Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
slick814

Reply with quote  #1 
A friend of mine at work told me that I need to check out the Music at the Zoo website... that I'd like what I saw.
Low and behold, I see that on July 29, Robert Randolph and the Family Band is playing with special guest... JJ GREY!!!!!!!!!  The system here at work won't let me access the tour page on JJ's website for some reason (says it's a malicious imbedded link?)
SO... can anyone confirm this for me? And is it the full band or JJ solo? I know of a dad that would love to take his daughters!

All that is
All that will be
All we have is each other
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #2 

Morning Slick!!  There is nothing listed on the jjgrey.com website,

but that is not to say in airn't a happening .........

I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
slick814

Reply with quote  #3 

Morning Sunny! If it does happen, it'll be a banner year around here, that's fer shore! Almost make me feel like I'm living in your neck o' the woods or somethin'   Only thing I'm hoping for is that it's the whole band. Not sure how my little one would be with just JJ... she's kind strange that way. If it don't sound like her CD's, she might not like it so much. Either way I'm goin'

All that is
All that will be
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #4 

All right for Slick! JJ must be listening to you and trying to come your way more often huh? My two comments...firstus, from my past observations it seems that many fests require bands to hold off announcing until they have. Recent examples would be Magfest and Safeway Blues. The fests announced them on Fri but they just went up on the mofro website last night. So being it's on the fest sched but not on the band's sched yet bodes well and I'd say is 99.99% accurate. (I always leave myself a small exit space!)

Seconds, since they only list JJ then it most likely is just a solo show. Unless they screwed up and somehow left off the "& Mofro" but that's unlikely. My guess is that JJ must be putting together a solo run. But give me a lot more wiggle room on this one.

For any of you other Minnesotans, here's the details.
http://www.mnzoo.com/musicinthezoo/

And Robert Randolph & The Family Band kicks some serious ass. It'd be a helluva good time if JJ comes out and jams with 'em.

slick814

Reply with quote  #5 
And the Ampitheater at the MN Zoo is an awesome venue as well! I caught DBT's there and the sound is incredible. Not a bad seat in the house, either.
Like I said MF1, either way I'm going. Just not sure if my youngest will like it as much as she would with the whole band being there. She doesn't quite get the whole live vs. studio thing quite yet, and JJ solo would be a real shock to her. BUt I think in some way she'd still love it, especially if we get a chance to do a meet & greet type thing with him. It would make her year to get a pic with JJ. Guess I'll have to see how it plays out.

All that is
All that will be
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 
Wish we had a venue with shows like that. I see a good 6-8 on that list that I'd probably go and see. How far is it from you?

Usually there's better chance of meeting JJ in this sort of situation so for sure keep your fingers crossed and have your daughter cross hers too.
slick814

Reply with quote  #7 
It's about a 45 minute drive from my house, so there's no way I'd miss it. I played her my cd from JJ's solo Varsity show last night. Asked if she'd like to go see him play like that this summer and she got all excited asking when and where, so it's on now!  Gotta love when kids get raised right, ya know?
 I'm sure we'll be there plenty early with a good camera this time... hopefully everything else will work itself out too...

All that is
All that will be
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #8 

Looks like all's well that ends well slick. They posted the event on their tour page and their FB page and it's the whole band!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter