Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Brian DaSilva was there to tape both this and the full band show. Got to meet Jay S., Sam & BF, and John (Hog Caller). Great time guys, I'll post a review later and leave it up to y'all to fill in what I missed. Here is what was played at the acoustic show:

Beautiful World
The Sweetest Thing
Gotta Know
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Hide & Seek

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #2 
I have the full band setlist that I will post later and Clay, I have an answer to your question, straight from JJ! Diyo Dayo y'all! Goodnight, tomorrow it's on to Solana Beach! See ya soon DOE!

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
I have the full band setlist that I will post later and Clay, I have an answer to your question, straight from JJ! Diyo Dayo y'all! Goodnight, tomorrow it's on to Solana Beach! See ya soon DOE!

Hey DT, I sent both you and d.o.e. an email to let you guys know that a great friend of mine is gonna be at the Belly Up tonight.   He, Rob, has decided to check out JJ Grey & Mofro since I think so highly of them.  He will try to make the perf at Lou's Records as well. I told him that I would try to hook him up with you and Kim at the show. I kinda hope JJ will sing "Gotta Know" with his little story attached, I think it would be amusing, as my friend Rob is indeed a scientist, lol!  I look forward to his comments tomorrow!!

have a blast you guys!!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
tomorrow it's on to Solana Beach! See ya soon DOE!

can't wait DT!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 

I so wish I was DT right now. He's walking on air no doubt.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

I so wish I was DT right now. He's walking on air no doubt.

I totally am with you on this one!!! 

After 7 shows in 6 days I hope DT plans on entering a Mofro style decompression chamber - I would hate for him to get the bends.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #7 
Ooooh Sunshine,
You just smacked me in the face with one of my "dirty little secrets."
Love me some Level 42 - 80's band that might make you gag. "The Bends" is a song I've always dug:

I apologize right now to you blues-only folks. If you hate '80s music, DON'T open this link. (However, if you read all of Grover's There's a Monster at the End of this Book, I know you won't be able to help yourself). 
I understand, I NEED HELP. But I ain't ready to hit rehab yet. Still enjoyin' it.
Ssshhhhhh. Don't tell on me.

Reply with quote  #8 
Question... Brian taped it, but has he downloaded it anywhere?
Also... the last Rythym Room show had a taper there. Any idea if it was downloaded anywhere?
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #9 
Sam, Brian taped both the solo set and the Compound Grill show, after that he sends it to Stan (swkelley) and he will upload it to the archive.  It shouldn't be long before they are up if they aren't up there already.  Also, the Rhythm Room show from September of 2008 is on the archive as well.  All of them are all the way back to 2006.  Let me know if you can't find them and I'll point you in the right way.

Finally, check out the video I'm posting today, I think you will like.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter