Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

I just got a google email alert about 12 hours too late mentioning the live webcast from Tips. Who was in charge of reminding us of this? I'm pretty sure it was d.o.e. Knowing her she was out doing something to excess.

ummm...as a matter of fact I was..

give me a raise and I'll keep my eye on stuff like that.

glad everyone had a great night

Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:
I couldn't agree more DT. If you happen to bump into JJ would you possibly mention something to him for me? Just 3 words: HARP & DRUMS!

Thank you.

Hey, believe it or not, I didn't have to at MMMF.  Someone in the crowd had a huge sign that they held up that said, and I quote.

"JJ, Please play HARP & DRUMS!"

JJ saw it, smiled and laughed, but they didn't play it.  I tried to find the person who had the sign afterwards to take a picture of it but got caught up talking to that band.  It was pretty cool...

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious Tyme

Quote:
Firefly's been texting me the setlist but I'm afraid I'm crashing. Here's where it is up to the point I went to bed.

Georgia Warhorse
Dirtfloorcracka
War
A Woman
Hide n Seek
Brighter Days
Country Ghetto
WYLF
Orange Blossoms
Wrong Side

Wrong Side!   Keep it on the setlist for atleast one more night please!!!

And we got some Wrong Side at MMMF...  Yes indeed...  A first time for me live!

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e
Quote:

I just got a google email alert about 12 hours too late mentioning the live webcast from Tips. Who was in charge of reminding us of this? I'm pretty sure it was d.o.e. Knowing her she was out doing something to excess.

Check's in the mail...
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #45 

Very cool DT. Looks like it's definitely in the roatation huh? Isn't it Wrong Side that Buckwheat Zydeco did on his last record?

Delerious Tyme

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:

Very cool DT. Looks like it's definitely in the roatation huh? Isn't it Wrong Side that Buckwheat Zydeco did on his last record?

Yes, it is, he covered it for his latest record.  Came out a year or two ago if I remember right.

d.o.e

Official Director of Excess
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.o.e
Quote:

Check's in the mail...

who the hell writes checks anymore??

heeelloooo ...its 2011...
just paypal me

yeaaa DT
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #48 

paypal's in the mail

LtownHack

Reply with quote  #49 
the show was awesome, my girlfriend and I flew from tampa specifically for the show, didnt even know jazzfest was going on...score

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #50 

Hey LtownHack!! you finally found us!!  Glad you paid a visit to the Front Porch and hope you visit often, we love new folks showing up!  Welcome!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
LtownHack

Reply with quote  #51 
Thanks for the welcome, I'm wondering now how many of you guys I've actually met at shows, I've been going to as many shows as I can since Jan 09, starting with HOB in Orlando. The first time I say the guys I left feeling like I had been at church and have continued to spread the word ever since. I love taking my friends to shows and never hesitate to buy my buddies tickets because I want them to love these guys as much as I do. They really are awesomely friendly, I was sooo stoked when we got to Nawlins for the Tips show, me and a group a New Orleans buddies were just hanging around outside drinkin a beer when  Anthony F. got off the bus was walking by, saw me and said, " Hack? What are you doing here?" I couldnt believe they new my name. The night just got better when AC and Dennis walked into a cruddy dive bar at like 3 am, and we all played pool!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost couldnt stand it! I am officially on the bandwagon and am psyched I have somehwere to share stories!

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #52 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtownHack
Thanks for the welcome, I'm wondering now how many of you guys I've actually met at shows, I've been going to as many shows as I can since Jan 09, starting with HOB in Orlando. The first time I say the guys I left feeling like I had been at church and have continued to spread the word ever since. I love taking my friends to shows and never hesitate to buy my buddies tickets because I want them to love these guys as much as I do. They really are awesomely friendly, I was sooo stoked when we got to Nawlins for the Tips show, me and a group a New Orleans buddies were just hanging around outside drinkin a beer when  Anthony F. got off the bus was walking by, saw me and said, " Hack? What are you doing here?" I couldnt believe they new my name. The night just got better when AC and Dennis walked into a cruddy dive bar at like 3 am, and we all played pool!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost couldnt stand it! I am officially on the bandwagon and am psyched I have somehwere to share stories!

now THAT is what we love to hear!!  awl your awesome stories of the concerts, the folks you take with you, the interactions with Our Boys!!  they are indeed the most down to earth and approachable folks!!  iffin you gots more stories, dew tell, dew tell!

I remember one time after a show I ran into Anthony and he also greeted me by my first name and I was blown away! they meet so many folks and I told him how much it meant to me that he remembered my name.

since you are from Tampa, you probably were at the Skipper's show(s) in January.  Check out that thread, great pics of many of us from the board.

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
LtownHack

Reply with quote  #53 
Indeed I was at Skipper's, went to the Sunday show and sat around with AC there too. I couldnt wait for these shows after the 3 night run in Jax, I got about 8 buddies and we rented a condo for the week and rang in New Years on the second floor of Freebird. I didn't like the fact that they couldn't play as loud as usual at Skippers though. Also Skipper's on Sunday was the first time I ever heard Brighter Days (which they opened with) AWESOME!!!! I waited till Sunday because Damon Fowler is a buddy and I got to hang out backstage, again, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll stop rambling and go check out that thread!

Mofrofans.com Interplanetary

Ambassador

Reply with quote  #54 
LtownHack you talking about the bar down the street from tip's?
playing pool with the guys probably prevented you from noticing the prettiest girl in the room leaning against the bar? which was me

( funny quotes from rombello )
giggles

Director of Laughs,
Levity, and Love

Reply with quote  #55 

She's telling the truth LtownHack, FireFly is a stunner!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

LtownHack

Reply with quote  #56 
No kiddin, Firefly were you with AC and Dennis, I think we may have chatted for a few, It was at Ms. Maes, and it was down the street from the venue, my sister lives there and drove us around, pretty sure we drove there but my sis told me it was just down the street. I was the drunken bastard that stayed at the pool table, except for when I was trying to get rid of the damn hiccups, I dont think we got in that evening until around 4-5 am, anywho rock and roll!

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #57 
What a small M*O*F*R*O world - love it!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter