Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 8     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #81 
Thank you Liz!  Sounds like you had a blast.

Y'all, briggzz done has a video up.  Dig JJ playing acoustic.  Other than solo gigs JJ's not brought out the acoustic much in the past year. I asked him about that a couple months ago and he said most likely that would change.  Looks like it did.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #82 

DofE...I know you mean that in the nicest possible way.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #83 
And thanks Lochloosa for being the first to check in and giving us some scoop!!
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #84 
good to see the guys are back in full force and chalk full of surprises.  Hilarious that what Daryl does seems to be the biggest news of the night.  I remember talking to Art about this site and whether or not he checked in on it at all and he said, every once in a while, but definitely not frequently.  He said he can only read so much about Daryl's pants!  Which begs the question, with Daryl standing, was he wearing his corduroys?   

Thanks for the setlist whereuat, was curious as to whether they would play any new songs, but looks like King Hummingbird and Tupelo Honey were the only ones on or possibly on the new album that they played.  I'm excited to see what they do with the horns on Hide N Seek.  I think that song sets up perfectly for the brass. 

Anyone know if there are/were any tapers there?

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #85 
Who WAS that guy and what did they do with the real Daryl??
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #86 
Being the Moderator, am I going to have to seperate and calm you two down?  (Clay & DoE)    

hohum...  you see what the lack of Mofro does to people?  It's a recipe for ruffled feathers and short fuses.   That and I think Clay is trying to get pay back for his dry cleaning service being kyboshed...   

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #87 

He started it DT....

Ps ...any shoe report?
Boots or tennies?

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #88 

Quote:
He said he can only read so much about Daryl's pants!
Although he will deny it, Art is one of the funniest SOB's you'll ever meet in your life. Seriously.  I spit my coffee just reading what DT said that Art said cause I can her Art saying it in his slight Memphis drawl and with a straight face.

Quote:
Which begs the question, with Daryl standing, was he wearing his corduroys?
   First thing I noticed after seeing him standing. Showed the pic to my trophy wife and her false teeth fell out and hit the floor. Then we both noticed that yes indeed he's got on his lucky pair of rust-colored cords!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #89 

Quote:
He started it DT....
   Did not.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #90 
Hey...did y'all notice something round here this mornin??  It's quiet.  What's up with...OHHHHHHH, that's right, Sunshine is on the road to Florida today!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Ps ...any shoe report?
Boots or tennies?
He was probly barefoot because SOMEBODY did pick up his boots and tennies from the cleaners!!!
d.o.e

Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Quote:
He started it DT....
   Did not.

did to.....

d.o.e

Reply with quote  #93 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Quote:
Ps ...any shoe report?
Boots or tennies?
He was probly barefoot because SOMEBODY did pick up his boots and tennies from the cleaners!!!

I'd pick up his cleaning ANY day..and deliver!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #94 
HA...I bet you WOULD!

did to...
Briggzz

Reply with quote  #95 
Daryl was even jamming a little harder than normal in a couple places. I was watching Andrew, AC and Art as they looked at each other like  ??WTF??  it was fantastic!

Just bought my tickets for Charlotte tonight

You got one video, here is the second

Both should have 1080P options for viewing.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #96 

Very nice briggzz.  I knew you'd go tonite. And tomorrow?????  (Last nite was a sellout btw.)

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #97 

You two kids!!! 

Don't make me turn this car around!  If yous keep it up, I reckon I'm gonna have to grab my belt cuz yous be cruisin' for a bruisin'!!!!

What is it with yous kids these days, no respect?  I remember back in my day it was walking to school up hill both ways in 8 feet of snow and if you back talked or fought with your siblings, it was a whupin' you'd remember...  So let that be a lesson you two..        

"Gal Youngin' and I'll whup ya..."

Briggzz

Reply with quote  #98 
Hell ya! Glad it was a sellout! Greenville DOES have taste afterall! I wonder sometimes

I don't know about Saturday just yet. Are you going to that show Clay? I am bringing 2 first timers to Charlotte tonight!

On a side note, the Manager at the Handlebar is a friend and I told her about a certain poster I wanted on the doors to the concert hall and she politely walked over and ripped it off the door for me. (I love her)  I will take a pic of it and put it up. I've never seen that particular poster before. It's of JJ holding a guitar but he is kind of leaning against a wall. Cool stuff.

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #99 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE King Hummingbird!

Love it !!!!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

You two kids!!! 

Don't make me turn this car around!  If yous keep it up, I reckon I'm gonna have to grab my belt cuz yous be cruisin' for a bruisin'!!!!

What is it with yous kids these days, no respect?  I remember back in my day it was walking to school up hill both ways in 8 feet of snow and if you back talked or fought with your siblings, it was a whupin' you'd remember...  So let that be a lesson you two..        

"Gal Youngin' and I'll whup ya..."

Sorry I've been so long in responding. I was sent to my room with no supper. I promise that we'll be better cause I don't wanna walk in no 8 feet of snow.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter