Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Registered:
Posts: 394
Reply with quote  #1 

http://JJ Grey at the Tractor Tavern Seattle 2/24/11

0
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Registered:
Posts: 394
Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Y'all
Hell, I just really paid attention to my new title.....hot damn !!!!
I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me after her first encounter, and to my dad, for well, and then there are those teachers who not only kicked my ass out of class for talking too much, but the one who looked at me sarcastically when I told her that someday I was going to write a book, having just read The Catcher and the Rye, not maybe all at once, but I will write enough to fill a book, and then there all of those three friends who have told me I should write a book, and then there are ALL of my friends, who tell me to stick to the point, but who stick around long, long long enough, to hear my stories even if they have already heard them, from me or others, and then there are my family members,and the dead ones too, mostly the men, who were or are known to be proud bullshiteerrrrrrrrrrs, who taught me well,  as in, to not lie, cause that will bite you on your ass, but tell stories like you're making stew.....put everything and everyone in it, add flavor and color, otherwise it's just water....plain, and then there are.................
0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #3 
LMAO Richard. I was wondering how long it'd take u to notice. Less than 24 hours, that's good! Tox has had a title for a couple months and ain't noticed.

Quote:
then there are ALL of my friends, who tell me to stick to the point, but who stick around long, long long enough, to hear my stories  

U mean us right?
0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #4 
Seriously Richard, this place would not be the same without you! And I mean that it a good way!!
0
Richard

Director of really really really
really really long posts

Registered:
Posts: 394
Reply with quote  #5 
King Clay,
Thanks a ton...Brother


0
d.o.e

Avatar / Picture

Official Director of Excess
Registered:
Posts: 524
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1
LMAO Richard. I was wondering how long it'd take u to notice. Less than 24 hours, that's good! Tox has had a title for a couple months and ain't noticed.

Quote:
then there are ALL of my friends, who tell me to stick to the point, but who stick around long, long long enough, to hear my stories  

U mean us right?


must be nice to have a title...



0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #7 

Uhhhhhh...what the hell you talking bout?  You do.

0
FireFly

Avatar / Picture

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador


Registered:
Posts: 639
Reply with quote  #8 
haha richard, thats awesome, congrats on the title
fuckin funny!!!!!!

__________________
"..that was a great show!"
"..I wasn't at that show"
"dude! YOU took me there..!"
( funny quotes from rombello )
0
tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Registered:
Posts: 354
Reply with quote  #9 
Clay, I noticed that the weekend of the Bamboo Room. Pretty cool, but was feeling a little unworthy so I didn't want to draw attention.

But thanks!




__________________
Your big world can wait another day.
0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #10 

How observant of you...you just noticed it then? Shit, you ARE unworthy.

Not true at all tox. You're an integral part of the community as the others and it was DT who actually pointed out my oversight.

Titles like sunny's and richard's are a natural extension of their personalities, love of the band, and how they bring that all together to make their contributions a little special. These are not handed out lightly and have typically been reserved for those who have been around since the early days of the site.

The Blackwater U titles, on the other hand, are reserved only for a special breed. They are the ones who have been around the band and JJ since the early, early days. Those who have special bonds, relationships, things to tell, stories to share from the time when most of us didn't know a mofro from a mugwump. It is a title so reserved that I have not--nor would I ever--bestowed it upon myself. I am not a member of that brethren. I came too late to the party to be considered a part of it. Brett, on the other hand, is more than worthy of being on that list.

0
Sunshine

Avatar / Picture

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Registered:
Posts: 5,828
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Hey Y'all
Hell, I just really paid attention to my new title.....hot damn !!!!
I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me after her first encounter, and to my dad, for well, and then there are those teachers who not only kicked my ass out of class for talking too much, but the one who looked at me sarcastically when I told her that someday I was going to write a book, having just read The Catcher and the Rye, not maybe all at once, but I will write enough to fill a book, and then there all of those three friends who have told me I should write a book, and then there are ALL of my friends, who tell me to stick to the point, but who stick around long, long long enough, to hear my stories even if they have already heard them, from me or others, and then there are my family members,and the dead ones too, mostly the men, who were or are known to be proud bullshiteerrrrrrrrrrs, who taught me well,  as in, to not lie, cause that will bite you on your ass, but tell stories like you're making stew.....put everything and everyone in it, add flavor and color, otherwise it's just water....plain, and then there are.................


congrats Richard, and I thought I circled the airport way too much before landing!!!


__________________
"In a heartbeat, all worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, all worlds collide
  ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
0
MofroFan1

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 7,272
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
and I thought I circled the airport way too much before landing!!!
 
  LMFAO!!   (i hadn't heard that one)

0
d.o.e

Avatar / Picture

Official Director of Excess
Registered:
Posts: 524
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

Uhhhhhh...what the hell you talking bout?  You do.

waaa??? huh?????

its not nice to confuse someone who is already confused...
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

 

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter