Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

My brother Joey (yeah!!) came into town on Friday for a quick visit.  He, Eva, Ryan, Zachary, Sawyer and I left on Saturday afternoon to head over to Charlotte . We wanted to spend the night there so we could find a great place to start our tailgating early for the Packer vs Panthers’ game. I found a fantastic deal on a keeler hotel online.  (Love it when I find a deal!) Ended up getting a $230 room for $105.  It was at the Hyatt Place just a few miles from the stadium.  Sure was nice to have such a large hotel room, with 6 of us, we needed it. 

We headed down to find our tailgating spot early, must have been about 9:30 or so when we found started setting up.  Joey pulled out the Packer Flag.  Now, this flag was made by Joey and Gregg in our backyard in Dunedin in 1996.  Every game this Flag has been to, all in our party that attended that game sign and date the flag and put the score.  Fuzzy Thurston (offensive player that was in the first 2 super bowls under Vince Lombardi) autographed it twice; Gilbert Brown also autographed it as well.  The Packer Flag has been seen in the beginning of the short movie shown at the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay and has even made it in Sports Illustrated ~ you see Joey in his cheesehead (but his face was obscured by someone’s hand) and you see Eva and I as well as we all held up the Packer Flag.

There was only a couple other cars in the lot when we arrived, but soon the lot became full and I believe there was a slight edge of Cheeseheads to Panther fans.  Met Packer fans from many different states!  Some had some crazy get ups to show their support of our team. The weather was PERFECT!  The air was dry and brisk. So wearing a light jacket felt good.  The sky was overcast most of the day.  This was Zachary and Sawyer’s first time tailgating and seeing the Packers play.  I think they really enjoyed themselves.  We wanted to get inside the stadium early, so we headed out on our walk to the stadium about 11:30.  We only had to walk about 10 minutes, but what a fun walk!  Love to people watch at events like this! 

Our seats were in row 32 (out of 34) so we were way up there, but what a view! It was pretty neat that after the National Anthem finished a fighter jet (I think that is what they are called) flew over. Just went down to the concession once and bought Joey and I a beer and the kids a water and a Gatorade ……… $24.25!! …… I told that women that was a weeks worth of groceries, lol!  Most of you know me, and I don’t like to pay full price for anything, so when I purchased a single beer for $8.00, well, that is what I drank, one beer.  Western Carolina ’s Marching Band, that has won many awards/competitions, was the halftime show.  This was the first time I saw them and I was quite entertained.

Weather held out magnificently!!  The sun made an appearance for about a half an hour mid way through the game, and what a major incline in temp!  We all estimated it was close to 20 degrees hotter, and we didn’t bring any sunscreen.  Sawyer and Zach were getting into the game and watching Sawyer with his fist up in the air yelling “Go Pack Go” with all of us was indeed an awesome sight.  Oh and Zachary was able to witness someone throwing up after the game, lol!

The Packers beat the Panthers, 30 – 23, and we walked out of that stadium with our heads held high!  Got home about 8 and Gregg had a wonderful meal prepared for us, smoked chicken, Greek Style roasted tater wedges, cucumber salad, 3 bean salad, and a zadzuki sauce!  After that we retired to the loft, after a short while Sawyer had fallen asleep and Zach wasn’t too far behind, them boys were tuckered out.  Had a most wonderful time with Eva, Joey and the boys!  Now that Monday has flown by, on to Tuesday.  Have a beautiful week!!  Til next time!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #2 

Looks like a sweet deal Sunny.. Good thing the “boys” got to see the Pack down in your direction.. It is important that they are brought up proper !!

Pic attached of the “not so frozen tundy” from the NFL kickoff 2011..

Attached Images
Name: 2011-09-08_20_17_38.jpg, Views: 12, Size: 880.27 KB

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

ahhh, Lambeau Field.  Years back I got to tickets from Fuzzy on the 10 yard line, 1st row!  My Cuz and I had an amazing time at that game.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter