JJ Grey & Mofro Fansite Message Forums

Author   Comment  
Bad Habit

Traveling Ambassador of Goodwill
Reply with quote  #1 
Again from facebook this is what I gather will be the roll call:

Chris & Deda
Daryl & Kristal
Susan Richert (I forgot her screen name)
Chanda & Wayne
Danny (maybe Dusty?)
Misty & Erica
JJGMFANS

Reply with quote  #2 
Getting super excited for the NYE tour!

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habit
Again from facebook this is what I gather will be the roll call:

Chris & Deda
Daryl & Kristal
Susan Richert (I forgot her screen name)
Chanda & Wayne
Danny (maybe Dusty?)
Misty & Erica

Craven Moore 

Just got to town - decent flying weather with only minor de-icing delay, but horrendous traffic from Columbia. 
Don't believe everything you don't see on Facebook (insert a winky doohickey here, if so inclined)

Reply with quote  #4 
Setlist:
1  Hide & Seek
2 A Woman
3  99 Shades
4 Brighter Days
5 Ghetto
6  Warhorse
7  Somebody Else
8  War
9  Sweetest Thing
10  Your Lady
11  Tame
12  Slow Hot Sweaty
13 Ho Cake
14 OB
Encore:
15  Lochloosa
16  Everything Good  is Bad

There are at least a couple things you can count on for the first show following a break, in this case nearly 6 weeks since the last show.  The timing is gonna be a little off, JJ's gonna need to break in his voice and his legs, there will be a little rust.  On the other hand, they're rested, fresh and geared to have fun.  So the promise was certainly there that these guys would again magically turn sh*t into ice cream.

Coming out with a full belt of ammo, Hide & Seek started it all off.  They've kept the tinkering that started later in the summer, extending the bridge to a stone groove, with JJ throwing in a little more guitar to match Farrell's lengthened solo, and the horns really taking it all home.

A Woman gets the crowd engaged, which was a little slow to gather and a little slow to gear up, but eventually got there in full voice.  Farrell's keys loud and clear during 99 Shades.  From where I usually stand, sometimes you get more keys, sometimes you get less.  Tonight, Farrell sounded fantastic throughout.

BD finally gave JJ the opportunity to catch his breath.  Definitely not in playoff game shape, but having an absolute blast.  Next up was the "defiance quadrilogy" - Ghetto, Warhorse, Somebody Else and War, all delivered with JJ's signature venomous intensity.  I just love these 4 in a bang,bang,bang,bang sequence.  Throw All in there, people gonna get harmed.

Warhorse featured a knockdown by Art with a thrilling solo, followed by Trube absolutely wailing on the lap gadget, finishing it off by just pounding AC's cymbals into submission with it.

Pretty much the standard set that got played this past season, with Sweetest Thing, Your Lady, Tame, SHS.  Todd got all kind of space to totally groove out YLSS.  He was all over that one.  SHS gets the customarily lights out solos from Dennis, giving JJ one last chance to catch his breath for Ho Cake, which stretched out even longer than usual, with JJ just soaking in the groove after the full circle of solos.  Groove seems to be the most apt description of this show.

JJ showed a little rust in the Lochloosa encore, but more than countered that with just flat out passion and emotion, the crowd riding that crest with him.  EGIB wrapped it all up, with the return of that "showband outro" thingy they've done in the past with JJ leaving the stage.

And was I the only one out here in MF-land that didn't know Daryl was playing a late night show at Beer Works up the street?  An extra treat indeed. 

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #5 
thank you for the review Craven!!  stoked for my turn tomorrow evening!!!
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice CM. And I've heard JJ say that usually there's a little rust few show out. Course you've been to what, 100 shows around the world this year? Think your standards a little high? Putz. I hate you.

(And what's this sh*t shit?)
Craven Moore

Reply with quote  #7 
(What's with this sh*t sh*t is that The Office has ridiculous e-mail policing for profanity or anything politically incorrect.  It's no secret that I'm on double secret probation.  Those f*ckers.)
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter