!

I

hope

we can sign

up more members

in the next month or so.

I would LOVE to see at least

700 members by the year's end!

So come on guys, come to Our Front Porch!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
loggerhead

Reply with quote  #2 

Hey everybody! This is my first time posting. Have been a BIG Mofro fan since about 4 years ago when a co-worker gave me a cd of them(Lochloosa). They are my favorite band ever! J.J. is so real and down to earth. We planned a weeks vacation in St.Augustine the first week of April as soon as we heard Mofro would be at Rhythm & Ribs that week. Reserved a condo & everything. What a bummer when they rescheduled the festival! Anyway, can't wait to see Mofro live again! Thanks for the welcome Sunshine!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

Morning Loggerhead!! Great to see ya posting. 

I am shure you know you are in the best place in the world to

learn, see, and hear about Our Boys. 

Keep on a posting! 

And hope you have a fantabulous Friday,

I know I will!

Vogel

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks everybody for the welcome ! Keep the spirit of brighter days !!
mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #5 

Idea,Just because. Pick the date or closest to the date this site will hit 700 members. Getting spring fever, starting to plan the road trips!

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 

I love it! We got a bunch from Europe recently which is so cool. We've only had a few up to now. I'm gonna abstain from picking a date lest someone think I got some sorta inside knowledge.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #7 
I almost missed welcoming loggerhead. Look forward to meeting you at R&R. If you haven't already, take a look at the thread for it. We got a roll call going there.

And as Sunny said, a welcome to all our new folks from near and far!
loggerhead

Reply with quote  #8 

Appreciate the welcome MofroFan1! We will be in St.A week after next on vacation but we are shooting for being back for R&R also. Will be looking forward to meeting you 2. A question. Have heard talk of another new album. Anybody know anything about it?

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the very warm welcome Y'all.  It' s a pleasure to me amongst  so many like minded Mofro fans! What next in the way of output? Are they workig on a new album?

Admin
Reply with quote  #10 
I haven't heard anything of a new album this year, but that don't mean a whole helluva lot. JJ said in a fairly recent interview that he's got like 30 songs he's got written and playing around with and whittling down. Anybody remember which interview that was and what all he said?

Based on Orange Blossoms and Ga Warhorse if it was coming out this year we'd probably be hearing rumors by now. Word gets out, sometimes from JJ himself. I think they announced those last 2 in like May or June...?...for release in late Aug. So I'm sadly not feeling too optimistic. But maybe we can hold out for a spring release next year instead of having to wait until late summer again.
loggerhead

Reply with quote  #11 

Hey,I can survive on the old albums as long as I have to. I NEVER get tired of them! May have to replace a couple of them though. They are wearin out!

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
I hear that loggerhead. I imagine you're already aware of the Live Music Archive aka the archive aka the LMA?
http://archive.org/details/JJGreyandMOFRO
loggerhead

Reply with quote  #13 

Sure am MofroFan1. I check it out every now & then.

Admin
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark&jilly

Idea,Just because. Pick the date or closest to the date this site will hit 700 members. Getting spring fever, starting to plan the road trips!

Okay I'll step up here. We stand at 584, 116 to get to 700. For my wild guess I'll pick Aug 17th.

USNRiverRat

Reply with quote  #15 
Ooohh well thanks for the warm welcome, I was welcomed on another thread and have been thoroughly impressed with knowledge and friendliness that everybody has offered which in my experience has been lacking in other forums. I will say MofroFan1 Aug 17 is an unlucky date lets move it to the 16 or 18 hahaha
I will be looking forward to meeting some of y'all at the rhythm and ribs fest! If I'd have been signed into the forum sooner I might have met some at the Mavericks show in Jax.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 
Thank you for your kind thoughts USNRiverRat. I've said several times that if not the best, this is certainly the friendliest and nicest forum on the net.

You can't be flipping and flopping all over the place. So which is it...the 16th or 18th. If you don't pick you can't win the prize.*

*Sunshine comes to your home and shows you and your family how to be an eternal optimist.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 
I said we were friendly and nice. Didn't say nuthin bout not being any smart-asses in the bunch, myself excluded of course.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
Thank you for your kind thoughts USNRiverRat. I've said several times that if not the best, this is certainly the friendliest and nicest forum on the net.

You can't be flipping and flopping all over the place. So which is it...the 16th or 18th. If you don't pick you can't win the prize.*

*Sunshine comes to your home and shows you and your family how to be an eternal optimist.

If that is indeed the prize Sir,

I hope you win!!

I think it would be a great challenge that I would love to conquer!!

Besides, I would love to see TW again!

USNRiverRat

Reply with quote  #19 
I say 18 sounds good. That way there's something to look forward to hahahah hopefully I'll win the prize. It doesn't seem so bad
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter