Staight from Lil Mofro Ho
Acoustic set
10/15/10

Beautiful World
Hide and Seek
Slow, Hot and sweaty
The Sweetest Thing
Gotta Know

Thank you LMH for texting me the recordings and photos of JJ and his boots from the in store as well as the night time show!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #3 
I figured I would add to this post and let you know about the Headliners/Louisville show that same night.

The acoustic instore was cool.  We had a great surprise in that Tony Joe White performed 4 songs before JJ came on.  We were really hoping that they might play one together but they didn't.  Also before Tony Joe even started there were 5 Tibetan monks who chanted a blessing.  How cool is that?  There were probably 150 people at the instore.

The band played like no other and we had a blast. We met a nice father/son duo from northern Indiana that are huge fans.  The set list was great, it was missing some really great songs but he can't put everything on the list and you know he has to play some of the new album.  It had alot that has been on recent set lists but it really worked I thought.  Sorry for the delay but our daughter was home from college this weekend and well  she did have to share us with Mofro on Friday so we gave her undivided attention the rest of the weekend!  I snagged a setlist (AC's) after yelling and yelling for Colin? that there was one left "AC's... AC's... AC's". He finally saw it on the floor and gave it to me with a smile.  I did get my CD liner signed at the acoustic in store show but didn't get to meet JJ after the show.  We never actually saw him after and we stayed about 45 minutes after.  I did catch AC, Anthony, Todd and Dennis and got them to sign my set list.  We only had our video recorder and cell phones for pics and didn't have our camera with FLASH for shots with the guys after the show.  The picture my husband took of me with AC didn't turn out because of no flash.  Damn.  I'll try again tomorrow night in IL and I will remember the camera.  We do have some video for you... The first one is Georgia Warhorse.I think my husband got 4 full songs and snippets of others.  And we did get a few fairly decent pics with our cell phones. 

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #4 
Some photos from both shows & more to come!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks for the review LMH!!  Glad to hear you had a great time and that stinks about the camera dilemma.  So you will see them tomorrow (Tues) and I will see them the next night (Wed). 

looking forward to some pictures if you can get some!!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #6 
This is the jam at the end of Slow Hot & Sweaty.  It breaks into Everything Good is Bad (full song). Enjoy!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #7 

I lOVE the jeweled flip flops!!!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #8 
Here is the Louisville set list:

Hottest Spot
Dirtfloorcracka'
All
A Woman
Hide and Seek
Orange Blossoms
Ybor City
Slow Hot
Everything Good
Fire Flies
Georgia Warhorse
Lochloosa
Beautiful World
War
Ho Cake
Sweetest Thing
encore--
King Hummingbird
On Fire

Forgot to add... Trube broke one guitar string and JJ broke 2, one electric and one acoustic!

Richard: after the show Dennis was wearing a M t-shirt, sorry but didn't get a picture.

Once again, Great show!

Dang if his feet don't look great in any kind of footwear!! ha ha

I'll be sure to have fun Tuesday and get them warmed up for you on Wednesday!!!

AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the photos, videos, and stories, LMH!
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #10 
COOL !!!

ON FIRE!

Reply with quote  #11 

Thanks so much for sharing these awesome pics and vids!  I LOVE Headliners!  My last place of residence was just two blocks from there and I used to walk there to see so many good shows-Matisyahu, Mofro, Citizen Cope, los Lonely Boys.  I grew up in Louisville and get so homesick when I see pics of my fav places there like Headliners and Ear-X-Tacy.  Glad you had fun.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter