Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
"At the 31st News and Documentary Emmy Awards BILL MOYERS JOURNAL (PBS): “THE GOOD SOLDIER” won the Emmy for OUTSTANDING HISTORICAL PROGRAMMING – LONG FORM. The music for the program was scored by JJ Grey. Congratulations to filmmakers Lexy Lovell and Michael Uys. You can watch the trailer and find out more here."
http://www.thegoodsoldier.com/

How about THAT y'all. JJ scores a film for the first time and it wins an Emmy. Wouldn't we like to think that it's his music that put it over the top!?

If you're unfamiliar with the documentary, here's a previous post or of course you can go to the link above. 
http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4817234&highlight=good+soldier

In the photo below are the soldiers who are highlighted in the film. Back left are filmmakers Lexy Lovell and Michael Uys.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

woooo hoooo!!!

Congrats to all involved and especially

our very own JJ Grey!!

that is just darn right awesome!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

oh, and we all know it was indeed the music, come on !!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #4 

tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #5 
Took a load of friends to see it in the theater when it came out. I know I'm biased, but the score made the film for me. I tried to imagine it without the background score, and I doubt it would have had such a strong emotional component. Not AT ALL downplaying the content of the film itself (being a vet myself), just looking at the theatrical impact. If that makes any sense.
Congrats to JJ, and also to the "scout" that found him for this film. THAT guy earned his paycheck.

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #6 
JTX - had no idea you played tennis. And from your posts, I'm sure I'm not alone in that I had you pegged for an Eskimo.

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tox
JTX - had no idea you played tennis. And from your posts, I'm sure I'm not alone in that I had you pegged for an Eskimo.

I actually DO play tennis...I still hold the home run record from my high school days!
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #8 
I've been meaning to watch this. I'm gonna have to netflix it next week.
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #9 

pretty F'in cool...

DABoccio

Reply with quote  #10 
Never mind trying to Netflix it, JTX.  I just looked and it's not on there yet.

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 

I was looking for this post to bump it up and saw JTX's comment about tennis and his HR record. I'm VERY impressed with your sports prowess.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter