Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #21 

Have a great time tonight Hippie Dluxe (like the screen name).  And welcome to our  lil forum of Mofro-mania!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Hippie Dluxe

Reply with quote  #22 
Thank you for the warm welcome MofroFan1 & Sunshine. I'm happy to be apart of this Mofro forum. Wish you guys could be here with us in Solona Beach, Ca. Hopefully we can run into DT & d.o.e. Can anyone tell me what they look like...female or male?

I'm a long haired guy with some grey, I'm 51 but I look much younger and I'll be the fool spinning like a top. I usually hang in the back of the venue for more dance and spinning space. Since we don't get Mofro out here on the west coast much I may have to get up front at least once tonight. I've seriously thought about moving to the south just so I could see Mofro much more. Rachel and I went to the Wanee Music Festival this year so we could see Mofro. What a treat it was to see JJ play Lochloosa acousticly. All the band members stepped off stage and it was just JJ and his guitar...WOW!! Brought tears to my eyes. It was very cool to see him perform Lochloosa in Florida. Loved it there, so many friendly people camping there at Wanee.

We may travel up the coast tomorrow to see Mofro play at the Filmore, playing that one by ear.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #23 
If it's not too late, DT is tall, like 6'3 or 6'4 and he's about 30. d.o.e. is blonde, avg height, avg weight, late 30s and very sexy. In fact, she looks a lot like the person in this pic (...on the right)
JJ Grey & Mofro--Skipper's Smokehouse, Jan 2 09
Hippie Dluxe

Reply with quote  #24 
thank you MF1...I'll keep my eyes peeled for the very sexy blonde. Rachel and I will be hitting the road for the journey south in about fifteen minutes. Grooving to "Blackwater" right now!!

Let the Mofro boogie grove you.

circular motion always
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
d.o.e. is blonde, avg height, avg weight, late 30s and very sexy. In fact, she looks a lot like the person in this pic (...on the right)

well Jesus.... you could have used a photo where my eyes didnt look posessed..

Loved the late 30's description Clayster..

I ALWAYS look out for the long haired Hippies-kinda drawn to them.. so I'm sure I'll find them.

Check my Facebook peeps- I'll do some drunken mobile uploads

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e
Quote:
d.o.e. is blonde, avg height, avg weight, late 30s and very sexy. In fact, she looks a lot like the person in this pic (...on the right)

well Jesus.... you could have used a photo where my eyes didnt look posessed..

Loved the late 30's description Clayster..

I ALWAYS look out for the long haired Hippies-kinda drawn to them.. so I'm sure I'll find them.

Check my Facebook peeps- I'll do some drunken mobile uploads

great uploads!!! 

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #27 
Great time last night, it was proof that JJ can rock a show even without his voice. Like the pro he is, he battled through like a Georgia Warhorse and hung out to chat and sign everything put in front of him for well over 100 fans. Sammigrrl, her friend, my ladyfriend and I got the pleasure of talking to JJ last before the venue, which had already closed down, finally said we had to go. JJ really felt bad about not having his voice and the cancelled solo show. They opened with War and JJ missed a note or two to start. He took out his frustration on his guitar then lead into Diyo Dayo. He blew the shit outta his harp and then ca
E

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #28 
Sorry about the split posts, I'm posting from my iPod touch, once I get to a real keyboard, I'll tid them up. Just wanted to post a few things that I feel need to be said before then. I digress. After Diyo Dayo was EGIB and JJ started to belt out a few lyrics and nothing came out. He stopped, was obviously frustrated and tried again, nothing came out. He turned and left the stage. Art and Dennis stepped up to belt out some solos, Trube and Anthony followed. In the back you could see JJ frantically going back and forth looking for something win Colin. He came back out with a plastic cup of a familiar liquid and the guys held quiet for a bit.

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #29 
JJ told the crowd about his voice and how like DOE said, it was being a little bitch. Truth be told, he's been getting his ass kicked on this tour with all the shows, giving it his all, and going from 9,000 ft elevation to sea level, then back up and down. On to the dry desert and out to the coast. He even passed up a chance to surf in order to rest his voice. He said while he has been run into the dirt with his voice, he would still do everything he could to put on a show for us and he sure did. While he wasn't hitting notes he normally does, JJ and the guys really stepped up and rocked it. It was a different vibe but in a good way. I've been waiting to hear Blackwater and excuse my French, but they fucking rocked the shit out of it! Y'all will know what I'm talking about when I post the video of it. I'll post the setlist on the next post. One thing to think of when you are looking at it is, how many bands/musicians do you know that with a blown out voice would play a setlist like this one, hang out, sign, take pictures, chat, and thank you for coming and staying for the show? Well, I can only think of one and that is because I was there. We are damn lucky to be fans of JJ and the guys, because they are no doubt, a band, a show, shit, an event like no other. DOE could not have said it any better, JJ Grey & Mofro kick ass in every sense of the phrase.

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #30 
Belly Up Setlist:
War
Diyo Dayo
EGIB
Lochloosa
Hide & Seek
Fireflies
Georgia Warhorse
A Woman
Lullaby
All
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Hottest Spot in Hell
Ho Cake
The Sweetest Thing
Blackwater
Encore:
On Fire

King Hummingbird cut from encore most likely for voice restrictions.

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #31 
Finally, I have a ton of pics and video from the past week that I will post when I get home and sort through it all. It's been a week I will never forget, not only the caliber of the performances, but meeting everyone and hanging out with the guys was more than I could have ever imagined. The time of my life, it seems to be a common theme everytime I get the chance to see JJ Grey and Mofro, I can't wait until I get yet another chance to see the guys in Chicago. I have no doubt that another unforgettable experience is bound to be had.

d.o.e

Reply with quote  #32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Belly Up Setlist:
War
Diyo Dayo
EGIB
Lochloosa
Hide & Seek
Fireflies
Georgia Warhorse
A Woman
Lullaby
All
Slow Hot & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Hottest Spot in Hell
Ho Cake
The Sweetest Thing
Blackwater
Encore:
On Fire

King Hummingbird cut from encore most likely for voice restrictions.

shit...I totally dont remember All????
and the trippy little intro on the encore- I could have sworn would be Nare Sugar..damn it!

DT- you and your lovely lady Gloria are the best...would hang w/ you anytime!!!
d.o.e

Reply with quote  #33 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
excuse my French, but they fucking rocked the shit out of it! 

Is that French DT???
hahaha
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #34 
Wow. Y'all did a great job at making me feel like I missed something. Indeed what other band would do what they did and rocked the house no matter what. JJ--and all the guys--are class acts man. I'll defer to DOE on the "he's so cute" comment, I think I speak for the majority of guys that we don't see JJ as "cute" in any sense of the word. But she sure as hell is a professional and a compassionate one at that.

Damn, even with his voice being "a little bitch" they still did 17 songs. I've been keeping track of the avg club venue setlists for the past year-ish and the number is 17.  (They been stretching an extra song or 2 in on this tour.)

It sounds like everybody had a blast and it's so cool that the Mofro community stretches from coast to coast!
d.o.e

Reply with quote  #35 

Quote:
I'll defer to DOE on the "he's so cute" comment, I think I speak for the majority of guys that we don't see JJ as "cute" in any sense of the word.

he's so cute as in... I would like to give him a hug and a big bowl of pasta...

and really.... all you guys have a man crush on JJ...you just wont admit it

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #36 
no...I won't admit it.

a big bowl of pasta?
d.o.e

Reply with quote  #37 

Quote:
no...I won't admit it.

admitting it is the first step Clayster...

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #38 
Pasta is the answer to many things!!!

At least my Italian step grandma used to think so!

d.o.e

Reply with quote  #39 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mofro ho
Pasta is the answer to many things!!!

see...girls know these things...

boys are dumb
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e

[and really.... all you guys have a man crush on JJ...you just wont admit it

LOL!! I concur with you DOE, totally!!

Thank you DT and Doe for your detailed reviews and stories and for also showing my buddy Rob a great time!   He said he had such a great time with you guys and all the songs about Florida hit home with him and he says he is going to make a trip back home soon.  I think I will tell him to go when Our Boys hit Skippers!!

This band never ceases to amaze me with their talents and dedication to their fans. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter