Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 
Had a blast last night with Liz, Lil Mofro Ho, my sister, DT was there too!  So our board was well represented!  Had a bit of trouble early on with the feed, but we hung in there and was glad we did.  There was such an energy at that show.  It has been since the Freebird NYE run that I have had the pleasure of hearing/seeing a live Mofro show.  I damn near forgot how energizing they are!!  I had my headphones on so the rest of the family could sleep and I was just a groovin away.  The crowd was on and the horn section was amazing!!  Anthony on the keys was phenomenol last night and they played a tight set.  I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!  talk about "feel that vibe, Lord feel that vibe!"

I should have written down the songs as they were played, but did not, so this is what I remember:

opened with Ybor City and closed with Everything Good Is Bad and in between was:
 Mississippi
Ho Cakes
Air
Brighter Days
Lochloosa
Dirtfloorcracka
War
Country Ghetto (I think)
I Believe
The Sweetest Thing
Gotta Know
Orange Blossoms
On Fire - Great story too about how his Daddy has no idea he tells this story - can't wait to hear it again if it gets on the LMA
a wonderful redition of Happy Birthday!!!!!
A Woman

JJ kept on commenting on how hot is was, so we know he was happy.  He also said that it was nice to look out and see a bunch of women all sweaty....like they was doing yoga.....
 can't wait to hear JesseJames review!!

God Bless the tapers and the folks responsible for providing the live feed!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 
I got setlist from Bowwow this a.m. Yours might be more accurate tho Sun. The lists we get from the dawg are from the list that gets put out on stage. But we know how JJ likes to change things up so it ain't usually the same as the final.

1. ybor city
2. i believe
3. mississippi
4. a woman
5. wylf
6. war
7. lochloosa
8.sweetest thing
9. country ghetto
10. ho cake
11. air
12. orange blossoms
13. on fire 
14. brighter days
e: gotta know
e2: everything good is bad

Shows have been running 17 songs. Must've jammed on one a bit longer last nite...?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Sounds like all you kids had a goot-time!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #4 
My internet cut out at midnight, after fiddling with it for 15 minutes, I had to throw in the towel.  The first hour was great though, I think I lost contact around Country Ghetto.  Broadcast was a little sketchy, no video, just audio.  It cut in and out, but when it was playin it was great.  Our web angel came on and messed with his connection and I think we had 3 solid songs without a glitch.  You take what you can get!!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #5 
Indeed, ho, indeed! That sounds real similar to what happened at Tip's a couple months back. I don't know squat about streaming and all that so I can't add anything to the conversation.

I do have a question though ho: do you live so far out in the sticks that they turn your internet access off after midnight. Do your phones still work after midnight? Hot and cold running water?
phanophish

Reply with quote  #6 
Got my recording up on the Archive. Sorry about the early stream issues. We were using a local WiFi hotspot early and changed to a tethered cell phone connection when it kept buffering and dropping and that was much more reliable.  Not what I expected but now I know.  Glad you all enjoyed it!

http://www.archive.org/details/mofro2010-06-25.mbho_ka200n&reCache=1

JJ Grey & Mofro
2010-06-25
The Crossroads
Kansas City, MO
Taped By Brian Price
brian@liverecording.org

Do not sell this recording.
Please trade as high quality FLAC files.

MBHO KA200N/MB603>Edirol R44 @16/44.1
EQ in Audacity>Tracked in CDWav>Flac

01 Intro
02 Ybor city
03 I Believe
04 Mississippi
05 A Woman
06 What You're Lookin For
07 War
08 Lochloosa
09 The Sweetest Thing
10 Dirtfloorcracka
11 Country Ghetto
12 Ho Cake
13 Air
14 Orange Blossoms
15 On Fire
16 Brighter Days
17 I Know More Than You
18 Everything Good is Bad
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Quote:
It has been since the Freebird NYE run that I have had the pleasure of hearing/seeing a live Mofro show.

Thanks for the scoop Sunny. But....haven't you seen the guys in Greenville and the Tampa Bluesfest since Freebird?  lol, why yes, yes I have.  I was commenting to Gregg how long it has been and he agreed.  must be one of those senior moments or brain farts one has after they turn 40.........

How was the quality of the webcast? I hope it was better than the yuck that comes out of Tipitina's. That's always a dissapointment--great club, awful webcasts.  the quality varied - was clear in the beginning and had some major issues  on and off the worst right before Lochloosa, maybe a 7 min lapse or so.....rebooted and from there on in the quality was incredible!! no more problems at awl.... no static and you could hear clearly every word  JJ spoke and all notes being belted out of every instrument or vocal box was superoir.  it was just audio, but not a complaint from me!! 

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanophish
Got my recording up on the Archive. Sorry about the early stream issues. We were using a local WiFi hotspot early and changed to a tethered cell phone connection when it kept buffering and dropping and that was much more reliable.  Not what I expected but now I know.  Glad you all enjoyed it!

thank you so much phano for supplying the stream and your efforts to see it coming ~ there were I think 10 people tops during the show listening to the audio cast.  only 6 at the end.

Thank you DT for finding the info and sharing!!  I had such an unexpected wonderfully fun time last night with Liz, LMH, and my sister, and you too phano.

never thought I would be listening and enjoying a live as you listen Mofro show with some very special people to me and LOVING it!!!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

I do have a question though ho: do you live so far out in the sticks that they turn your internet access off after midnight. Do your phones still work after midnight? Hot and cold running water?

Ha ha!
I do live pretty far out and my internet usually stays on till about at least 1am ! 
We just got the running water working for us a couple months back.  All is good in hickville.
Phano- thanks for the broadcast, your are the web angel I was referring to.  I hope you were able to chill and relax once you got the better connection going.
FireFly

Reply with quote  #10 
oh man I missed a live webcast online party?
 I was a party in delray beach on somebody private property, the heavy pets played all night, killed it too!

when I'm with you,
it's a beautiful world .."
FireFly

Reply with quote  #11 

sooo jj was hot but he didn't take his shirt off this time?

when I'm with you,
ares77

Reply with quote  #12 

Thanks phanophish!  Great show!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

Welcome phanophish! Pleased to have you aboard and MUCH appreciated for taping and for posting it here so quick. You satisfied some joneses with this.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #14 
Listened to this show today...whew, that 3rd guitar on stage is hot! Trube is laying down some licks. Great job again to phanophish.

One quick correction to the songlist: song 17 is "Gotta Know"

And in typical MofroFans.com fashion there's not one, but 2 threads about the song:
http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4459969

http://forums.mofrofans.com/post?id=4713840

(If anybody wants to know something about a song chances are it's here or on our old message board. If not, somebody will know the answer.)
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly

sooo jj was hot but he didn't take his shirt off this time?

What are we gonna do with you??

FireFly

Reply with quote  #16 

HEY I'm not the one takin my shirt off, and if I was , you be talkin about it too..!!

when I'm with you,
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:

HEY I'm not the one takin my shirt off, and if I was , you be talkin about it too..!!

ha ha, good point Firefly!!

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #18 

Just starting to listen to this show with my coffee and drive my co-workers crazy!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:

Too funny, but I was talkin about how you (and most of you women) go all ga-ga over JJ without a shirt. So when we're together at Windjammer you better take a cold shower ahead of the show cause I'm gonna take my shirt off too.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter