MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #61 

#6. The Truth

MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
5.  Song about a voice in your head that so often is wrong.  The Devil You Know?
  I din't know that.
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #63 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhollis
good one DT on #6.

I take it you know the answer uhollis? 

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
Delerious Tyme

Moderator, Honorary Alumni/AssocProfessor Blackwater U
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MofroFan1

#6. The Truth

And Clay comes through with the answer, good job Mr. Administrator.

There's no reason why, 'cause Heaven knows

I'm that moment when you finally let go...

"Two kinds of people in this world:  Those that love Greyhounds and those that lie."
-Sir Art Edmaiston of Troy, TN
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #65 
what exactly in being said in the first 2 lines of Dirtfloor Cracka. i've been trying to figure this out for years
all i can make out is something like

_________________ , we need some of them collard greens, _______________ the whip, don't suffer the trip, dip,

then i know the rest
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #66 

AnyOne?????

Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #67 
Here are the lyrics straight from the mofro.net site:

Dirtfloorcracka

Looking for something to prove ⁄ Looking for something to say ⁄ We eat our grits and we don't mind sweet in our tea ⁄ ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Their TV taught them ⁄ Mercy for the Wise ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Call me dirt floor cracker ⁄ But them words just feel me with pride ⁄ ⁄ You seem so pleasant ⁄ You've got something to say ⁄ But them words you speak deep down ⁄ Loving to irritate ⁄ We're not that fooled by ya ⁄ This hard head ya see ⁄ You keep your money coming ⁄ We'll feed ya cheap cornbread and ⁄ Them grits keep flowing baby ⁄ Psy-collard greens and ⁄ My mama said hey boy ⁄ Listen to what they mean ⁄ ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Their TV taught them ⁄ Mercy for the Wise ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Call me dirt floor cracker ⁄ But them words just feel me with pride ⁄ ⁄ We got the soul but you ⁄ Don't want the feeling - ain't right ⁄ We go them moves but you ⁄ Decide to pull it tight ⁄ You think you got - but it ⁄ Its like the road you say ⁄ You about to move it 40 ⁄ We got the record playing ⁄ ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Their TV taught them ⁄ Mercy for the wise ⁄ All they've ever known ⁄ Call me dirt floor cracker ⁄ But them words just feel me with pride

In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #68 
No that's not it Sunny. Those are the lyrics for it but JJ says something right before the printed lyrics--like ibleedfla says:  _________________ , we need some of them collard greens, _______________ the whip, no southerner trip, dip,

These have never been on the lyrics from the website or the printed CD cover. I've wondered the same thing ever since it first came out.

Oh and ibf...wknds are slow, holiday wknds even slower. You may not see an answer for a few days; we're getting about 1/4 of the usual daily visitors to the site today and tomorrow probly will be one of the slowest days in months.
Sunshine

Welcoming CommitteeDirector of Happiness
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
No that's not it Sunny. Those are the lyrics for it but JJ says something right before the printed lyrics--like ibleedfla says:  _________________ , we need some of them collard greens, _______________ the whip, no southerner trip, dip,

These have never been on the lyrics from the website or the printed CD cover. I've wondered the same thing ever since it first came out.

I didn't think it looked right  ....sorry for the wrong answer
In a heartbeat, worlds are born
 In a heartbeat, worlds collide"
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #70 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
Quote:

I didn't think it looked right  ....sorry for the wrong answer

Good effort and a very nice attempt at answering!!

ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #71 

Quote:

_________________ , we need some of them collard greens, _______________ the whip, don't suffer the trip, dip,

[/QUOTE

it's driving me crazy for ever !!!!!  Lord knows how many hrs i've spent trying to decifer it 
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #72 

Shit me too. I swear somebody will know this, keep the faith.

ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #73 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedFLA

_________________ , we need some of them collard greens, _______________ the whip, no suffer the trip, dip,

Upon listening to the DFC intro ALOT, i think it saying something about poetry and quips

________poetry, we need some of them collard greens, ________ quip, don't suffer the trip, dip

might have something to do with psy-collard greens part too.
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #74 

i think the word supper (or suffer?) is in there after collard greens

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #75 

Upon listening to the DFC intro ALOT, i think it saying something about poetry and quips
________poetry, we need some of them collard greens, ________ quip, no_______, trip, dip

might have something to do with psy-collard greens part too.

I hear-
no ... F-O-G, we need some of them collard greens,
no here no ever the whip, no suffer the trip, dip.

ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #76 

lmh..... what would F O G stand for??

lil mofro ho

Reply with quote  #77 
no clue!!!!

that's just what I hear
Dispatch Ninja

Reply with quote  #78 
I thought I read about this in this great thread but I can't seem to find it...what's the story and meaning behind the name "mofro"?
MofroFan1

Admin
Reply with quote  #79 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTX
I thought I read about this in this great thread but I can't seem to find it...what's the story and meaning behind the name "mofro"?

I'll have to look up the references...JJ's been asked that many, many times, as you can imagine. He's responded in articles and in other places that I or someone'll have to dig up to give you the full depth. But in a nutshell it's a made up word that everbody used when he worked at the lumberyard. "Hey man, hand me that mofro." It has no significant meaning other than that. It's one of the classic band situations where he needed a name and came up with something top of mind.

He mentions that when he talks about putting his name in front 2-3 years back. He has said these are the songs about his life and family's life and they are his stories. Having all that signified by a meaningless word is something that began to bother him.
ibleedFLA

Reply with quote  #80 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mofro ho
no clue!!!!

that's just what I hear

I just read over this, sorry for sounding so darn pushy LMH. that definately wasn't my intention  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

This site is dedicated to Jim "Craven Moore" Jagau, known and loved around the world as the biggest and most dedicated JJ Grey & Mofro fan ever. RIP friend. We miss you.

JJ Grey and Mofro recorded shows on the Live Music Archive

original message board

JJ interviews/show and CD reviews

old info but good no less

Site and goddam profanity rules  © Copyright 2008-2010 mofrofans.com and its assigns and entities; Worldwide Rights Reserved.   This site is not affiliated in any way with JJ Grey & Mofro, Alligator Records, Fog City Records, Madison House Management, JJ Grey, Mofro Productions Inc,, or any other entity.   This website is protected by U.S. and international laws regarding copyright protection, including site design, text, and all images.  This site is run from Tampa, FL, USofA.  All photographs are property of this website and its assigns and entities and are copyrighted by JJ Grey and Mofro.  They cannot be used without express permission.  No permission will be granted for photo rights for commercial purposes.  The photos on this site are expressly for recreational use.   All information on this site is known to be correct but site owner makes no guarantees. The information is gathered and presented to the best of our ability but may not be accurate.  We do our best to present this as a bona-fide fan site, not a gossip site.

tumblr counter