Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #1 
hey Gang, I stumbled onto this tonight, after the nine kids dwindled down to just two...mine. Plus, after having seen Lukas Nelson and his band "Promise of the Real" this week, and seeking to find some videos(Great show I might add, cool guys, got their cd...autographed it, and talked a bit, asked if they knew of JJ grey and Mofro, talked Hammond B3 and of course they knew JJ,) all of this plus our friends dying to see the show in May, made me think of the archived shows, and what one was it that JJ tells the story during the superBowl gig, where his Dad saw him on tv and heard him cuss ?
Anyways, one of you bright souls will know the answer I know it.  Oh hell again, what about the post on here or the old site, that talked about southern cussing...the use of the words shiiit, f_ck, god damn..... man I can't remember where I saw that...anyone know of I am talking about ?
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Hey there Richard!  long time no type to, lol.  I don't recall the show you speak of, but would love to hear the story, so I dew hope someone jumps in to let us know which show.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
hey Gang, I stumbled onto this tonight,
  Is there sumthin missing Richard?

Quote:
  made me think of the archived shows, and what one was it that JJ tells the story during the superBowl gig, where his Dad saw him on tv and heard him cuss ? 

Oh god yes Richard. An absolutely awesome show. JohnDude taped it, skotdee transferred it, and there was not a sober person in the house that night including me, my trophy wife, john, skot, liz, oh shit way too many to name; AND including near all, if not all, the guys on stage.

The Social, Orlando, Feb 24, 2008. Three nights in a row...2 at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa and then an hour or so east in Orlando for the 3rd.  Kicked ass.  The song was Junior (track 17) I guarantee you it is one of the hottest Junior's you've ever heard.  And while you're there, listen to Harp & Drums too cause it's one of the best as well.

http://www.archive.org/details/JJGM2008-02-24.AKG481.flac16

Quote:
Oh hell again, what about the post on here or the old site, that talked about southern cussing...the use of the words shiiit, f_ck, god damn..... man I can't remember where I saw that...anyone know of I am talking about ?

Ah yes. How could I forget that?  That's where I explain how in the South we learned the proper grammatical uses for the word "shit" when we were in 3rd grade. (Some counties in Fla it was 4th grade; I won't name names or nothing but anyone on here from Sumter (Hog) county or Groveland or anywhere in Levy county will know what I'm talkin bout.) (Central Floridian inside joke there y'all, sorry.)

Here you go Richard:

In the South profanity is not meant to offend; it's just part of our everyday vocabulary.  It's part of our blood.

We don't say:  "The dog escaped and ran down the street."
We say: "That goddam dog dun run out the door and took off down the fucking street!"

Doesn't that sound, well...better?

Lastly, if not most importantly, the word "shit" is NOT a profanity! Anyone born in the South will tell you that. In the South, it's interchangeable with anything. It's just part of the vocabulary.  Not everyone is comfortable saying "fuck" at anytime, anywhere.  But "shit"......sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

In the South, we teach the proper uses of the word shit at an early age, in grade school.  Here you go...
(put on your best deep-South accent)

Noun: "Don't step in that pile of dog shit."

Verb: "I ain't shitting you, I done seen a flying seegar."

Adverb: "I done so shitty on my driving test they done took my fucking driver's license away."

Pronoun: "I shit, you shit, he shit, she shit, they shit, we shit, it shit."

Personal Pronoun: "That fucker over there thinks he's the shit."

Proper Noun: "Mr. Shithead"

Adjective: "I got so shit-faced at the Mofro New Year's Eve show that I threw up on JJ."

Preposition: "To get to the fishin' hole, we gonna have to hack through all this shit."

Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Reply with quote  #4 
This is what I meant to add lastnight...let's see if this works...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34958434
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter