Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #1 

What a great night. Awesome show. Wasn't sure if JJ was going on or not because of him being sick. The show went on as planned. He played alot of songs from Georgia Warhorse which I was hoping he would do. Gotta know was on of my favorites especially the way JJ sees it speech he gave during it. Just awesome. He was feeling the crowd. We were all into it.

SETLIST
1.GEORGIA WARHORSE
2.DIRTFLOORCRACKER
3.HOTTEST SPOT
4.A WOMAN
5.COUNTRY GHETTO
6.BEAUTIFUL WORLD
7.EGIB
8.CIRCLES
9.ALL
10.LOCHLOOSA
11.HIDE N SEEK
12.YBOR CITY
13.ORANGE BLOSSOMS
14.SLOW,HOT,AND SWEATY
15.HO CAKES
16.SWEETEST THING
ENCORE
17.GOTTA KNOW
18.ON FIRE

Like I said great show. Can't wait for the next one.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

I was happy as well to hear a lot of songs from GW!  It was indeed a fantastic show on so many levels.  It was great to see you for the 30 seconds after the show, lol!    )

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #3 
It's funny, they played Circles at both the Bijou and the Peel  but not in Bloomington, IL.  There was a lady behind me that kept yelling Circles through out that show. Man she wanted to hear it Bad!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #4 

wheel, LMH dew thank her the next time you see her!! 

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I was happy as well to hear a lot of songs from GW!  It was indeed a fantastic show on so many levels.  It was great to see you for the 30 seconds after the show, lol!    )

Ditto! I saw you standing up front before the show but people were already shoulder to shoulder. Missed standing at the rail. Maybe next time though.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

Sorry I didn't get to meet you harmonicasp20!

harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #7 

I looked for you up front. found out you were back from the stage like me. hopefully next time though.

ashevillain

Reply with quote  #8 
Just signed up for this message board. I think I was on the old one awhile back. Anyhow...sitting here listening to my recording of the most recent Orange Peel show...man...I love me some Mofro. Very rarely do I find a band that gives me such a spiritual experience so often. 

This one line in the lyrics to Gotta Know really is working for me. I just got laid off last week and my lease is up at the end of next month. Basically I have no idea where I will be working and living. So I've been trying to figure out the who/what/when/where/why of it all and I came back to this recording and it hit me.... "I finally understand, it can't be understood." 

And so it is...

Thanks for the space ya'll. Might try to head to Charlotte to record on Thursday...
helix77

Reply with quote  #9 
Welcome to the Front Porch, ashevillain. Hope your luck turns around soon.

I got a pacemaker and a collapsed lung for Christmas.

Some shit happens for a reason I guess. Maybe we will both go on to bigger and better things. 

Reply with quote  #10 

Welcome ashevillian!!!  Glad you found the new board.  sorry to hear of your troubles, but I beleive that everything happens for a reason, we may not know right away the 'why' and sometimes it is never revealed, but I hope things turn around for you! 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Ashevillilain. Welcome. I hope things turn around for you and soon. It is amazing how JJ's lyrics and music can hit home so much. Come back anytime...we are most happy to 'give you the space' whenever you want.

Helix...had no idea. Hope ur healing up fine. Scary stuff man.
helix77

Reply with quote  #12 

Thanks Mr.D, gettin stronger every day. Time to start the bucket list, I'm not gettin any younger. Never know, I may land at one of those shows in the deep south, and say hello to y'all in person.

Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter