Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #1 

Weekend Update February 18-19 2012

Gregg and Zachary went camping with the Scouts this weekend, so Sawyer and I really enjoyed our one on one time together.  Gregg and Zach left Friday for Cold Spot to return Sunday morning sometime.  I had a funeral to attend Friday evening for a friend, so Gramma took Angel and Sawyer for the evening, and we all spent the night at her house. When we headed out from her house the next morning, it was a bit chilly, but Saturday turned out to be just beyond beautiful outside!  I think Ole Mr. Winter keeps forgetting about us ………… the temps reached near 70 and not a cloud in the blue sky and which allowed the sun to just keep on a shining all day long.  So I decided that we would get some outdoor chores done and leave the housework til tomorrow as it is suppose to be cold and rainy all day Sunday.  We gathered plenty of what I like to call “pixie sticks” for our fire place and Sawyer also helped me transports 2 rather large piles of firewood to the porch and inside.  We then removed a lot of leafs from the waterfall pond and all with a great attitude!  We also cleaned out my car too!  The movie we chose to watch was the final installment of the Harry Potter series as Sawyer had yet to see it.  His dinner choice was buffalo chicken wings.  I baked them in the oven and utilizing my technique rendered ultra crispy wings with out deep frying!!

The rains indeed came late Saturday night, but not as hard as first predicted.  But it sure made for a nice and cozy day to be inside.  The sky remained pretty dark through out most of the day.  I decided I was going to make Italian Wedding Zoupa for our evening meal.  I brought out the photo box that Gregg made me for Christmas and rally had a good time trying to capture the best images I could of the ingredients for my homemade stock and meatballs.

Stock ingredients: dried porcini mushrooms, ground pork & sirloin, garlic, bay leaf, onion, fennel, homemade chicken stock and white wine

simmering the stock before straining

Meatball ingredients: heavy cream, garlic, oregano, onion, parmesan cheese, ground pork and sirloin

the Photo Box Gregg made me for my Christmas gift

and the amazing book for my T2i

Homemade Italian Wedding Soup with toasted baguette

adorned with parmesan cheese

One of my all time fav food photos!!!

This soup was a labor of love and the crispy baguette was the perfect accompaniment to this ultimate bowl of comfort, and making it on a rainy cold Sunday just made it that much more cozy !

Have a Great Week!!!

Peace ~ Love ~ & M*O*F*R*O

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
Lumberingox

Reply with quote  #2 

Hint... hint... quit your day job...

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #3 

awe, thanks Ox

but I love my day job comes with so many perks!

uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #4 
looks yummy.

I've had IWS probably over 70-80 times in my life, a few times a year, and have never had anything but Stelline (stars) pasta in it. 

interesting.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
looks yummy.

I've had IWS probably over 70-80 times in my life, a few times a year, and have never had anything but Stelline (stars) pasta in it. 

interesting.

interesting, that I have never had it with Stelline ..... I have had enjoyed on about 20 or so differnet occasions.  The recipe I was using called for Ditalini.  I think stars would have added a nice visual.

uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #6 
and when mometta (tosh's great grandma) makes it, those meatballs are almost as small as the stars. it is plain nuts. labor of love for sure. 

did you stir in the egg whites at the end?

my favourite is when it has no pasta and extra greens.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #7 

hhmmmmm ...... no egg whites called for.  maybe I did not have an authentic recipe 

loves me some extra greens!  I think I may have to go and harvest some of our Red Russian Kale tonight.

uhollis

Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #8 
nothing is authentic anymore.

i think the old school wedding soup from italy has no pasta

and the egg whites stirred in like egg drop soup is supper cool, and just sets it off.

Sunshine

Reply with quote  #9 

next time ........ no pasta, extra greens and egg whites twirled in at the last moment, thanks for the info!!

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #10 
I have always used orzo pasta and yes really small meatballs.  I actually made some about a month after your weekend review. 
markjacknow

Reply with quote  #11 

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjacknow

well look atchoo sneaking on in through the kitchen 
Welcome markjacknow!!!
come round to the Front Porch and pull up one of those rickety rockin chairs,
we-ins gots Mofro Playing!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter