Country Ghetto
Lochoosa
Everythng Good
Sweaty
Orange blossoms
War

Encore audible:
On Fire replaces Sun & Jookhouse

What a way to leave a country!!!  My favorite Germany show.
After last night's pleasant albeit low-key show, this cub reporter was needing a boost, after several hours negotiating hundreds of kilometers of German train track.  I had never heard of Unna until this tour was announced.  Quite a charming little village.

Oops, let me post the setlist, will add more.

Admin
Reply with quote  #2 

Verz verz cool...a Ho Cake start. That reallz had to get the place buyying from the start.

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #3 

I thought the same thing Sir, about Ho Cake as an opener,

dayum, or should I say dazum, hee hee.  

Boy oh boy are our 'Fro Familia gonna be in major culture shock

when they return. 

wonder if they will consider a

decompression chamber to help ease the discomfort!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moore
Bear with me, this keyboard is the most diffcult zet:

Ho Cake
A Woman
6 Ways
King Hummingbird
Beautful World
Dirtfloor
Hide Seek
Florida
Jawja Wawhawse
Country Ghetto
Lochoosa
Everythng Good
Sweaty
Orange blossoms
War

Encore audible:
On Fire replaces Sun & Jookhouse

What a way to leave a country!!!  My favorite Germany show.
After last night's pleasant albeit low-key show, this cub reporter was needing a boost, after several hours humming along on hundreds of kilometers of German train track.  I had never heard of Unna until this tour was announced.  Quite a charming little village.

Oops, let me post the setlist, will add more.

Have I mentioned I hate these kezboards?

So anyway, as the show was 5 minutes away from the 8 pm start, there were fewer people in the room than last night's 125.  And it looked like not a lot more were expected as there were hightop cocktail tables on the floor not far from the stage.  Hmmm.  But with the house music playing Skynyrd, Dr John, Wilco, all did not seem lost.  And we see some people that were at the Cologne show. So the band comes out and hits us right in the face with Ho Cake.  With the love given to AC & Todd right off, worries about crowd energy were premature.

Show progresses nicely, with King Humm again in the 4 hole.  Not a lot of talk from JJ. One attempt was received silently.  With Dirtfloor, the small crowd, now "swelled" to maybe 140, picked it up considerably.  After H&S comes the tour debut of Florida.  WOW.  Courtesy of Art & Dennis, there is a new hole in the roof of the former Linden Brewery (I won't even try to write it in German). Our new friend Florian from Vienna calls it the highlight of the 4 concsecutive shows he and Hannah have seen.  Again, simply WOW.

Next is a raucous Wawhawse.  Like last night, Trube exchanges his slide for a bier bottle attack on that lil red devil.  With Ghetto, quite a few are dancing.  Geezer nights must have ended.  This small but very spirited crowd frolic through the end of an energizing set.  With no storytelling, it's barely 9:45 when the band retreats.

Good time to talk about the bier du jour (sorry for mixing languages). Hovel's, slightly bitter and tasty.  In big, heavy magnum bottles, with the little wire and plug thingy that pops when you thumb it right.  These things, in a less friendly village, could be considered dngerous weapons, but here, when just a few(including mine) are pounded on the stage riser, thunder happens.  Nasty thunder, amazing the band upon return.  And what a return!  On Fire was stone cold crazzzzy!  This little gathering just ate it all up, and untypical of the reserved behavior we had seen for a week, were all clapping overhead, shouting,whistling and actually movin all bout.  Loved it!

Sadly, the Germany shows are over.  We all hang out to savor every last bit.  In 7 shows, not once have we been rushed toward the exit. In fact, I don't know what a bouncer looks like here, because I haven't seen one yet.  And as we are saying are goodbyes, AC goes over to the piano in the wings and plays Brahm's Lullaby, followed by a short recital for Misty, Flo, Hannah and me.  Nice way to exit Germany.

Maybe a couple hrs of snooze, then off to ADam.

Reply with quote  #5 

Hey Sunny, if this is discomfort, I'm aiming for Discomfortably Numb!

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:

Hey Sunny, if this is discomfort, I'm aiming for Discomfortably Numb!

Oh how I LOVED your latest review!! 

(I meant discomfort of return home, not being there.)

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
  And as we are saying are goodbyes, AC goes over to the piano in the wings and plays Brahm's Lullaby, followed by a short recital for Misty, Flo, Hannah and me.  Nice way to exit Germany.

wow ................... just wow ....................

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #8 
Ho Cake opener. 
Nice.
I have a NOLA radio show somewhere I have never circulated with a scourcing HC opener. 
6 Ways and 
Florida.

Florida, just isnt on the list enough. Nice to see it back!

glad Germany treated everyone so well

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #9 
Florida

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #10 

Great job by Baddy!  This one of Florida is a really good example of the energy coming from the band every single night!

Reply with quote  #11 
War

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #12 
dirtfloorcracker

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #13 
EGIB

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #14 

Bad Habit

Reply with quote  #15 
* We fell in love with Unna!  It was definitely the place of "yes."  First, the lady at the train station said that we actually didn't need to purchase an additional ticket to cross the border the following morning into Amsterdam.  This was after two other ticket agents told us that we did need to buy an extra ticket.  We had actually tried earlier that morning to buy the tickets, but the guy was... I guess you'd say confused.  He's the one who tore up Jim's itinerary.  We all stared in amazement and about died - it was crazy!
* Then we asked where the bank was since we'd been trying for the past two days to get some money from a bank or ATM.  The bank ended up being right around the corner.  Then we asked for help locating our hotel - it was right behind us!  The girl at the front desk was very nice and helpful and ended up giving us a better map to find the venue.  This was also the day when the sun started shining and it was warm!!!
* At the Unna show we ran into the girl with the orange/red Mofro shirt that we first saw at the Cologne show (the photographer).  Tonight she was here for pure pleasure, and boy did she have fun!  It was kind of amusing when she was telling me about how she wasn't sure she should even come to this show because she had to be at work early the following morning but then figured what the hell and came anyway, saying it was worth being tired for - I completely understood and agreed with her.  Another true Mofro fan
* In the War video, it's hilarious (to me) when a fan shouts out "ice cream."  At one of the earlier shows we were all laughing about beer being as good as ice cream.  I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty darn funny!
* I made sure to tell Micah (my newest boyfriend ) that I wanted to have my picture taken with him before the night was over (at the time I asked he was sitting down eating, so I told him I didn't want to bother him then - he said that would give him time to fix his hair and I said me too)  I really, really liked him and he gave great hugs 
* This is the night when AC played the piano for us (Brahm's Lullaby as Jim mentioned in his post)
* The next morning we left in plenty of time to take the early train to Amsterdam (plus three connections).  We stood under the correct platform and saw the sign that told us all the stops the next train was making.  As the time approached closer and closer, we noticed that the sign above us had changed.  We all asked each other if a train had come by that we didn't see?  What was going on?  Jim went to ask a gentleman who informed us that the announcement over the loudspeaker (which we paid no attention to since we didn't understand German) said that the train had been cancelled - what?!?!  So this guy tells us which train we can get on and what connecting train to take to get us back on schedule for the later train to Amsterdam.  So we'd end up getting there a little bit later - no big deal - at least we'd get there.  A few minutes later this guy (who I later found out was named George) came back up to us and said he'd looked up the train schedules on his iphone and found a better route for us to take.  How sweet of him!  We got on the same train and got off at the same location.  As we got off the train and then scurried to figure out where the next platform was (we often found ourselves "scurrying" through those damn stations!), I noticed George at the top of the escalator peering down at us.  I turned slightly to Misty and said I thought he was checking up on us.  And sure enough, he was!  When we got to the top he asked us to make sure we knew the route we were supposed to take as well as the all the connections.  That was really nice of him to check on us.  And thank goodness he did because after we thanked him profusely and told him goodbye as he was getting on his own train, he sort of stepped off and said this was the train we were supposed to ride, too - geez!  We were so thrown off that when we stepped on the train we stuck to George like glue and figured we might as well sit next to him!  A few minutes later Jim was talking to him and just making sure we had the route straight in our minds and knew at which stop to get off next.  That's when George told us he'd be on the train until it was time for us to depart and he'd make sure we made it to the right stop.  We were so VERY grateful for George and dubbed him "our Unna angel"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter