Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

Greeting!!

Upon wakening Saturday morning after a 10 hour nap, I felt better than I had in 3 weeks! Outside was a bit foggy but the air was cool and crisp.  Still have a bit of the crud, but am probably back to 85% healed.  I haven't been to the garden due to me being sick and partially to the weather.  I was stoked to work outside again and work for that feeling of accomplishment.

Gregg and I headed down to the garden about 9:30 am.  I noticed that the leafs were beginning to change and it was feeling like Fall!  It was perfect weather, cool but not cold, the sun felt inviting, but not quite warm.  We could hear Zach shooting hoops with Britt as  we were watching Sawyer ride his bike around our holler with Rylan.  I look over and see Angel basking in the warm rays from the glowing orb above.

I weeded for almost 3 hours, picked a bit of produce still clinging to its vines.   Took down the tomatoes and cukes.  I cleared out the squash bed and found a huge snake squash still a growing.  We will use this rather large one for seeds next year.  I filled up 4 wheelbarrows full of weeds, not including the dried and withered mater plants.  It was great to see the brussel sprouts getting closer to harvesting, those have taken the whole summer and they are not yet ready.  Little heads of broccoli coming in and our fennel will be utilized maybe some way tonight.  I was plum tuckered!  We came inside and had some lunch and against my better judgment, went back out to finish what I started and I came back in whooped.  I laid down and ended up taking an hour nap.  Felt good, but I don't like taking naps as it takes hours for me to "come out of it".

Feeling refreshed after my shower, it is 5 o'clock and as I sit here in my Life is Good comfy pants and my oversized Country Ghetto tee (much more comfortable than the medium sized one) sipping on a Pom Martini, reading the 3rd book in the Earth Children's series, I was feeling that sense of accomplishment and physical tiredness that I had been craving and missing since taking on the crud.  I rarely get sick and this one has just hung on.

Sunday started out magnificent! Slept for another 10 hrs!! The skies were unbelievable blue upon wakening.  We usually have the fog lingering in the mornings, but not today.  Had my cup of Javanese and started washing the bed sheets and headed outside to take down the pool, we pulled the plug yesterday and we are using this bright sunny day to help dry out the pool before we put it up til next summer.  Take less than 45 minutes to set up, but about 3 hrs to take down and put away properly.

After lunch we headed out for a family hike, wanted to take advantage of what beautiful days we have left before we will need to bundle up to head outdoors.  When we returned, Gregg and I headed down to the garden, him to get some peppers to stuff with cream cheese and pulled pork to smoke (ABT's), and I to get some fresh basil to make a batch of parm pistachio pesto for our gnocchi tonight.  Also, picked a head of crisp romaine for a salad using our last Market More 76 Cucumber and the last harvest of our tomatoes.

I love spending the weekends at home.  Kinda feels like a 48 hour retreat away from the real world.  Today seemed to last forever, just wish it could have.  But I know that is impossible and will just look forward to having an amazing week and soon to be weekend.  Til next time ............

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter