Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
musiclovinmom

Reply with quote  #41 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme
I hear ya tox, my lady friend is the same way and in love with the same song, The Sun Is Shining Down. 

There are just so many to choose from... 

There you go with that "lady friend" again DT : )!!  Firefly and I definitely like that!!

kokopelli92

Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:

beautiful written, er typed koko!!  love your lines of thinking!

Well, thank you for the kind words Miss Sunshine! 

It was hard to pick just one.....damn, I thought JJ wrote all of the songs for me.   LOL..

Admin
Reply with quote  #43 

this is entirely too good of a thread to be at the bottom of page 2. thus a bump to the top is necess! (and much thanks to woo for starting such a great thread!)

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #44 

This thread is worth of another bump

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #45 

Today, I would have to say "Free" but ask me again tomorrow. JJ's catologue of material is just chock full of songs that I can relate to on a very personal level!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #46 

I still have to go with Everybody's. Different song, but for the same reasons that DT picked Brighter Days.

princessrayray

Reply with quote  #47 
I can't pick one, or two, or four.  Just like I can't recommend just one of the cd's. I love all of it, for different reasons, on different days.  If I had a gun to my head...I'd say Sun is Shining Down or Brighter Days...or a Woman...or WYLF...or King Hummingbird...or Orange Blossoms....dammit, see what I mean?  

♪♫ I just want to feel like I do when I'm with you, It's a beautiful world.
The darkness, it ain't so deep, So I reach and I reach and I reach, Higher, Set me free ♫♪
soulsurvivor

Reply with quote  #48 
No question, for me it's Brighter Days.  This was the first Mofro song I ever heard, and what devoted me to them for life.  I grew up on that river flowing north, and never wanted to move away.  Now I'm living on the other side of the country, and miserable.  I long for those brighter days spent in my childhood stomping grounds.  The good news is, my parents still live on that property, and I may be lucky enough to inherit the land when they are gone.  This fall I'll be moving back, and I pray I never have to leave it again.

ewerbeck

Reply with quote  #49 
Great thread idea... and I have to go with Lochloosa.

I'm from Ruskin, Fla... and I don't know if any of you are familiar... but Lochloosa reminds me of what Ruskin WAS. It was a small farming town outside Tampa near the bay until the housing boom. They started leveling everything and popping up cookie-cutter subdivisions at the expense of farmland for people who would catch the interstate to Tampa to work. So, Ruskin ended up on the fringe of development  when the bust hit... now is full of foreclosures and no jobs. I suppose that is the nature of development, or progress, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

So, if you live in a place you love, enjoy it while you can!
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #50 

Man you got that right ewerbeck. I live up toward Citrus Park. Been in NW Hillsborough since 1981 so I do remember Ruskin how it was. There used to be an old restaurant--served great fried chicken--there. Can't remember the name of it but it was old Florida. And boy do you got that right...greedy developers trying to make big bucks for themselves and/or stockholders. And now a bunch of empty houses with overgrown lawns, vandalized homes, homeowners' associations that can't keep up and on and on. New Florida. I'm afraid it's here to stay.

ewerbeck

Reply with quote  #51 
Hey MofroFan1, it's great to hear from someone who knows what I'm talking about. I still have a relative that is holding onto a fish farm in Ruskin, but it'll no doubt go under in the years coming. 

You're probably talk'n about The Coffee Cup... it was a Ruskin staple for decades. Used to go there all the time. Great home cook'n.

The only restaurant I know of that still exists from the old Ruskin era would be Marian's Sub Shop. It's a walk-in, order at the counter, walk out type place. They only serve one sandwich, and you get it either regular or deluxe (double meat)... and they don't use any condiments in their sandwiches, don't have them in the store, and get offended if you ask. Great place. I highly recommend any of you check it out if you're ever in South Hillsborough.

Check out this link (reviews)

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #52 

I read the review on Marian's. I'll def have to check it out next time I'm down ur way. Yep, it was the Coffee Cup. I was down that way for a meeting--it was maybe 93 or 94--and somewhere there said "c'mon I'll take you to lunch". I had no idea where he was taking me and once we got there I loved it. Never got back there again before they closed.

giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #53 
Well, the first time I met JJ, this is how he signed my setlist! So I feel a sort of affinity to "On Fire" though there are many, many other songs tht move me on an emotional level......Today I am madly in love with Dew Drops, it's just so damn haunting

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #54 
Lazy Fo' Acre   

Well, I don't know that JJ wrote that song for me, but he did sing it for me!!!  OK, maybe he didn't necessarily sing it for me, but I asked him to sing it and he did!  Eventually.  So what if he didn't sing the song just 'cause I asked him to (more than once) - perhaps he just felt like singing the song and I just happened to be at the venue.  What Ever

I like that song.  A LOT!!!
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Lazy Fo' Acre   

Well, I don't know that JJ wrote that song for me, but he did sing it for me!!!  OK, maybe he didn't necessarily sing it for me, but I asked him to sing it and he did!  Eventually.  So what if he didn't sing the song just 'cause I asked him to (more than once) - perhaps he just felt like singing the song and I just happened to be at the venue.  What Ever

I like that song.  A LOT!!!

oh, he sang that song for YOU,

he did he did, indeed he did!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I know he did, I just didn't want to make everyone else jealous  

(just kidding!!)

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I know he did, I just didn't want to make everyone else jealous  

(just kidding!!)

I think we awl would be happy for you!!

and just a tad jealous

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Got Mofro

Reply with quote  #58 

I remember the Coffee Cup in Ruskin. We lived in Apollo Beach from like 83 till 87.......I learned how to drive on the old dirt roads between there and Ruskin........good times and good peoples back then.  

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter