Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #1 
Finally the Florida panhandle (aka southern Alabama) is getting a show!

Feb 1
Seville Quarter (Phineas Phogg's Room)
Pensacola
Tickets

swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #2 

Ahh, P'cola, my old stomping grounds.  They have actually played P'cola once or twice....it's been a few years ago though.  I went to the Mofro website to see the last time they played there, but it seems the old tour archive is gone...or has been moved.  Maybe I'll head back home in Feb to see the boys play.  The club used to have a TINY stage, sure hope they've made it bigger or the band will have a hard time fitting everyone on it.

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 
I forgot that was your old family stomping grounds up there Stan. Sounds like old home week to me.  You're right...they can't add any more band members or they won't fit into have the places they play. Skipper's is gonna be a challenge for them.
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #4 
http://www.sevillequarter.com/rooms/phineas-phoggs

The above address is a link to Phineas Phoggs at Seville Quarter.  They have a virtual tour that lets you do a 360 degree panoramic view of the club.  Looks as if the stage is still TINY....gonna be interesting to see how they get all the band on it....gonna be like sardines!

Reply with quote  #5 
hhhmmmmmm..... that's my birthday..... might have to do something about that

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 
Stan that's very cool, thanks!

gracy that'd be a nice little b'day present huh? We'd go but there's a little thing called a 5 hour drive that gets in the way.
gracyjj

Reply with quote  #7 
I'm thinking of doing the Texas shows leading up to the Pensacola show. Still planning it out, so far my magic eight ball says "all signs point to yes." If all goes well, then it should be one hell of a way to start my next year of living!

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

I had an 8 ball once. Then came the injury and now I've just got a 4 ball.

AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #9 
Hey! I just found out my night class was cancelled. I could conceivably leave New Orleans in time to make it to this show. It's a 3 1/2 hr drive. And Kerry says he'll be co-pilot. I heard from Vikki that she'll be there to celebrate her b-day. Is anyone else going?
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsyAshley
Hey! I just found out my night class was cancelled. I could conceivably leave New Orleans in time to make it to this show. It's a 3 1/2 hr drive. And Kerry says he'll be co-pilot. I heard from Vikki that she'll be there to celebrate her b-day. Is anyone else going?

There's definitely something wrong with this... I mean we LIVE in Florida, and this show is in Florida, yet it's almost FOUR HOURS LONGER for us to get there from Tampa than from New Orleans?!!!! 

Really wanted to see this place, too!  But 7.5 hrs EACH WAY on a Tuesday nite ain't working out for me!

Reply with quote  #11 
Yes, I know, TW! There was something wrong with y'all not being there! The show was phenomenal -- really! Maybe my favorite ever! Here's the set list.

Seville Quarter, Feb. 1, 2011

GA Warhorse (Trube smeared his lap steel against the brass railings! WTF!)
War
DFC
A Woman (best version I've ever heard)
Hide & Seek
Country Ghetto
Beautiful World
Higher You Climb (Great! But I miss the talk box)
WYLF (crowd participation was unprecedented!)
Lochloosa
Ybor City
Everything Good
Slow Hot Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Ho Cake
Sweetest Thing
E:
Fireflies
On Fire

JJ just went home for 2 days, so he was refreshed and happy from seeing family. When he sang Sweetest Thing, he was smiling and laughing the whole time -- certainly thinking of his little one. I thought the venue was really cool, and the crowd was great. It might have been the smokiest Mofro show I have been to. They even requested before the show for people up front to not smoke out of consideration for the band. That didn't last long. Kerry and I had a great time. And we bumped into Vikki afterwards! Happy Birthday, girl!

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #12 

wooo hooo a fresh from the concert review!!!!  The best show you ever saw, you say that alot, did you know that

I just CAN'T wait for tomorrow night!! 

What an awesome setlist too, Fireflies - Ho Cake -

Opening with Georgia Warhorse is just fantastic,

saw a show or two that GW was the opener and  it just sets the stage for a rippin show!

Thank you Miss Ashley!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #13 

Nice Ash! I believe we're running neck and neck on shows this year. Number 4 for us will be the Bamboo room coming up. But u keep doing what you're doing and you're gonna take the lead.

gracyjj

Reply with quote  #14 
Dispite the nasty weather in the beginning, this show was great! Trube was off the chain! And Dennis wailed on that trump of his. The venue was pretty cool, tiny stage but that didn't stop the guys from shakin and groovin up there. They are getting better at bowing together at the end the show was so great, I decided to take a little detour home and currently chillin at the mellow mushroom across the street from the venue tonight in Auburn! Woot!

Admin
Reply with quote  #15 

Thanks Vick. And happy birthday! So you detoured all the way to Auburn huh? Uhhhhhh...that's not on the way home to Tampa. You know that right? Well have fun and thanks for checking in!

AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #16 
Wow Vikki! Change of plans, eh? Have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it! I know, Sunshine, I have been saying that a lot lately. I guess it's because the band is getting better and better. Just when you think they can't get any better! I'm on cloud 9 with all these shows. When you see 4 Mofro shows in 2 wks, it makes you crave them and miss them even more, I think! I am sinking into withdrawals!
AntsyAshley

Reply with quote  #17 
So, I found some photos from this show. Be sure to check out # 21-23 to see Trube shredding on the rail!

Nevermind. Try this: http://www.gopensacola.com/section/gopensacola08. The Mofro show is featured. Or find it by date from Feb. 1.
swkelley

Alumni/Assoc Professor
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #18 

Ashley.....3-1/2 hours from NOLA to P'cola....damn, ya'll must have been creepin'. We used to do that trip all the time to catch the Radiators in the Big Easy......average time of trip.....just about 2-1/2 hours!

Reply with quote  #19 
We drove anywhere from 75 - 85 mph. You musta been flying, Stan!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter