Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

worked in the garden, played in the yard.  Enjoyed the sounds of the crickets, katydids, & cicadas!!!  Slept in, listening to the rain ........ Played in the pool, plenty of housework.  Practice our competition quality apple cherry smoked chicken thighs with much success!!!  All in all, a great weekend!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
little flower

Reply with quote  #2 
I always enjoy your gardening pics.  I have 4 little raised beds and would love to someday garden on a larger scale.....but I'm the only one interested in gardening at my house! Gotta get the 7 and 3 yr. old trained. I've given up on the hubs!
Did your blueberries fair well this season?

Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower
I always enjoy your gardening pics.  I have 4 little raised beds and would love to someday garden on a larger scale.....but I'm the only one interested in gardening at my house! Gotta get the 7 and 3 yr. old trained. I've given up on the hubs!
Did your blueberries fair well this season?

Thanks Little Flower!  My hubby was actually the gardener and it has been two seasons now since I have really taken an interest in it. Lots to learn, and I love the solitude out there.  As far as our blueberries, not so much  I think the birds are enjoying them before they ripen ....... need to throw a net over them, but we will always have our figs come Fall.

little flower

Reply with quote  #4 

It is very enjoyable, but lots of hard work at the same time.  We had the best blueberry crop in ten years here in middle TN. Figs, yummy!  Are they hard to grow?

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by little flower

It is very enjoyable, but lots of hard work at the same time.  We had the best blueberry crop in ten years here in middle TN. Figs, yummy!  Are they hard to grow?

our figs took about 2-3 seasons before they began to produce fruit and it was slow at first, the bushes were small. Last year was our breakout season of the figs!  one of our bushes in now about 8' tall and almost 5' wide.  I prefer the Chicago Everhardy variety over our Celeste, they are bigger and sweeter.

they must ripen on the bush.  they are ready to harvest when their skins appear cracked and I am here to tell you, it is like liquid sugar when enjoyed

here is our gorgonzola, arugala, cappocola and fig pie

goes very well with goat cheese

IMG_8894

Here we stuffed them with honey goat cheese and wrapped them in proscuitto and grilled them while we were camping

oh now I am craving thses juicy jewels!!  They will be ready to harvest come late September/early October .... something to look forward to!!

little flower

Reply with quote  #6 

Oh my word! Those dishes all look delicious. I'm thinking I may be needing some fig bushes!

Reply with quote  #7 
Sunshine's figs always bring a tear to my eye.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter