Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Setlist for the Mishawaka Show earlier tonight.  Great show and unbelievable venue.  Talk about majestic views and majestic music.  Great time had by all, great weather, the guys rocked like always.  Trube damn near broke his slide guitar then broke two strings on his guitar!  JJ was giving him crap about it the who night.  Halfway through Mofro week, a little mid week break before Phoenix and Solana Beach.   Good to see Roy, Coleen and Firefly again.  Hope you are feeling better Roy and safe travels back to Philly for you and your wife, Firefly, safe travels on your spaceship back to Florida or where ever you end up next?

Here's the setlist:

Country Ghetto
Hide & Seek
War
Fireflies
Beautiful World
Ybor City
Lullaby
The Sweetest Thing
Georgia Warhorse
A Woman
All
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Lochloosa
Ho Cake
Hottest Spot In Hell
Everything Good Is Bad
Encore:
Gotta Know
Orange Blossoms
2nd Encore:
On Fire

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
TN_Cracka

Reply with quote  #2 

Setlist has a pretty good mix to it. A Woman has been a staple in recent sets.

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks DT!! any pictures!?!?

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

That's a nice setlist. I agree there TNC, they must be getting some good feedback on A Woman cause it has been a staple. It's a good mix of songs.

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #5 
haha DT, trube played that pedal steel like a mofro, pretty funny. I like how he is on the end left side, gives him soo much room to bounce around.
def a fantastic venue, people chillin by the river, good sound.
me and colleen got up front to groove out together, and yeah we saw the sheep roy was talking about.lol.
at the odgen I saw 2 tapers, gave them the business card. not sure if I saw one at the mish. me and jack daniel had a date that day.alll day.
hottest spot sounded real tight, great song!

( funny quotes from rombello )
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #6 

Hi Everyone - Redfisherroy and I are back in PA, after a whirlwind weekend.  The show at the twist & shout was really sweet, our first time seeing J J solo.  It was fun meeting up with Firefly and DT and his lovely wife.  The Mish show was FANTASTIC, the only down side was that Roy really was not feeling well (I believe it was a touch of altitude sickness), he just started feeling back to normal today.  I was happy to have firefly around, we had a lot of fun together!!  Can't wait to meet up with her again.  Rumor has it that it may be the last show ever at Mish, I hope not, it would be a real shame!!!  It was a beautiful day & and as firefly mentioned we did have our bighorn sheep spotting.  Roy somehow got up the energy to take a fair amount of photos during the show, so when he has time he'll post some : ).

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #7 

Glad to hear you are having such a good time, DT!  Tell Brian I say hello when you see him in Phoenix.

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Sorry to hear bout rrr mlm. Had a touch of altitude sickness one time before (take a Fla native and put him in Boulder and it wasn't pretty) so I know it can be miserable. Sounds like it was an awesome show tho. Ain't never seen no bighorn sheep tho...I didn't think they made those anymore. Can't wait to see rrr's pics.

Last show at Mish...do tell...?!
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #9 

Word from my brother is that the owner was busted for some serious issues and that Mish is probably going to be put up for sale.  Word is that the CO forestry has had its eye on the property for a long time, if they were to purchase it, it would be the end of Mish as everyone knows it.  Hopefully some people with some big money, who love music will come to the rescue, time will tell.  It would be really sad to not have such a beautiful music venue around anymore : (.

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #10 
Some of the Mishawaka photos taken...

some how dt was missed. Great show, great venue, great weather, great fans......did not feel so great...  we've been there many times to hang, first concert for us there, one we saw he was playing there, we had to go.  Somewhere a while back someone listed shows they've been to......got a long way to go but..
New Orleans Jazz Fest (1st)
Cockeyville Md
Philadelpha
DC
Jacksonville (3 night run Freebird)
Baltimore
Denver
Mishawaka!!!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 

Nice pics there rrr. I see Firefly in a few. Yep she's great isn't she?! Some nice venues on your list too. My trophy wife and I have been to the last Freebird runs so maybe we crossed paths! (hope I didn't step on your toes) Interesting turn of events for the owner at Mish. Hate it when the busted for serious issues happens.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #12 

What a most beautiful backdrop if I ever saw one!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures Redfish!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #13 
so i talked to a south Florida boy and girl, who are in CO permanently now, and have seen upwards of 60+ shows.

they said this show was in there top 3 mofro shows ever.

that is quite a statement coming from them.  gets me pumped to see the band.

oh, and y'all know this venue is up for the sale, i think 1.2 mill.  the owner took a serious drug bust just a few weeks ago.

FireFly

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #14 

uhollis, I met a guy named matt and his wife there, says he's from boca and he knows you.small world

( funny quotes from rombello )
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #15 
Oh! That's you two! I met you in Baltimore at the 8x10 when Firefly and I went. How cool you met up again in Colorado! Glad you are on the board posting, and doing more Mofro travels! Cool peeps!
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #16 
that's them firefly.

crazy small.

musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsyAshley
Oh! That's you two! I met you in Baltimore at the 8x10 when Firefly and I went. How cool you met up again in Colorado! Glad you are on the board posting, and doing more Mofro travels! Cool peeps!

Yep - that's us.  If we don't see you before, we should see you sometime during jazz fest.  Roy and I have been going for about 18 yrs now, we're gonna try and do about 9 days this year.  If your still living in New Orleans than hopefully we will cross paths.  We were talking to firefly about it when we saw her in CO.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter