Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 7     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   Next
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #101 
Aawww, I would love to hear The Sun is Shining Down live.  Hoping, wishing, waiting...
skotdee

Alumni/Assoc Professor, Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #102 
http://www.archive.org/details/JJGM2011-01-01.AKG483.flac16

JJ Grey & Mofro
01/01/2011
Freebird Live
Jacksonville Beach, FL

Source: AKG c480b/ck63 (XY/FOB/DFC) > Oade Concert Mod Edirol R-44 (24Bit/48KHz)
Lineage: R-44 > SDHC > Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain, Fades, Resample, MBIT+ Dither) > TLH > FLAC 16 (level 6) > Foobar 2000 (tagging)

Recorded & transferred by Scott Douglas (skot_dee at hotmail dot com)

1. Intro
2. War
3. Beautiful World
4. Orange Blossoms
5. I Believe
6. Everything Good Is Bad
7. Blackwater
8. Hide and Seek
9. Lochloosa
10. Georgia Warhorse
11. Country Ghetto
12. King Hummingbird
13. Lullaby
14. Slow, Hot & Sweaty
15. Ho Cake*
16. The Sweetest Thing
17. Encore Break
18. The Sun Is Shining Down
19. On Fire

*with Zach Gilbert on Guitar

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #103 
scotdee is right, great energy coming off that stage, jj in good spirits and sounding awesome.
yeah maybe the setlists could be more exciting but its ok, band is just sounding dynamite.
got to meet todd's wife and kids, sweet family he's got.
I just really like double or triple headers,  too much fun.
got to hang with tallymars and his friend dave, BSRfan, and swampcracka?(sorry dude, I was kinda , ah , yeah, but mive meeting you again)
lots of laughter, wafflehouse, music, talking with awesome friends, mofrofans.com got a great community, thanks to clay and his trophywife serious positive attitudes and lovely care) >>> fun 3 days.
asshole factor was low except for a few incidents, not worth mentioning, some folks just live their life on the negative side.
the glass is HALF FULL PEOPLE!!!!  with that said, I'm on my way to hop on the MSC poesia for jamcruise, very excited , everybody I know from working and hanging at festivals is going.!!! life's good!!! 2011-bring it!!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
modifab

Reply with quote  #104 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly
scotdee is right, great energy coming off that stage, jj in good spirits and sounding awesome.
yeah maybe the setlists could be more exciting but its ok, band is just sounding dynamite.
got to meet todd's wife and kids, sweet family he's got.
I just really like double or triple headers,  too much fun.
got to hang with tallymars and his friend dave, BSRfan, and swampcracka?(sorry dude, I was kinda , ah , yeah, but mive meeting you again)
lots of laughter, wafflehouse, music, talking with awesome friends, mofrofans.com got a great community, thanks to clay and his trophywife serious positive attitudes and lovely care) >>> fun 3 days.
asshole factor was low except for a few incidents, not worth mentioning, some folks just live their life on the negative side.
the glass is HALF FULL PEOPLE!!!!  with that said, I'm on my way to hop on the MSC poesia for jamcruise, very excited , everybody I know from working and hanging at festivals is going.!!! life's good!!! 2011-bring it!!!

Just wanna second your sentiment about this community here FireFly. I've been around on a few forums through several racing communities.Y'all know the typical drill, more boolshit and negativity than could ever do any good. I love reading through this place and gettin to know a bit about y'all.

Cannot effen wait for these Florida shows in a couple weeks!! Got my cute friend Rachel joining me for the road trip from Detroit... Lookin forward to bumpin hips with plenty of ya!!

**Disclaimer...** I'm typically a kid of few words. Sorry if I seem shy when we show up...

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #105 
Haha modifab, I will tickle your shyness right outta you, lol, if your cute friend Rachel doesn't mind
Just kidding , see ya at skipp's!!!

( funny quotes from rombello )
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #106 

Sounds like y'all had a great time, maybe redfisherroy & I will do the Freebird shows again next year.  We're looking forward to Skippers, see y'all in about 10 days or so.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclovinmom

Sounds like y'all had a great time, maybe redfisherroy & I will do the Freebird shows again next year.  We're looking forward to Skippers, see y'all in about 10 days or so.

we should dew a Skippers roll call, lol!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #108 
A BIG THANK YOU to skotdee for making the Freebird live recordings available so quickly!

As always, I love reading everyones reviews I am eagerly anticipating seeing pictures & videos from these shows! Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

modifab

Reply with quote  #109 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly
Haha modifab, I will tickle your shyness right outta you, lol, if your cute friend Rachel doesn't mind
Just kidding , see ya at skipp's!!!

**Laughs** Just try it there FireFly... I'm waay to ticklish!! LOL! I'll be sure to knock the kick stand out from unda ya spaceship while I'm fleeing like a little girl... LOL! Kidding.. Rachel's plenty ticklish too.

And yes indeed! Many many thx to skotdee for the effort with the recording and great review.

Reply with quote  #110 

I would just like to take a moment to comment on the overall sound of the band.

I think they sound absolutely awesome. They are crisp, and on the money, I think trube’s contribution is bomb IMHO..

I applaud SKOTDEE for his efforts, cuz the taping is killer..

Still a bit ticked that I could not get within 1284 miles of the venue (yes I google mapped it).. I once made Jacksonville in 18 hours (in my younger years).. I will never forget running the I10 stretch at close to 100 following a SUV of fine looking New Yorkers.. Those were the days…

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #111 

Whoa there ox...18 hours? That's moving out!!  And I agree with you on the band. Smoking hot.

Here's my pics from the Freebird run. New camera, still getting used to it.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #112 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #113 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #114 

Hmmmmm...she looks a little like my trophy wife.

...and Misty in the front and I see an alien in there too...

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #115 
...yep, it's an alien all right, aka FireFly

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #116 
Well by gum that tall feller on the left looks just like kingcracker!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #117 

If that ain't BSRfan in the hat I'll eat my hat. Or his.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #118 

I asked Matt Grondin after the show if he had gone Hollywood with a pair of clear glasses. He laughed and said no they were for real and he just had to start wearing them.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #119 

Y'all wave to skotdee behind the videocameras on the balcony.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #120 
I don't know who these 2 cuties are but you can bet I pulled over and gave 'em a ride.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter