Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
uhollis

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #1 

The year of moving my FIL into my house, and out of my house, and watching my wife take on a new infant and a father with a brain injury who seems like a child now sometimes. Heavy times in the 1300 SF house of mine, though we have persisted.

Our charity, Hope From Harrison, had a another wonderful Sunfest WPB, and then proceeded to throw our own festival. After 10 months of planning, and exhaustion over fund-raising, the weather set in and rained all week up to the event. It didnt rain the day of, and with doors opening and the charity in the hole, we managed to get enough people out to bring in a small profit for our clients. 700 adults and about 300+ kids came out for food, great beer, and our best SoFLa bands. A ton of work, a learning experience, and able to not loose money. SUCCESS!! 

BoxElder
The Resolvers
Ketchy Shuby
Fuzik
Invisible Music
Uproot Hootenanny
Mike Mineo
Jordan Sky

a clip from Mike Mineo on the second stage that night. bump it up to 1080p

---------------------

Exhaustion pretty much set in after HopeFest in late Nov, and what had promise to be a last minute MOFRO/Hope From Harrison charity event in WPB never took wings. 2 weeks to plan after the climax preceding took its toll on us. We are hopeful for collaborations between the two. 

The shows did sell out at the last minute, and I managed to get myself in both nights.

My last MOFRO show was at least 1.5 years ago, maybe more. Hard to recall. In two night in WPB JJ play 26 different songs, and only repeated 3(SHS, HoCake, OB). The first night say me tell someone that, "Mississippi" might be the best late era song he has. Also that night, H&D, SHS, and HoCake took nearly 45 minutes to complete. SHS only contained the first verse and then some long band enter play. Cake the same way. Earlier in the show JJ kinda wanked the Lochloosa solo, and only picked up the guitar for This River for the rest of the night. The last 7 songs. My buddy and I walked very satisfied with the music, complementing the band immensely.

Night 2 found me at a table up front in the corner with my wonderful wife and friends. 

Your Lady started things off and was absolutely rip your face off good, continuing the jams of the night before, which JJ mentioned in time. Fantastic slot for that song.

I dont have any particulars which will impress anyone here, save some great tunes showed back up after the band got a chance to rehearse during the day.

Whitehouse - SUPERB!
On Palestine - pristine
I Believe - really a mindful reflection for me on this entire year. 
Night to Remember - new tune, fun, muscle shoals style.
That Boy - seated and into Lochloosa (this time without any guitar from JJ)

a few strange angle GoPro videos reside in this playlist.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpbXjPnBI17oGHg7kOihrLiMxAaC36oWP

Compliments to the band, because the y bring it, and to JJ for giving them a platform to let go.

2014 had it all for me, maybe more than any year. highs and lows, tension and release.

Enjoy your holidays everyone.

<3

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 
Merry Christmas Professor!!
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
lazyep

Reply with quote  #3 
Hollis so glad I was able to spend a few moments with you and your lovely wife. May 2015 be kinder to you and yours and may you have the chance to squeeze a few more shows!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter