Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Dirtfloorcracka
Hottest Spot In Hell
Ho Cake
The Sweetest Thing

Encore:
The Sun Is Shining Down
On Fire

I'll have pics, video and more when I get the chance to upload them and get the Maker's Mark out of my system.  It was another hell of a great time!  More to come!

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

woooo hoooo for DT!!!

Ahhh, The Sun Is Shining Down ..... one of my, if not my, favorite song.  Has been a while. 

Look forward to your additions to this thread!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #3 
Recording here: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=539476
Grit

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

I'll have pics, video and more when I get the chance to upload them and get the Maker's Mark out of my system.  It was another hell of a great time!  More to come!

Cant wait Delerious!!! My wife and I attended the show and were blown away. Cant wait to see pics!
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

Cant wait Delerious!!! My wife and I attended the show and were blown away. Cant wait to see pics!

Welcome Grit!!!! You have found a wonderful nook of folks that love this band as much as you!!

Grit

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

Welcome Grit!!!! You have found a wonderful nook of folks that love this band as much as you!!

Why thank you miss Sunshine! I just turned my wife on to JJ and she is obsessed. I look foreword to keeping up with things in here. Seems like a great place! Thanks again for the welcome.
FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #7 

jj obsessions are def welcome here, you are at the right place! 

( funny quotes from rombello )
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grit
Quote:

Why thank you miss Sunshine! I just turned my wife on to JJ and she is obsessed. I look foreword to keeping up with things in here. Seems like a great place! Thanks again for the welcome.

wheel grit, git yer lady on board!!! and Firefly is indeed correct, JJ and M*O*F*R*O obsession are welcome here!!

Grit

Reply with quote  #9 
Buddy of mine found me a recording of this show. FANTASTIC!!!! While listening to the intro for "On Fire" I can clearly hear my wife yell "Now THATS what Im *&$#ing talking about!" But after a few 24 ounce beers, it was bound to happen.

Cant wait to see pics and videos of this show!

ares77

Reply with quote  #10 
I for one am lovin all this opening with GW, kick ass song, kick ass opener

UConn

Reply with quote  #11 
this was my first show, didn't know anything about the band. showed up had a great fucking time. they really blew me away.

and now here i am on a fan message board. oh lord

FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #12 
It's ok Uconn, you came to the right place, WE understand . We're Mofro crazies, men and women alike.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #13 

UConn!!  welcome to our corner of Mofronians!!  The more the merrier I awlways say!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #14 
I see Sunshine, our official welcoming committee, and FireFly (our resident nut) have welcomed you uconn but let me say it as well. FF is right, this band makes you do things you never thought about!

Hey Grit I missed your comment before. Did the vid ever go up? Too funny about ur wife. Mine does shit like that too after consuming mass quanities of beer. But she comes on the board here so I'd have to email you and tell you all the things she does or she'll kick my ass.
FireFly

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #15 

hey I'm the resident ALIEN, nut a not

Grit

Reply with quote  #16 
MofroFan1, I cannot seem to find any video of the HOB show. I was only referring to it at all because DT had mentioned it. Since he was kind enough to email me the photos he got from that night, I didnt want to bother him any more about the video. Would LOVE to see it if it becomes available however! Maybe Ill send him a message.....
IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:

woooo hoooo for DT!!!

Ahhh, The Sun Is Shining Down ..... one of my, if not my, favorite song.  Has been a while. 

Look forward to your additions to this thread!!

Do you by any chance have pics or video of JJ giving a girl his guitar strap? I was doing the ugly cry and couldn't get it together to take pics and my GF was also crying, so she didn't capture that moment either! That would be so so awesome. Sorry, this was meant for DT!

Reply with quote  #18 

Yes, I know the girl personally...IT WAS ME! LOL, not really sure if everyone was suppose to cry, but I'm sure I freaked the people out around me when I ripped my wig off. You see, I was introduced to JJ and The Fro a few days after my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer.When my Mom lost her hair to chemo, I shaved my head and donated it to Locks of Love. My GF posted the song "The sun is shining down" on my FB page. I wept as I listened to that song over and over. She invited me to go to the HOB concert. I so badly wanted him to play that song, but after the set and the encore and he didn't play it, I took a piece of paper out of my purse and quickly wrote him a note about my Mom and asked him to play that song and if he did, that I would take my wig off. He took my note and the lights went off and off the stage he went. He then came back on and played that song for me! I cried so hard that the snot (sorry TMI) was pouring out of me! It's something I never will forget. I Listen to that song as well as I Believe every.single.day! My Mom passed away January 7th and JJ's music makes every emotion a person can feel come out in me!

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #19 
ooo IWTLHBs...sorry for your loss..
I lost my mom to f'ng cancer too...be strong..

what a great fuckin story about JJ..and how emotional for you!
what a sweetie he is..

IWTLHBs

Reply with quote  #20 

Sorry about your loss d.o.e! I HATE cancer, I hate that my Mom isn't here anymore, but thankful for faith! Ya, I felt like I was high for a week after the concert! I was for sure hooked after that!

Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter