Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 

Upon listening to this song and just playing around with it for a little bit, it sounds like it is just three major chords for the entire song, just played in different combinations.

The song is in the key of C

The chords you will use are C - F - Bb   (all major chords)

Start with the F and C for the verses and drop down to the Bb to go into the chorus.

On the Chorus and Transitions, drop to the Bb and then back to the C and F afterwards. 

I will post more on this when I have more time to mess around with it.

All that you'd have said I don't really give a damn, I'm lovin' every minute...

Live the life you want while you're here...

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #2 
With the guys together now and adding The Sweetest Thing to thier rotation, they've added a few things to the song from the version JJ was playing on his solo run. 

The intro part, single notes on the guitar to open are very easy and simple. 

The single notes played are: ( . . for note duration)

C - C - E - G - Bb . . A . . F - E

C - C - E - G - Bb . . A . . F - E

C - C - G - F

Chords for Verse and Chorus:

F
Down by the sea
                   C
Starin' at the sunset
F
All those colors and light
                                  C
Like a flame through the heart
        Bb                        F                     C
But I never saw a sunset woman, til I met you
Bb                          F                           C    
You're the Sweetest Thing, the Sweetest Thing

Repeat for each verse/chorus

Only other variation is the bridge

Here the addition of the Eb chord to the rotation

the chord progression for this part where JJ sings about being a 'Deadman running all my life" is

F - Eb - C  repeated until you jump back into the chorus and the Bb - F - C progression to end out the song.

Any of you guitar players trying the solo, just play the blues/pentatonic scale in C major and have at it. 

All that you'd have said I don't really give a damn, I'm lovin' every minute...

Live the life you want while you're here...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter