Lochloosa
All
Orange Blossoms
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Ho Cake
Sweetest Thing
On Fire
(NO Encore - due to All Star Jam)

Here is a link to the photos I took (still working on the JJ stuff which will be added by Wednesday or Thursday)

It was great talking to everyone.    Thanks also to Brett (tox) for the efforts of the Snook Foundation 
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 
Great shots (as always) Dave! Thanks for the great photo for our raffle, and for hanging around the booth during the day.

Thought the show was great, was hoping for a longer set but I guess that's the downside of being the last band in an area with a sound ordinance.

Like Hollis pointed out, JJ seemed to be in great spirits. I'm sure all the band must be exhausted, that was a pretty intense stretch.

Great to link up with so many forum members. Just another reason JJ&M shows are such a blast.

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for posting the setlist dave! Wait til y'all the pics dave took of the show y'all. He showed me a few of them and they looked fabulous and that was just seeing them on his camera viewer.

Great seeing everyone...hollis, stan, morena, gracyjj, the pilchards, tox, and whoever I'm forgetting!  Yeah it was disappointing for sure that the JJ had to breeze thru the set trying to get it all in and still couldn't. For whatever reason the fest was running late and like tox said that's what happens when an amphitheater is right on the border of a residential area. Still, they guys killed it. JJ was indeed in a great mood. His jumping and dancing around seems to get more intense with every show!
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #4 

Oh, one more thing. This is the first time I have seen Art blowing the bari sax - loving it! By far one of my favorite stage instruments, and of course Art handles it with exceptional skill. Hope it stays with him for all future shows.

Reply with quote  #5 
I just finished posting the JJ Grey & Mofro photos from the Southern Monster Smash.     I was able to relive each song as I was doing my editing so it was a blast. 

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaDave
I just finished posting the JJ Grey & Mofro photos from the Southern Monster Smash.     I was able to relive each song as I was doing my editing so it was a blast. 

You and your camera absolutely rock when taking pics of Our Boys!!!!   Love the crazy swirly one of AC and the b/w one of JJ where all you see is him and all around him is black, very cool indeed.  Thank you so very much for sharing!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
kelleyKO

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaDave

WOW, I'm impressed, awesome pic's......may have to do some decorating round here....
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #8 

Great pics, Dave.  Thanks for sharing!

Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter