Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Got a text from DT minutes ago. Here's the setlist from Twist & Shout Records in Denver where JJ did a solo gig.

Hide n Seek
Slow, Hot n Sweaty
Beautiful World
Georgia Warhorse
Sweetest Thing

(Ogden Theatre still to come.)
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #2 

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

6 shows in six days.......

to be continued.......

looking VERY forward to your updates DT - pictures welcome!!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #4 

JJ crooning Georgia Warhorse at Twist & Shout...

Luckily there was a park across the street and Firefly could land there.....and kind enough to introduce us to DT and wife.

Hopefully photo attachment is viewable.

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #5 
Here's the Set List for Ogden Theatre:

Georgia Warhorse
War
A Woman
Beautiful World
Country Ghetto
Circles
Hide & Seek
Everything Good Is Bad
Lochloosa
All
Orange Blossoms
Slow, Hot & Sweaty
Ho Cake
The Sweetest Thing
Hottest Spot In Hell
Brighter Days

1st Encore:
King Hummingbird
On Fire

2nd Encore:
Junior

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #6 
Just a mini review of the Twist & Shout Solo:

JJ walked out and tripped while stepping onto the stage, he didn't expect that many people to be there, his eyes got big when he turned and saw everyone then he stumbled onto the stage.  He said he wasn't expecting the turn out that he had.  Played 5 songs and hung around to sign autographs, chat, and take pictures.  Got to meet Firefly and Roy & Colleen for the first time, was a pleasure ya'll, we'll see you at the Mish tomorrow. 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #7 
Mini review of the Ogden Show:

The place was packed and the guys brought it big time.  They played for a good 2 1/2 hours, 2 encores and the crowd was into it.  I got video of both the solo and Ogden show that I will post when I get the chance.  Our guys are getting big, I would venture to guess that there was damn near a 1,000 people at the Ogden show and everyone was singing, dancing, and stayed well after the guys ended the second encore hoping for more.  You could tell JJ and the guys were impressed with the turn out and response.  Dennis and Art were all over the stage, Trube played the steel guitar like a mad man, Anthony F. was a master on the keys, AC was smiling, and the new guy on the bass was killer!  JJ doesn't play guitar much anymore, he just owns the stage and sings his heart out.  I would have to say that the venue and the turn out definitely made for one hell of a show and the guys keep getting better and better even though it doesn't seem possible.  On to the Mish tomorrow and then back to AZ for those shows soon. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 
Wow--19 songs. Avg has been 17 for quite a while. Sounds like one helluva show!!

Quote:
JJ doesn't play guitar much anymore 
  Hmmmm...I think that may have been an anomaly. I don't know. He's been playing the shit out of it at shows we've been to this year. But maybe JJ's handing guitar more over to Trube so he can focus more on signing.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #9 

You done good on the photo there rrr. As for FF, yeah it's pretty amazing but she can put that thing down without needing a lot of area.

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #10 

Thx MF1.....we'll get some more at Mish...might be the last show up there for a while......it is a beautiful location...

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #11 
After watching the Telluride show online Sat night I now see what DT is talking about. JJ's having Trube handle a lot more guitar duty. It's seems to have been a transition from no more keys and playing a lot of guitar to playing less guitar and focusing more on singing and now even more so. Trube is cutting loose. He was beating his goddam lap steel guitar on the stage floor during a solo! It was so awesome I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or jump up and down and dance so I did all the above.

But back to my point, by handing the lead guitar duties over to Andrew more often then JJ has the chance to cut loose and really let his voice shine through.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #12 
here is JJ on the geetar for Lochloosa, love that man!!!
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter