Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #1 
Art tweeted this earlier today:

'look & listen for a special JJ Grey solo performance & interview from the world famous Ardent Studios in Memphis.  It's gonna be webcasted.'

If any of ya'll find out any information on this, post it here so we all can enjoy!

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm assuming the best place to start looking or pay attention to is the Ardent Sessions/Ardent Presents website.

ardentpresents.com

This is where they will post the webcast when it becomes available and they retweeted Art's little teaser, so I'm assuming they are the ones doing it. 

They also use breakthruradio for their webcasts as well, if anyone uses that, keep an eye out for it. 

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #3 
From looking at the past performers on there, it looks like they have them play quite a few songs for it.  There is video, audio, and plenty of pictures to go along with each one, so we might be in for quite a treat.

I wonder if we may get our first true recording of the new song 'All That Is'/'The Ballad of Larry Webb' from this or maybe another song we have not heard before?  Seems like these type of events have brought those out with JJ in the past.  Orange Blossoms, King Hummingbird, Hurricane, and the likes have all come out in radio solo/interviews long before they became mainstays on a record or live performance. 

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

You have a point. (But if you wear a hat maybe nobody'll notice.)

helix77

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

You have a point. (But if you wear a hat maybe nobody'll notice.)

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Reply with quote  #6 
I'll get back to you in a minute MF1, but first, what's important...

Check out the link:

http://www.ardentstudios.com/musicblog/2012/01/12/the-warm-up-with-jj-grey-and-not-mofro/

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #7 

A little spoiler...  He plays the new song, 'All That Is/The Ballad of Larry Webb'.  Calls it All That Is in the interview, but still said it's not for sure the name of the song.

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #8 

Plays Hide & Seek and The Sun Is Shining Down as well.  Funny how he plays in the wrong key or has trouble starting both songs, but he makes up for it, as we all know...

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #9 
i've been playing this Larry Webb tune a lot lately on the guitar and piano.

something about it hits me pretty hard, serious lessons within.

so it was good to hear another version b/s the bamboo room one.

now, who recalls the days where JJ got pissed about the chorus and reverb on his voice, so seriously funny to hear the chorus turned up on his voice in this sessions.
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
i've been playing this Larry Webb tune a lot lately on the guitar and piano.

something about it hits me pretty hard, serious lessons within.

so it was good to hear another version b/s the bamboo room one.

now, who recalls the days where JJ got pissed about the chorus and reverb on his voice, so seriously funny to hear the chorus turned up on his voice in this sessions.

Hey UHollis, with the Ballad of Larry Webb, I was playing around with it too yesterday on the Guitar and found it to be eerily similiar to I Believe, both in the chord structure and sound of the song.  Would almost be the same key as well, but he plays the Ballad in a half step lower.  What do you think?

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #11 

He also played that new song on the Iclips show before Tedeschi-Trucks.  Boy his voice sounds great on this interview session. Especially Sun is shining......

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #12 
No shit, I didn't realize that and I never got chance to listen. Is that archived somewhere?

Cold enuf up there yet? Supposed to get into upper 30s here tonight. I've already built a big fire to keep us warm when we go to bed. (Ain't got no fireplace tho so it's a little dangerous I should say...)
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
No shit, I didn't realize that and I never got chance to listen. Is that archived somewhere?

Cold enuf up there yet? Supposed to get into upper 30s here tonight. I've already built a big fire to keep us warm when we go to bed. (Ain't got no fireplace tho so it's a little dangerous I should say...)

we're lurking forward to 12* tonight 

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #14 

OMG and RRR is in Pitsburgh! I'll take Tampa any day, no matter how humid and hot it is for 6 months of the year.

redfisherroy

Reply with quote  #15 

The Iclips is not archived as far as I know.  You had access to T-T Band show for 1 week but not to JJ's portion. Not too cold yet...you know one time when I lived in St Pete I was headed to a show over at Skippers in February and it was cancelled due to cold!  And I remember rolling black out s around Xmas down there becuase all the heat was electric and power company couldn't meet the demands.....good thing you got trophy wife to keep ya warm....

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #16 

Jen and I went to a Mofro show at Skipper's in Feb '07 (i believe)--actually a 2 night run--that was freezing ass cold. We don't live but about 15 mins from there and the second night when we got home I checked the thermometer and it was 28. The shows went on but to say the least they weren't packed. I felt really bad for Daryl. JJ was still playing keyboard on stage back then so he'd get a break from guitar but Daryl's hands were purple. Jen and I literally had on long johns and gloves so it was bearable but some people couldn't take it and left. I think we had rolling blackouts that year. I remember rolling blackouts in either 83 or 84 and again in 87 and 89 I believe. Between all them the citrus industry took a huge hit and grove owners north of I4/Disney gave up trying. That's after 100 years of successful growing.

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #17 

>hijacking now in progress<

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #18 
Bump

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #19 
i have both these radio , memphis and louisville spots sourced tracked in FLAC and mp3 for anyone who wants them, or at least wants the songs from them. 

i will upload to somewhere later.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter