Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
jeromejello

Reply with quote  #1 
i think this is what went down... will spend some time this weekend tracking it out.

Diyo Dayo
Ybor City
All
Florida
Everything Good Is Bad
Fireflies
Hide & Seek
Lochloosa
Georgia Warhorse
Air
Lullaby
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Hottest Spot In Hell
Orange Blossoms
On Fire
Sweetest Thing
E: Gotta Know
Ho Cake (with the opening band joining)
E2: Junior

highlights for me...
Everything Good Is Bad, I just love that tune.
Lullaby, favorite track off the new disc... glad they played it
Hottest Spot In Hell, haven't seen it live since some crazy secret show in St Augustine like 6 years ago.
Ho Cake, if only for the wake and bake verse from the awesome black woman playing tambourine in the opening band.
Junior, because it fucking raged

overall i really enjoyed this gig... looking forward to the skippers run in January.

bt & dime
fnovoa

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, I came home to cut my show and I found out that it never taped.

Come to find out I had a short on my cables from my mics to my preamp. Thus, no sound from the mics to my pre amp to my recorder. This blows.

Wow. Bummer.
fnovoa

Reply with quote  #3 
needless to say, I am pretty pissed...

but I had a great time noneoftheless!!!

Will see you at Skippers on January 15th and 16th. My 30th birthday weekend! (My bday is on 1.15.11)

sorry that my pull didn't come out =(
GabeusCorpus

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the setlist, that's pretty much how I remember it. Now, what's this about a 2-night stand at Skipper's in January? THAT would be AWESOME.
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #5 
Can't wait to hear Ho Cake with JT and the Northern lights joining in.  Awesome. 
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #6 
This band is ON FIRE!  They killed it last night!  It was an awesome set, and a great vibe between the band and the crowd.  And Ho Cake was off the freakin chain! 

Great to see everybody again!  We had a full on Mofro crew rockin the house!

Went to see the Lee Boys @ Crowbar after the show, and danced some more til they closed the place out.

Well, we are getting ready to pack up and head for Pompano.  Can't wait to see you SoFla peeps!

Frank, man, really sorry about your equipment problems!  Bummer!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 

How awesome your reviews are!!!  Thanks to everyone for coming on the board after the show so I had some good reading with my morning coffee. 

Frank ~ Clay sent me a text saying there were "2 tapers in da house", so hopefully the other one will come thru>

Checked the Skipper's calendar this morning and still not listed, just TBA for right now.  I am EAGERLY awaiting when they go on sale, once the tickets are purchased, I will get our plane tickets.

I hope I will be able to listen to Ho Cake from last night!!!!

thank you thank you to all who share your reviews and to the tapers!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
fnovoa

Reply with quote  #8 
Well, I got the problem fixed and I'm back to 100% on the rig.

I just hate going to a great show and me not being able to tape it. But we have two other great tapers there, so the tapes will be on fire!
TheMuse

Reply with quote  #9 
I have to say that was the best show I've seen him do ( that was my 5th one). Brought my best friend, who was a Mofro virgin and she loved it( I know she would)! And we also had the pleasure catching the Lee Boys afterwords. Needless to say I didn't get home until 4:30, but it was well worth it! I have pictures, but have not been able to post them( I keep getting a message saying the file is to big). Once I figure it out, I'll post them.
GabeusCorpus

Reply with quote  #10 

Glad to hear you got it worked out, Francis. Hope one of those other recordings shows up, I'd love to hear that again.

I have to agree with the above -- last night's show was one of the best of the Mofro shows I've been to. This lineup is SMOKING HOT and J.J. was fully charged up... it could only have been better by being at Skippers. Brought my wife who is a recent convert and this was her first Mofro show, and in her words, "It was Gospel".  Pleased to say we're both anxiously awaiting tickets to go on sale for the Skipper's dates.

Got a few decent shots in between the dancing and singing, too

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #11 

some FANtastic shots there GC!!  thanks!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #12 

out of all 5 shows, that one was my favorite, and i almost didn't go cuz my sinuses are doing a bad number on me

( funny quotes from rombello )
kelleyKO

Reply with quote  #13 
if your referring to Ybor city? I have the playlist, can post a copy if you like ( & I can figure out how to download and attach) 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejello
i think this is what went down... will spend some time this weekend tracking it out.

Diyo Dayo
Ybor City
All
Florida
Everything Good Is Bad
Fireflies
Hide & Seek
Lochloosa
Georgia Warhorse
Air
Lullaby
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Hottest Spot In Hell
Orange Blossoms
On Fire
Sweetest Thing
E: Gotta Know
Ho Cake (with the opening band joining)
E2: Junior

highlights for me...
Everything Good Is Bad, I just love that tune.
Lullaby, favorite track off the new disc... glad they played it
Hottest Spot In Hell, haven't seen it live since some crazy secret show in St Augustine like 6 years ago.
Ho Cake, if only for the wake and bake verse from the awesome black woman playing tambourine in the opening band.
Junior, because it fucking raged

overall i really enjoyed this gig... looking forward to the skippers run in January.

kelleyKO

Reply with quote  #14 

Ybor City my favorite, being able see them practice before hand that afternoon ...amazing

kelleyKO

Reply with quote  #15 
great pic's my girlfriend (the chicken guys  wife) got almost the whole show recorded before a security guy asked she stop taping, i'm anxiously awaiting  a copy Bill & Missy!!!! if your out there please care to  share! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeusCorpus
Glad to hear you got it worked out, Francis. Hope one of those other recordings shows up, I'd love to hear that again.

I have to agree with the above -- last night's show was one of the best of the Mofro shows I've been to. This lineup is SMOKING HOT and J.J. was fully charged up... it could only have been better by being at Skippers. Brought my wife who is a recent convert and this was her first Mofro show, and in her words, "It was Gospel".  Pleased to say we're both anxiously awaiting tickets to go on sale for the Skipper's dates.

Got a few decent shots in between the dancing and singing, too
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #16 

Awesome Show! Had a blast hangin with yall. The band was the tightest i"ve ever seen. Just watching the connection these 7 guys have with each other was amazing. Trube was killin it. Todd and AC just laughed through the whole show.Horns were on fire! Ho Cake was killer(wake and bake )and Junior to close was just what the doctor ordered for my Mofro Fix.

Reply with quote  #17 

just wanted to add how much i enjoyed the Lee Boys @ the Crowbar after-party. Will def be checkin out more of their stuff.

Admin
Reply with quote  #18 

Just now checking in on this thread. I'm down with this being the best of the Fla run. Although it was not a sold-out show the energy felt like it was. The crowd was kicked up a notch from the others...for whatever reason.

Looking forward to hearing your recording jeromejello. Thanks for putting up the setlist so promptly!! My apologies for not coming back to shake your hand/buy you a drink. Sad that frank's recording didn't come out--that sucks raw frank--but glad you were there! Always nice to have multiple tapers in da house.

muse...did we meet? Sat nite is a little fuzzy.

GabeusCorups...welcome! I'm pretty sure we didn't meet. But I'm not sure. Sat nite is a little fuzzy.

GotMofro...always a blast man. Great seeing you and your lady during the show and at Lee Boys. We did go to the Lee Boys right? Sat nite is a little fuzzy.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #19 

I got pics and a couple vids. Shit, I got pics and vids from 5 shows to go thru and edit out and then upload. Gimme a few days y'all!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #20 
Hey GC...I put your slideshow from Flickr in your post. We'll have to make an effort to meet next time. The Skipper's dates are supposed to be Jan 15 and 16. The dates are not finalized yet. There's a good sized handful of folks here checking Skipper's calendar every day to see if it gets posted there before getting posted on jjgrey.com.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter