Follow @MofroFans
JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #1 
1.  Me and the Mrs.
mark&jilly

Reply with quote  #2 
Thinking of making the trip from Buffalo. Is this a sit down venue?
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #3 
Last year, it was more of a get knocked down venue.  Pretty agressive and packed up front.  I think there was limited seating back by the bar, maybe also in a balcony?  But not theatre-seating.

We're also evaluating the weather in the midwest, but hoping to hit Louisville, Indy and St L.  Will be a  decision late that week.

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello All!
Been to The Vogue many many times. This is not a Theatre, its a nightclub. There is seating along both sides of the venue and upstairs. I suggest that if you "NEED" a seat you better get there plenty early (like when the doors open). They do reserve tables even though they say they do not. Makes no sense....
I have seen MOFRO in that place when it was practically empty. However the last 3-4 shows have been shoulder to shoulder. Maybe its because I'm local but I love this venue. At last count my wife and I have 15 friends coming along with us who have already bought tickets. We are doing our best to spread the WORD about the band.
We will be making the trip to Louisville the night before for that show. Louisville luvs them sum Mofro!
Show was sold out last year when we went. This will be out 20th and 21st time seeing the band and can't wait!
Safe travels to all.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 
Bout time you stepped onto the Front Porch Indyfears!!
20th and 21st! impressive!!
now that you have made you presence noticed,
you will need to report back with stories and peechures after the shows!!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #6 
It was crazy packed last time they played the vogue.  First couple times I saw them there, it was really empty in comparison to this last go 'round.  Seating is mostly on the rail of the upstairs.  The balcony area is "U" shaped.  You have to get in really, really early if you're going to get a front spot at either side of the "U".  You can call ahead and reserve tables on the 1st floor is what they told me.
woo

Reply with quote  #7 
Me and the wife plus two first timers.  Possibility of 2-6 more people.  I was really hoping for our normal 6 and 4 more but I don't think it will happen.  I can't wait.  I wish I was going to headliners the night b4 too.

Reply with quote  #8 
will be checking the weather, lots of snow at the moment.
its a wait & see.

Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #9 
updated roll call:

1.  Indy & Mrs
2.  Mark & Jilly ???
3.  Craven Moore & Bluesgrl
4.  Indyfears
5.  woo, wife, and friends
6.  Bad Habit
7.  All Grey
8.  Blossom
9.  giggles
10. lemurgrl
11. calypso ???

IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #10 
Weather should be ok by Sunday.  It's just going to be really cold.  I think the predicted high is 26, but the snow should be moved out of the way.

I'm going to have to give JJ shit when I see him.  EVERY SINGLE TIME he comes here in winter the weather turns on us!  LOL
lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #11 
12. lil mofro ho, dave and dave's brother
modifab

Reply with quote  #12 
DING DING!!

11th hour addition here!

So fricken jazzed!

St. Lou too!!!!

Reply with quote  #13 
Wifey and I are all in!

"Cherish well your thoughts and keep a tight grip on your booze........". -B.Weir
Mexicali Blues
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by modifab
DING DING!!

11th hour addition here!

So fricken jazzed!

St. Lou too!!!!

bout time you showed your face round these parts 
now make shure Ms. Habit gives you a hug from me
and make shure you give her a hug from me!

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
All Grey

Reply with quote  #15 
Hope everyone has a panic tonite. I am down for the count for this one with the sickness!! I waited all this time for this show and now sick!!!! Oh well, I look forward to the next one! Tell JJ & the guys I said to kill em! Peace & safe travels to all!!!!

Reply with quote  #16 
The bus from Buffalo will not make it,but everyone going ,Have a great time. Jilly is making some Christmas returns so I told her I would help around the house. I am dusting... Thats right...Dusting. So I got out my Brighter Days DVD,and I Fuc^%* cranked it.....I love dusting. Large Sambuca and Mofro,thats what i"m talking about!!!! Have fun tonight,be safe.
IndyMofro'er

Reply with quote  #17 

The Vogue (Indianapolis, IN.)
December 30, 2012

Ybor City
6-Ways
A Woman
Dirtfloor Cracker
Brighter Days
All
Write a Letter
Hide & Seek
Lochloosa
EGIB
Sweetest Thing
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Harp & Drums

ENCORE
Tupelo Honey (originally slated to be Shining Down)
Ho Cake (w/ members of Speakeasy)

The sickest version of Ho Cake I've heard to date.  The singer/guitarist and keys/harmonica guys from Speakeasy came out to play and completely shredded the tune.

Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

The Vogue (Indianapolis, IN.)
December 30, 2012

Ybor City
6-Ways
A Woman
Dirtfloor Cracker
Brighter Days
All
Write a Letter
Hide & Seek
Lochloosa
EGIB
Sweetest Thing
Slow, Hot, & Sweaty
Orange Blossoms
Harp & Drums

ENCORE
Tupelo Honey
Ho Cake (w/ members of Speakeasy)

The sickest version of Ho Cake I've heard to date.  The singer/guitarist and keys/harmonica guys from Speakeasy came out to play and completely shredded the tune.

Ho man!!!!  Yes, Indy, that was absolutely off the rails.  Shawn, the uncanny reincarnate of Rory Gallagher, just ripped that apart.  As did Farrell.  And we about fell over watching the harp dude try to learn dance steps from Art & Dennis.

Probably the best Harp & Drums I've seen.  Everyone just nailed their stuff.

Nice setlist variety for this show.  Farrell was all over 6 Ways.  JJ just growled out All.  Sure like Write a Letter.  Personally, would have enjoyed Sun Shining Down as the encore, which was originally planned.  But Tupelo sure was good.  No On Fire for these past two shows?  Seems to work just fine.

Really large, raucous crowd.  Speakeasy pumped out about 45 minutes of hard bloozin' rock.  The guitar player looks just like the late great Irish guitarist Rory Gallagheer, with the same moves, the same mannerisms, the entire package.  I asked him later how many people tell him he reminds them of Rory, and his reply was "Who? Never heard of him."  Took him twenty minutes to convince me he wasn't f*ckin' with me, but I guess I believe him.

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMofro'er

Uploaded by Joel Eckles, who I'm guessing is Shawn's brother?
Now, THAT is taking advantage of a guest slot!!!  HO-LY CAKIN' MOLY!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter