Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SoFlaDave

Reply with quote  #21 
Tickets went on sale @ 10 a.m. this morning (Friday 6 August 2010).

General Admission for $44.50 or VIP for $71.50
TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #22 

Can anyone familiar with the area recommend any nearby accommodations for this event?  Thanks (in advance!)

Admin
Reply with quote  #23 

So this appears to be a sit-down place...?

tox

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #24 
Clay,
It's kind of a weird place about that. Usually, everyone starts out in their seats. But what you can't see from this photo is, there's a pretty big slab for gettin' down between the first row and the stage. So, kind of traditionally, as soon as the first note is played, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, leaves their seats and mobs to the stage. It's a "free for all," and it sounds like it might get rowdy but I've never seen it become anything other than a fun party at the front.
Does that make any sense?
I can't quite get my head around how this is going to play out on the 30th, with music going all day. I'm just going in ready for anything.

Alumni/Dean/Assoc Professor,
Blackwater U

Reply with quote  #25 
ive seen some rocking acts in there and its has never been a sit down.  the space in b/w the seats is wide enough for boogie.  there is extra space down front, and the big slab at the top.

it is just like any modern day outdoor "shed" venue in re to seating arrangements, except this place is tiny.

such a great place for a show.  the festival atmosphere here is gonna be fun.

TrophyWife

Reply with quote  #26 
Ok, seriously - we are heading out of town on the 15th thru the 24th, and I'm not gonna have a lot of time once we get back to figure out where to stay for this show.  Can any of you lovely peeps down that way recommend something nearby?  I am finding a few possibilities, but since I'm not all that familiar w/the area, I thought I'd shout out for help!

Honorary Alumni Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #27 
TW,
I'm a smidge north of there, but if something hasn't come to light over the next 2 days I'll find something.

Admin
Reply with quote  #28 

tox...stay away from my wife

Mr Pilchard

Reply with quote  #29 
'TW'

Wasn't sure if you secured a roof over your head or not.

The first is a cool place down on the beach - maybe 2 miles from the show.  Thinks it's $100 a night - but can't beat the local. Never stayed myself, but have seen it as we do the Bar Crawl on the Beach. Ifin' yer just lookin for a quick crash pad, then the Motel 8 is just down the Street from the show.

Hope this was helpful and can't wait to meet you and Clay!

Ebb Tide ResortAddress:
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 41 reviews - more info »
300 Briny Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
(954) 941-7200

http://www.ebbtideresort.com/

Super 8 Pompano BeachAddress:
Rated 1.2 out of 5.0 24 reviews - more info »
2300 Ne 10th St
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
(954) 943-3500

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter