Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #21 
Wow, uhollis, that is quite the endorsement for solo shows.

And it looks like people just love the Bamboo Room

slick814

Reply with quote  #22 

I'd say you're nuts if'n you don't get tix and go!!!! I had the privilege of seeing JJ solo before I saw the whole band.... and I was blown away. It's definitely worth the price of admission X 10!!

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #23 

bobbyw24, I can't quite agree with hollis but i ain't gonna argue with him. he don't like it when we call him the man but he is the man. Indeed if you're gonna see JJ solo there's probly no better place anywhere than Bamboo. Like slick said, well worth the price. (don't always trust him tho; with a name like slick you never know.)

Bad Habit I'd trust, she knows of what she speaketh. For sureth.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #24 

bobbyw24, there just aren't words to describe a solo JJ show! (And that's saying a LOT for me, I can be very loquacious!) Let's put it this way, I have been known to travel a 1000+ miles to see solo JJ shows and I've ALWAYS walked away completely mesmerized! If you have the opportunity to make it to one of the Bamboo Room shows, DO IT. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #25 

giggles has traveled 1000 miles just to pinch JJ's butt and then turn around and go back.

bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #26 
Alright, That's it, I am going, Got my ticket at will call. Thanks for all of your input.
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

giggles has traveled 1000 miles just to pinch JJ's butt and then turn around and go back.

I have not pinched JJ's butt.......I know it doesn't seem it, but I actually do have some semblance of self control!

I look forward to meeting you bobbyw24!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #28 
bobbyw24 -

Oh, no!  I heard 7M3 is cancelled  
bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #29 

If that's the case--need a ride to Lake Worth?

soulsurvivor

Reply with quote  #30 
Hey Bobby, I'm a J-ville native, too.  Been listening to Mofro since 2007.  Discovered my best friend's husband played drums for them several years ago, and saw the band on his friends list on Myspace.  Gave them a click just to check out the music and was blown away.  I've been living in Cali for about a year now, and recently attended my first JJ show in Arcata.  I didn't even know it until we arrived at venue that it was a solo show.  I didn't know what to expect, but let me tell you, it was amazing!  Very intimate show, like watching a friend play.  And JJ has a huge energy about him when he plays.  He really sings his heart out.  Now I've never seen a show with a band (I will this New Years when I'm back in J-ville!), and I hear the band is amazing, too, but I must encourage you to check out a solo show.  You won't regret it!!!

bobbyw24

Reply with quote  #31 
Thanks, Soul. I got my tickets booked for a table on May 26--bringing a friend whom I turned onto JJ last year

In this video, JJ says ya GOTTA see the band at the Freebird. C'mon over in December and I'll get you a drink

#at=126

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #32 
Thanks bobby! Fabulous show. I was there a few back from the front center. I pppped the embed below.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #33 

It sure makes me miss Daryl.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw24

If that's the case--need a ride to Lake Worth?

Thanks, but I don't think it will work out this time.  Long story short, I will be driving home each night since I have to work.  It's gonna be rough but completely worth it

Looking forward to meeting y'all!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter