish I had known who to look for.  I would have liked to meet some others from the site.

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks for posting rrr! Sounds like a great show. I ain't never been to a club where you can bowl. Interesting for sure! DA, glad you got a kiss.

Dust? Flammable??
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Ho Cake, Diyo Dayo, A Woman, Hide and Seek, Country Ghetto, Brighter Days, All, Fireflies, Mississippi, Lullaby, Higher You Climb, Beautiful World, Orange Blossom, Slow Hot and Sweaty, Jookhouse, Sweetest Thing, On Fire,
War, The Hottest Spot In Hell, I Believe (In Everything), Ybor City,  Lochloosa, Georgia Warhorse, Everything Good Is Bad,  WYLF, Blackwater,
Dirt Floor Cracker, Circles, King Hummingbird, Gotta Know

Just to be devil's advocate here...unless I miss my count only 6 of the 30 songs above are from the first 2 albums.

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #14 
Ha! AC's signature, just like his personality

DAboccio, bummer, I tried to get some folks together but it's hard sometimes. Next time!
I was wearing a short dark purple dress yesterday , you might seen me walking up the stairs by stage.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 
Almost forgot the Lochloosa comment/question. It happens but ur right MrP. Not too many performances go on without it. If I were brazen enuf I'd call it his signature song. More people request Brighter Days but it doesn't get played as often for sure.
helix77

Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Almost forgot the Lochloosa comment/question. It happens but ur right MrP. Not too many performances go on without it. If I were brazen enuf I'd call it his signature song. More people request Brighter Days but it doesn't get played as often for sure.

Portland, he actually sang the line "every alligator, every blackwater swamp, every freshwater spring" , instead of the "every mosquito" line.  You hear him pause after "alligator" the second time, that's when he knew. I wanna sing along with him, but damn he ain't makin it easy.   Maybe he and the song need a break from each other.

Reply with quote  #17 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51803746@N03/

photos from Saturday night.  Some Mofro fans should be able to see themselves in front.  Also includes photo of AC playing with Montbleau band.  JJ sure sounded like he had a cold last night. 
DABoccio

Reply with quote  #18 
Great pics, redfisherroy.  I'm in a bunch of them.  That's not what makes them great pics, but I was merely pointing out that I was in them.

Admin
Reply with quote  #19 
Very nice rfr.

Quote:
That's not what makes them great pics 
Sure...right...we believe you Bocchio.
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #20 

Dab...by your description of yourself and position on floor, I assumed you were in some of them. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter