A Woman
All
Brighter Days
Diyo Dayo
Circles
Hide and Seek
Lochloosa
GW
Higher you Climb (JJ returns as guitar hero!)
King Hummingbird
Ho Cake  (JJ plays a little Piano with Anthony on organ)
HS & S
Everything Good is Bad
Sweetest Thing

Encore:
Gotta Know
On Fire

Been a while since we saw JJ at WCL.  Great sound as always plus large stage allows the band to be a wall of sound behind JJ.  And gives JJ room to strut. Trube adds a lot of nice fills/textures to many songs, more noticable with great sound system, especially B Days.

Ryan Montbleau Band was great.  Sold out show.

On to Brooklyn Bowl.

RFR

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #2 
now looky here roy, nice reporting job, you went from lurker to postin the setlist asap, LOVE it !
glad to hear show was soldout and rockin.
higher you climb!!! nice
see you soon somewhere

( funny quotes from rombello )
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

great setlist there!!  thanks for the quick review RFR!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
ThunderJar

Reply with quote  #4 
They also played Move it on...Excellant show, dead crowd
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks rrr for the setlist and your review! You guys are hitting 'em hard. Don't stop now! See ya at Skipper's in Jan!!

Hey there ThunderJar and welcome. ALWAYS room for another fan of the band. The more the merrier. Don't know if you just discovered or have been a lurker for a while but don't hesitate to fire away with any questions cause somebody'll know or do their best to find out!

ThunderJar

Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks, I appreciate it... Been a fan since 04.. Last night was my 14th show... Met an awesome family outside WCL who gave me a ticket for free... He wouldn't take money, so I bought him a shot.. Which never got to him because he never made it in(business call ruined his night).. Seen 3 shows in Florida and that crowd and atmosphere is where it's at. I'm so glad I went because my buddy who i've gone to the shows with flaked out about 3 hours before hand... I had to make a decision go to my first show ever alone or stay home... Let's just say I made the right deci.. Smoked a cig with AC afterwards and asked Trube a couple questions.. Trying to make it to atleast one show next week in the bronx

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #7 

Firefly.......it's easy to report when you're not on all fours during the show.  JJ did not play move it on..  It may have been on his set list but he did not play it.  He seemed to change it up when he decided to play higher you climb.

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #8 

Once again, a GREAT show.  Not sure about the crowd being dead, I thought everyone was really into it and lovin the band.  J J was really in good form, doing a lot of dancing!!  His voice sounded really good and strong.  We got to see the whole band bowing at the end of the show for the first time.  I know there was mention before that they have been doing that at the end of the shows.  RRR and I had a great time, met some really nice people at the show.  Can't wait for next weekend : )!

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #9 

must've been some shows if ya were crawlin on all fours..during...now afterwards, thats a different story

( funny quotes from rombello )
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 
Sounds like a great time! ThunderJar you've seen some kind of transition if you've been following the band since 04 and have been to 14 shows! Very cool. You made the right decision to go...you're friend missed out huh? AC's a trip isn't he? Lotta fun, truly great guy.

And thank you for your addition to RRR's comments MLM (and glad he wasn't on all 4's. I take it you weren't either??)
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #11 
Wow! I guess it's all a matter of perception, but I definitely thought the crowd was really into the performance. It could've been where I was standing though because the energy at the front of the stage was palpable.

JJ sounded incredible, the room just vibrated with the power of his voice and good GOD DAMN the band was TIGHT! I took a MOFRO virgin with me and the third song into the set, she grabbed my hand and placed it on her forearm so that I could feel the hairs raised on her arm, she was absolutely slack-jawed by JJ's intense delivery of A Woman! From that point on she was simply mesmerized by the show!

And I did scan the room and I can confirm that the show was taped and there were several professional photographers shooting both acts so I imagine we'll be seeing lots of good performance shots soon. I chatted up one of the photographers and got his business card, I emailed him about our happy little home here. Hopefully he'll pop his head in and post and link to his photos!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #12 

I'm glad to see he got Brighter Days back in there. Want to hear Diyo Dayo so bad I can't stand it. JJ and the boys have been bowing at the end of about every show as of late. They did it at the Orange Peel in Asheville and in Athens. Great setlist by the way.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

JJ sounded incredible, the room just vibrated with the power of his voice and good GOD DAMN the band was TIGHT! I took a MOFRO virgin with me and the third song into the set, she grabbed my hand and placed it on her forearm so that I could feel the hairs raised on her arm, very very cool Ar!!!  she was absolutely slack-jawed by JJ's intense delivery of A Woman! From that point on she was simply mesmerized by the show! Love love love to hear about how people just get sucked in!!  Thank you for your wonderful perception, just gets one's heart a pumpin first thing in the morning!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly

must've been some shows if ya were crawlin on all fours..during...now afterwards, thats a different story

RFR's reference to all fours was about when he wasn't feeling well at the Mish show.  As soon as I saw what he posted I told him "It's going to be fun seeing how this gets interpeted" : )
I forgot to mention how much I also enjoyed the opening act, they were really good!
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #15 
I got there just in time for the Ryan Montbleau Band to take the stage. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them; they were sort of a fusion of Jason Mraz & G. Love. I knew as soon as I walked up to the stage and saw the fiddle & upright bass that I was in store for a good opener!

And after the show I met the  fiddler at the merch booth, he looked at me and said "I saw you down front. You look MUCH better in the light"........not really sure how to take that comment!

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #16 

Glad you had a good time Roy!  Hope you felt a 1,000 time better than at the Mishawaka Show!  Good to see JJ made it back to your neck of the woods!

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicasp20

I'm glad to see he got Brighter Days back in there. Want to hear Diyo Dayo so bad I can't stand it. JJ and the boys have been bowing at the end of about every show as of late. They did it at the Orange Peel in Asheville and in Athens. Great setlist by the way.

I've been dying to hear Brighter Days live.  Really hope they play it when they swing through texas!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #18 

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #19 

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #20 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter