Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #21 

Seriously? I didn't see that. I'm pretty sure that since it stops in Mexico you have to have a passport. But I don't know for sure. Anybody got a solid answer??

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #22 

Yep, I see where you saw that. Says same thing on Carnival's site. I sit corrected.

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #23 
I'm pretty sure you need a Passport if you plan on doing anything off the boat in Cozumel.  I called them and asked before booking and they said that you should bring everything you have just in case. 

If they have customs officers in the port, you definitely need a passport. 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #24 

On second thought I'm down with DT. I think you'd be best to call Sixthman to ask them for sure Toll Free Number: 1-877-379-9184

My last experience in Cozumel was spent at a hospital. I had severe stomach pains the night before and the ship's doctor thought I might have kidney stones and  requested I go to the hosp when we got to port (yeah they can do that.) Don't get me started on the conditions of the hospital. Long story short, no stones and found out when I got back it was a urinary tract infection. Bottom line is this: if I had had any condition that could turn into an emergency or require surgery then they wouldn't have let me back out on the cruise. (Yeah they can do that too.) You gotta pack ur shit and fly home. And if you ain't got a passport boy are you gonna have trouble doing that. I'm not sure which the bigger problem would be: getting out of Mexico or into the U.S.

(And, btw, Mexican hospitals accept visa and mastercard. The doctors...? Cash. That's it. No shit. And this was the private hospital in town. Nothing like dropping an unexpected extra grand on a cruise.)
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #25 

thanks for the info guys,

but IF,

and it's a big if, 

we win, it shall be a shell of a spending spree and decided since it would cost a small fortune to re-apply (as our passports are past the 15 yr mark) and have the passports on time, that we would hang on the boat instead of heading into mexico.  if need be I can call 6th-man and doooble check.  don't want to "plan on going" too much, gotta let the forces of nature take, wheel, thar natural course.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
harmonicasp20

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
Hey harmonicasp20, did you find a cabin mate yet or still waiting?

DT, still waiting. About the only way I can go is to win one of these raffles which I know is a long shot.
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #27 
Hey All:
Technically most of the info regarding passports here is correct. Must you absolutely have one to go on the cruise? No. Must you have one to go into Cozumel and then get back on the ship? No. They do have customs officers at the port but they are at the gangway, so they are tight there with the Carnival folks. Carnival checks your paperwork prior to boarding in Tampa, and as you leave the ship to go into port, they ping your Carnival Sign & Sail card. So technically all you need to get back on the ship is your Sign & Sail card.

Having said all of that, I always take our passports with us when leaving the ship. Clay gave a very good example of a situation where unfortunately you might need to secure other transportation back into the US and that would be a HUGE hassle w/o a passport.

We all assume that we're going to go into port, do your excursion, and get back onboard without any issues. But you really never know what could happen and you really don't want to be in another country, especially Mexico, without your passport!

Reply with quote  #28 

so today is 'pose to be the day they inform the winners of the cabins ....... good luck to everyone, especially me!!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #29 

Sad news to report Sunshine........someone by the name of Stacy Jo Wright won the Rombello Cabin from All Access Tampa! Let me clarify that, it's sad news for you but WONDERFUL news for Stacy Jo. I wonder if she is a forum member or lurker?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #30 

If someone knows StacyJo let us know because we wanna know cause we don't know StacyJo but we wanna know StacyJo cause we'd know if we'd know and then everyone could know if they wanted to know StacyJo!

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #31 

Very well said Clay! Those were my thoughts exactly! Lol

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #32 

I KNOW!

helix77

Reply with quote  #33 
You 'Gotta Know'!

Admin
Reply with quote  #34 

nice touch helix!

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

If someone knows StacyJo let us know because we wanna know cause we don't know StacyJo but we wanna know StacyJo cause we'd know if we'd know and then everyone could know if they wanted to know StacyJo!

You know, you know, you know....what StacyJo is talkin' about.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #36 

IndyMofro'er knows!

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

IndyMofro'er knows!

Troof.
Sunshine

Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles

Sad news to report Sunshine........someone by the name of Stacy Jo Wright won the Rombello Cabin from All Access Tampa! Let me clarify that, it's sad news for you but WONDERFUL news for Stacy Jo. I wonder if she is a forum member or lurker?

waaaaaa

but what about the other contest??!!  there were two, anyone know about the other one??  There is still a chance, how slight it may be .........

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #39 

Gaelic Storm (which was the other cabin contest) chose their winner a few weeks ago. But I have something up my sleeve to try and get you on that boat!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #40 

...she's always got sumthin up her sleeve. And I mean that in a positive way.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter