Orange Blossoms
All
Ybor City
Slow, Hot, Sweaty
Ho Cake
Sweetest Thing
E-1 Lochloosa
E-2 On Fire

Another awesome show. JJ definitely has all his strength back and used it! His voice was so on.  In fact, I had 3 people that I know come up to me at diff times and say how impressed they were with how JJ's voice was sounding. "Better than ever," one said. AND, all 3 of these people are long time fans but hadn't been to a show in anywhere from 9-10 mos to over a year.

They seem to be opening with Georgia Warhorse a lot and nothing could make me happier. Y'all have GOT to see this live. The highlight is Trube's solo on the lap steel. OH MY GOD!  Last night he even put it down on the floor and was playing it. I got pics. I got vid from the Gainesville show but he was on the other side from where I was and he was poorly lit. Once I pop it up you can definitely hear it but I don't know how well you'll be able to see it. He's just killing it.

As one might think, Lochloosa received the largest ovation, from start to finish. JJ talked about how from Gville he went home to sleep in his own bed.  Said he had to drive thru Lochloosa to get home and then again on his way to Orlando. Said he got to go thru Lochloosa twice in 24 hours. Crowd went wild.

They did the bow at the end again! And someone (hmmmm) got it on vid.  They've loosened they're camera rules. They're letting people shoot pics and vids--they used to come in the audience and tell you to quit. In fact, they used to make you empty your pockets into a bin and they used a hand held metal detector and if you had a camera you had to rent a locker or hike to your car.  Now they just don't let you in with a multi lens camera. (I got alot of good pics.) And they stopped the airport security treatment.

Still, I was hesitant to video because I wasn't in the crowd. I was back by the board so I was much more 'exposed' and since they have signs saying no videos I wasn't going to risk it. Until On Fire. I set up my camera on the rail of the sound board and got the whole song including the bow at the end.

All for now. Here we come Ybor City tonight (Pompano tomorrow; rehab Monday first thing.)

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #2 
i'm gettin' stoked.

i think you see an addition to the setlist tonight, as well as another in pompton.

just sayin'

what time will most of y'all be around pompano?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
Oooohhhhh that's intriguing!! UH always has the best scoops. Hell man I'm still trying to remember what day it is. I'm too old to get home at 3:30 am two nights in a row (tonite makes 3!)  I have to talk to the "girls"--TW and Firefly--to see when we're heading out from Tampa in the a.m. They're in charge. I'm just along. Hell, maybe we'll head out from Ybor City tonight and head on down!

Lookin forward to seein all the S. Fla peeps...
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks for the wonderful review!! So glad to hear JJ is back to being 100%.  Driving through Lochloosa twice in 24 hours, how wonderful!!

I can't wait to see the video of The Bow!!  That is so awesome they did it again.  looking forward to your pics and anyone else pics, videos, reviews, stories etc!!

uhollis, can you give us a clue!?!?!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #5 
i don't have any scoop.  just thinkin about past tours, and 5 shows in one state over a week, being home, and about to be off for a little bit. numerous folks hitting more than one show.

festival, guest spot, who knows.  dreamin'.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

Little by little it's coming back to me. I met Mrs Pilchard! A name with a face. She said we'll see Mr. Pil on Sat, and her in Ybor tonite. I think that's what she said?  Lots of Mofro peeps were there...my trophy wife and Firefly and Liz, Eric and Suewebb, RiverRat, JohnDude and Jess, Morena and Cherry and I'm sure I'm missing somebody. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 

aaaaaaaaaahhh...now i see what ur saying UH. we can hope eh?

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #8 

what songs would you guys like to hear that you think they may perform?

uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #9 
i'd like to see something a little bit halloween like on saturday is all

maybe 10k islands, Devil, or Long Time Man.

TheMuse

Reply with quote  #10 
I wish I could have been there. I am looking forward to tonight!
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #11 
I'd like to see the guys play at house of blues one day.  I've only been to house of blues once and that was in Vegas earlier this year.  I ended up getting 2 shirts, a deck of cards and a little guitar key chain.  Really cool place. 

Thanks for the review MF1.
SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #12 
Like Hollis I'd like to hear something a bit Halloween

Specifically, "I Put a Spell on You"

Ain't gonna happen, but still a person can wish
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #13 
GODZILLA!

I know, not Halloween. But had to throw it in anyhow. For Clay.

Admin
Reply with quote  #14 
YEAH TOX!

There goes Tokyo!!

(translation: "there goes tokyo")
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #15 

10,000 would be cool, but only if Daryl was there as it is his song. 

oh, maybe that is what uhollis was suggesting when he was talkin bout folks just showing up !!

jtcroc

Reply with quote  #16 

As I mentioned in another thread im relatively new to this crew. This was only my third show (all at the HOB in Orlando). I went with a couple long time Mofro fans and a couple complete rookies. We all aggreed this show was unbelievable. Those of us who had seen them before did talk about how great they sounded. JJ's voice is alway amazing but definitely seemed to have exceptional power last night. and the lap steel play in the very opening was a beauty to hear AND watch. On top of it standing amoung the crowd on floor is like a giant family hug and these fans are no small part of the show.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcroc

As I mentioned in another thread im relatively new to this crew. This was only my third show (all at the HOB in Orlando). I went with a couple long time Mofro fans and a couple complete rookies. We all aggreed this show was unbelievable. Those of us who had seen them before did talk about how great they sounded. JJ's voice is alway amazing but definitely seemed to have exceptional power last night. and the lap steel play in the very opening was a beauty to hear AND watch. On top of it standing amoung the crowd on floor is like a giant family hug and these fans are no small part of the show.

jtcroc ~ loved your review!  there is nothing greater than reading some one elses take on a performance.... we all, well I live for it. keep em coming

Readymade

Reply with quote  #18 
I have to say, just as every one of their albums seem to add a little something that kicks it up a notch, their live performances seem to just get better and better. Last night was my somewhere between 15th and 18th show and it never fails to grab my soul and set it straight.
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #19 
Orlando HOB (last January) was definitely one of the wildest Mofro shows I have been to. The crowd there just has the best time! It sounds like another amazing time! I am so envious of all of you on the Florida run! Can't wait to see pics and vids! Keep on having a blast, y'all!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #20 
Good to hear from you again readymade. And welcome jtcroc! Indeed it was a great show. Even tho it wasn't nearly sold out (dammit!) the crowd's energy and enthusiasm made up for it. It was a nice crowd...didn't run into any ugliness anywhere but I also wasn't down in the pit. But everyone said everyone was nice and there was no pushing and shoving getting in and out the bathrooms or bar.

I like the acoustics at HOB. Actually the best place in the house is upstairs center balcony, but they've got a nice placement of speakers thruout that makes it nice.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter